Choose your own power set combos

Six-Six

I think I would go a little toward DPS, say a Brute who has Radiation Melee and Energy Melee, then uses the Pool version of Invulnerability along with Tough and Weave, then Combat Jumping.

Then add the Epic Pyre Mastery for Fire Blast and Fire Ball. I think it would be a very busy screen to watch.

• Like 1

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

17 hours ago, Six-Six said:

(@InvaderStych, don't push us away. We're just being friendly).

giphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1

Food for thought from unlikely places. 😛

-----------------------------

Still, a whole lot for me to like combing those two; double sustain/absorb with a big slow, stun/hold in the two big melee strikes, KD in the kicks, Inner Will ... oh ... and BoS.  Cheese the epic for the snipe and the 50% uptime massive defense, a dash of Combat Teleport, pick either a flyer or a speedster and that should just about do it. 🙂

Conceptually? Some kind of Banshee in an episode of DBZ?  A sports instructor who's "sonic attacks" come from a megaphone?  You know, whatever.  Sort of depends on if we're talking SRSBZNS concepts, word-play concepts, etc etc.

Trying to think of another one. 🤔

Well, I'm patiently waiting ("patiently" would be more accurate if there were an emoji for derisive finger quotes) for Stone Armor on Sents so I can roll Fire Blast/Stone Armor .... But that's less fun to theory-craft. 😉

• Haha 1

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

I've always wanted an option that gave you access to some selection of all the powers of one element/type. The term I had back in the day for this concept was Incarnate, but hehe that's taken now, so I don't know what you'd call it. Elemental is fun but wouldn't perfectly encapsulate things like psychic or radiation powers. In this concept you'd have access to (a curated selection to prevent too much game breaking) the following:

Fire Blast/Fire Control/Fire Melee/ Fiery Aura/Thermal Radiation

Ice Blast/ Ice Control/ Ice Melee/ Ice Armor/ Cold Dom

Seismic Blast/ Earth Control/ Stone Melee/ Stone Armor/ maybe sonic resonance but wouldn't really be in the spirit of the ability, so no fifth set unless one is designed.

Elec Blast/ Elec Control/ Elec Melee/ Elec Armor/ Elec Affinity

Psychic Blast/ Mind Control/ Illusion Control/ Psychic Melee/ same as earth, could do FF or Empathy hypothetically.

Dark Blast/ Darkness Control/ Dark Melee/ Dark Armor/ Dark Miasma

Plant Control/ Nature Affinity/ Storm Summoning/ Spines/ Bio Armor

Radiation Blast/ Radiation Melee/ Radiation Armor/ Radiation Emission

I really just want to play a character that feels like a complete master of their 'element,' without having to make alternate versions as a different class. Even with a restricted power selection, I think playing something like an all-around-radiation character would just be fun as shit.

Edited by lightpunch
  • Like 2

On 1/24/2022 at 3:11 PM, JasperStone said:

PeaceBringer/Widow .........

Actually! Now that you mention it? I'd be into grabbing the inherent teleports offered to Warshades and to pair them with widow, or even fortunata training. 

• Like 1

Resident certified baby

Assault sets with Armors or some mixture of buffs and controls going more for VEATs style of play. To me that's more how CoH should have been done from the ground up.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

On 1/23/2022 at 1:21 AM, Six-Six said:

I already have a few in mind

Fire Control / Illusion Control "look! I'm a mastermind with out all the fuss." (did this one get named a bunch already?)

Icy Assault / Fiery Assault (Ooo I like this game)

Gravity Control / Energy Aura (stalker version)

• Thumbs Up 2

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

On 1/23/2022 at 4:21 AM, Six-Six said:

If you can have any power set (primary and secondary) from any AT and pair it with any power set also from any AT's primary and secondary, what concept(s) would you come up with?

Storm Summoning / Super Strength - not Thor

Martial Assault / Super Reflexes (Sentinel version) - ranged & melee fighter

Dual Pistols / Dual Blades - pistol-packin', knife-wielding menace

• Thumbs Up 1

Been hitting the character creation again coughing up costumes and concepts.

I find myself yearning for:
Blaster primaries/Scrapper or Brute primaries
Scrapper or Brute primaries/Blaster secondaries
Blaster primaries/Dom secondaries
Brute or Scrapper primaries/Dom secondaries.

haha, I'm a blapper through and through... and occasionally a Brutinator.