Choose your own power set combos

Six-Six

If you can have any power set (primary and secondary) from any AT and pair it with any power set also from any AT's primary and secondary, what concept(s) would you come up with?

I already have a few in mind, but I'll go write up the concepts later
Katana/Dual Blades
Dual Pistols/Shield
Shield/Forcefield 

Beast Mastery/Savage Melee, take the "raised by wolves" concept further by fighting alongside your pack.

Martial Arts/Devices or Martial Arts/Traps, for the not-Batman in you.

Martial Assault/Ninjitsu, a more throwing star focused ninja master. This might be a violation though since both sets are secondaries.

Savage Melee/Martial Combat, if only to combine Savage Leap with Burst of Speed to make a super agile apex predator.

Spines/Plant Manipulation.  The thorn attacks are a bit redundant but the two together might be thematic with a sentient plant monster.  Toxins with Spines being poisonous also go together allowing a more lethal dose of the venom to be delivered at once.

• Thumbs Up 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

Inv/Inv

Simply unkillable. Otherwise completely useless.

FA/FA

Burn - Burn is the only attack chain I need. For everything.

Claws/Claws

....and then take Eviscerate twice. Use them as your only attacks. Maximum hatred.

Fire Blast/Fire Blast/Fire

Take them on an archetype that gets Fireball as an epic. Use only three Fireballs as your attack chain. Wear a wizard hat. Die of 1D4 harsh glare damage.

DM/DM

Take Flurry in the speed pool, and the Sands of Mu temp power. Two Shadow Mauls. Flail like an idiot at everything.

Edited by SaintD
Edit: Adding more double stacked trolling.
  • Haha 5

The idiot formerly known as Lord Khorak

*cough*

;)  (Older topic, granted.)

I think they'd probably have to be PL'd to some point, but I admit, I'd do some silly things.

Dark Armor/Inv, with pool attacks of course. Or Inv/WP. Just odd armor/armor combos. Fire Armor/Rad Armor?

I'd be curious to see how people reacted to playing something like DP/Katana.

For laughs, if the graphics carried over? Crab/Luminous Aura. See a Dwarf wtih Crab legs... yes, Crab/Crab.

• Haha 2

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Traps/Katana

Poison/Staff (I'd prefer shirkens to poison, but poison is the closest thing we have to what I'm looking for)

Storm/Martial Arts

Force Field/Energy Melee

(there's a trend here if you haven't noticed)

• Thumbs Up 1

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

SJ/DP. A scrapper/blaster combo. Let’s get glass canon-y! (Yeah I broke the rules. I guess it’s be scrapper/defender?)

Edited by cranebump
  • Thumbs Up 1

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

I'd probably go Cold Domination/Trick Arrow, or Storm Summoning/Trick Arrow.

Time Manipulation/Trick Arrow could be neat for its well roundedness.

Then again, Storm/Storm with burnout might be too much chaos to pass up.

Edited by Bopper
  • Like 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

Sonic Manipulation/Martial Combat/Soul Mastery (Blaster/Blaster/Scrapper).

At first it was a joke about having Ki Push and Sonic Thrust on the same toon, but now I kinda want one for all the rest of the possibilities. 😛

• Haha 2

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

Obviously Storm/Storm will be the way. The thought of doubling up Tornados and Lightning Storms AND the Force Feedbacks that come with them... I’m guessing that’s easily 6 Lightning Storms and 4 Tornados perma if not a smidge more depending on the impact of the extra FF proc durations.

Edited by arcane
  • Thumbs Up 1

Haha. lots of cool ideas here. There are no rules to which powers you get from which AT. They can be both secondaries or even redundant powers like TA/TA or INV/INV. And they don't have to pve friendly, they just have to make sense in our heads like my Shield/FF. He'll be the ultimate guardian generously giving the team def buffs, but otherwise, he doesn't really pack a punch.

What caught my eye is how some pairs (and epics) were chosen to spam one or two powers... which is fine. I wouldn't mind a toon that just threw fireballs the entire time, or just ran around Eviscerating or @SaintD's idea of furiously fanning everyone he passes. (@InvaderStych, don't push us away. We're just being friendly). So I started thinking about double stacking MM primaries. Could you imagine those on a team... in a cave. haha.

And, Sorry @Greycat, topic just popped in my head and decided to post without checking.

3 hours ago, Six-Six said:

And, Sorry @Greycat, topic just popped in my head and decided to post without checking.

Wasn't criticizing. :)

• Thumbs Up 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

I want dual blades/shield defense so much. And also claws/shield defense. And katana/shield defense. Pretty much all the disallowed melee sets with shield, but if I had to pick only one it would be dual blades. 

And all blast sets/shield defense (aka give shield to sentinels!) 

Oh and just for kicks: Shield Defense/Regen Tanker!

Edited by Saikochoro
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On a slight tangent (and different thread), I was mulling over a pipe dream for a Blaster Secondary: Close Quarter Combat that would pair nicely with a ranged (preferably weapon-based primary) It would go something like this (think Old Guard movie):

1. Immob. Intimidate from Presence Pool

2. ST melee attack (high dmg). Nimble Slash or Power Slash (from Dual Blades)

3. Hold/Slow. Caltrops

4. TP + ToHit (because Blappers). Something similar to Combat TP or Burst of Speed (Martial Combat)

5. AoE Debuff (minor dmg). Ablating Strike (from Dual Blades)

6. Stealth/Def/ToHit. 

7. Clicky Heal/End/Res. Kuji-in Toh (from Ninja Training)

8. AoE Immob/hold/debuff. Invoke Panic from Presence Pool

9. ST or Cone (extreme dmg). Vengeful Slice or Sweeping Strike (from Dual Blades)

I was leaning heavily into Dual Blades, but T2, T5, and T9 can be from any weaponed melee (Mace, Katana, Broad Sword, Axe... hell, even Titan Weapons because why not)

But like I said, it's for another thread. For this one, let's have existing power sets. just mix and match across ATs. 😃

• Like 1

Illusion Control/Illusion Control - Phantom Army, except it's Gang War.

Martial Assault (dominator)/Martial Combat (blaster) - This isnt as much a meme as my first suggestion, Im genuinely surprised there's no Ranged Damage set based on the various "ninja" weapons. There's more than half the set there in Martial Assault.

Martial Assault/Widow Training - More ninja, but now with arm katanas

Assault Rifle/Arachnos Soldier - CoH? No. CoD!

Mind Control/Psi Melee - The fact Psi Melee builds DONT generally have access to other mind powers bugs me. They, quite ranfomly, get Mass Levitate, and Boggle? Like, WHY? This is clearly supposed to be LEGALLY DISTINCT Psylocke, but you get these control powers out of nowhere just because you, as a psychic, could have them? Yet, neither Blaster, nor Dominator (the only two classes who combine ranged attacks and melee attacks outside of Epic Archetypes and Ancilery/Patron powers) get the psi blades.

Trap Arrow/Tactical Arrow - Blasters in general are spoiled fucking rotten, theyre versions of other classes powers are sometimes just so fucking good and they show up NOWHERE. ELSE! It's one of the only reasons I absolutely advocate for letting people choose whatever set they want on whatever class they want, because it is genuinely baffling why THIS lone class gets so much special treatment... whatever, my point is I'd like Upshot, Eagle Eye, and Gymnastic on my Trap Arrow defender.

Earth Control/Seismic Blast - Dominator is in a similar position of the blaster, but it's remedied slightly by the fact it doesnt get as much as a special treatment. I digress though, Id like to double down on ranged earth powers in a way that the Dominator simply cant do.

Spines/Poison (or Poison/Spines) the lack of a class that combines support and MELEE is weird. I really want a defender, but for melee. It'd help support some of those Res powers that require you to be closer than you'd like to be for a defender. Plus, these are the only two poison sets in the game. More importantly, Im kinda sick of trying to make an armor set match the colors of Spines' poison vfx...

Literally Any and All Mastermind Primary Powersets/Anything Besides Support Sets - The Mastermind should have defender stats on their support sets, straight up. Theyre taken out by a stiff breeze, enemies will aggro them even if the pets are the ones to engage and theyre stuck with mediocre support powers to try and keep their minions, theyre primary feature, from failing them - all because they get the crumbs of a different power set you may as well ignore? So, instead, let me keep MYSELF alive, or! Let me get more actively involved! I'll play a Zombies/Broadsword character! If you won't buff my ability to support them, then let me fight with them!! GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME BUFFS!

Any of the VEAT Specializations/Anything Else - This is mostly because it's super obnoxious that you cant see the specialization information at all until you unlock them. Being able to choose one right out of the gate means I can see the information about their powers RIGHT AWAY!

And finally...

Crab Spider Training/Crab Spider Training -

Edited by Redletter
Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Resident certified baby