When You Want to Run Solo, What Scrapper Do You Take?

00Troy00

Claws/ea or Ice/stone. I have a Ice/stone Brute and Stalker so I see no reason why it won't work for a Scrapper. If I could talk myself into trying Claws/stone, I would do that. I've already taken Claws to 50 three times, so I don't feel the need to make another right now. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

Dual blades/bio.

I've tried others, and nothing compared to it. Good AoE, good Single target. Survivability with defensive adaptation, extra damage when needed with offensive adaptation.  

All around good, solid, balanced scrapper that can do anything the game throws at it.

Happy Wife = Happy Life

It's a Scrapper.  You're pretty good to go.  🙂

Claws/Stone is quite fun, if you're looking for a newer Secondary for Scrappers and a combo that couldn't be done before (claws/stone Brutes/Tankers aren't an option).

• Like 6

Elec/ lacks solid ST damage. AS traded for the PBAoE 0-damage stun on Stalkers alleviates that.

Still one of the two best AT's for it, though, due to damage scalar and the pseudo-pet status of Lightning Rod.

3 hours ago, BrandX said:

Claws/Stone is quite fun, if you're looking for a newer Secondary for Scrappers and a combo that couldn't be done before (claws/stone Brutes/Tankers aren't an option).

Stealing this.

Edited by Errants

Death is the best debuff.

7 hours ago, 00Troy00 said:

I know that, in the Stalker forum, a lot of people reccomend Elec/Shield. Is it not as good on a Scrapper?

It won't top the ST DPS, but I don't recall it being some extremely terrible combo.  I soloed AVs with it (w/out incarnates) back on live.

But generally, as states, Electric Melee is generally considered better on Stalkers, and I do love it on my Elec/Bio Stalker.

15 hours ago, 00Troy00 said:

I know that, in the Stalker forum, a lot of people reccomend Elec/Shield. Is it not as good on a Scrapper?

The downside is there are two powers with pets so they don't crit. This is lesser of an issue for a Stalker as the pet means it doesn't break Hide. Add in AS and the ST damage is solid. It is more just how good the combo is on a Stalker versus it being bad for a Scrapper. 

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

Yea, I agree with BrandX. Any scrapper will do!

I guess if you are in the interests of wanting to solo AVs and GMs then some powersets instantly become more recommended than others, but for just normal story content and EBs, anything should do just fine

• Like 1

Scrappers at 50

Dual Blades/WP My main and badger; DB is fun if you don't mind combo mechanics, though can be ignored.  WP doesn't have good debuff resists, but great recovery & regen if not debuffed
Psychic Melee/Regen PM will tear thru some mobs, and stall out on others.  Regen is great for solo since you will almost always be at full health & endurance between mobs.  Easy to get overwhelmed, but you can dive out of a mob and get quick respites
Claws/WP Claws is just a fun set
Dark/ Bio Dark's tohit debuff is helpful if end hungry.  Bio can help with that.  Bio is pretty versatile
Energy Melee/Energy Aura This combo might be one of my more survivable scrappers.  Near caps on resist & def and hits really hard.
Street Justice/Bio Street Justice is another fun set
Broadsword/Shield A classic combo. End hungry at the lower levels iirc

I don't tend to do much with sets until they get to 50, though I'll often throw a perf shift +End if endurance is an issue.

I also have a bunch of different permutations with Brutes.  For solo stuff, they're almost interchangeable and I usually pick which AT based on concept though looking at my stats, I have twice as many brutes though I tend to play my scrappers more.

This is just my own opinion, and shouldn't be presented as actual facts. 

If you're going to play a scrapper, there are two basic types: Resist-based armor and Defense-based armor. 

Go for the defense based armor. Why? Because a brute has a higher resist cap, and arguably, with proper management of fury deals out more consistent dps, with more survivability, and as I stated - that's only based on my own anecdotal experience. Some players are way better at optimizing dps on a scrapper, using the ATO procs for the most benefit. (I guess) 

It's odd. After making a few scrappers with fire, invuln, rad, bio...they're just not that good with higher level mobs & mob count. (+3/8, +4/8) 
The defense based scrappers however, SR, Shield....they hold their own, much to my surprise. 

As far as the primary goes, I don't think it matters, though I've heard Dark Melee has a few issues, and Stone, as fantastic as a Critical from Seismic Smash is, there's talk that the dps is underwhelming compared to other sets and you'll need to pursue more recovery and/or endurance discount set bonuses to maintain longer battles unless you're teamed with some recovery buff teammates, or make prodigious use of Recovery serum or Survival amplifiers from p2w. 

And, I'm someone who monitors End recovery vs end consumption via combat attributes. I've got the usual procs in Health & Stamina, and still, I've got end issues. Only level 29, so hopefully when I get the next couple of accolades, that will help. 

My go to Scrapper is Claws/Ice, it is probably is my most expensive build with the Winter sets for Fire defense.  It might not exist if Claws/Stone was available sooner.  I do love being able to have Claws with Stone Armor. My version probably needs more refinement, and it might become my favorite Scrapper.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Ukase said:

It's odd. After making a few scrappers with fire, invuln, rad, bio...they're just not that good with higher level mobs & mob count. (+3/8, +4/8) 
The defense based scrappers however, SR, Shield....they hold their own, much to my surprise. 

It’s not that odd or a surprise...   I’ve only been going on about it for about two years.  

Guardian survivor

Any/Any...

Though, I've a certain fondness for:

Kat/Regen

Spines/Ice

Titan/Nin

Staff/Will

Elec/SR

WM/EnA

DM/ElA

Rad/Shield

Stone/Rad

MA/Bio

Ice/Invuln

Nrg/Dark

Kin/Fiery
Claws/Stone

And that's just the actual Scrapper toons. We are disregarding the fact that all but 3 toons I've ever rolled live in melee (AR/Nrg Blaster and Dark/Cold Corr - Ranged for cones for days; Beam/EnA Sent - Hover Gundam)

Death is the best debuff.

On 3/20/2022 at 5:22 AM, Xeres said:

My go to for almost anything except very heavy tanking is my MA/WP scrapper.

When i need to tank it's my Dark/Dark/Soul tank.

I keep hearing that MA is outdated and too end-heavy. I take it you think otherwise?

2 hours ago, 00Troy00 said:

I keep hearing that MA is outdated and too end-heavy. I take it you think otherwise?

I haven't looked at numbers but one AoE is going to make larger mobs a bit of a chore. Even if add one via Epics, you can still be behind other primaries. I think you want a damage aura with it or some sort of AoE damage via /rad. The added Def for Brutes and Tanks means it can play better on those ATs.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

4 hours ago, 00Troy00 said:

Hard disagree. If anything I think it is incredibly underrated on Scrappers. My purpled out MA/SD does better ST and AoE damage than my purpled out WM/SD, and cheaper on End as well, and we all know how good War Mace is, so that’s sayin somethin.

Dragon’s Tail, when used in combo with Eagle’s Claw and a Force feedback +rech is all the AoE you need, you can just constantly spam EC->DT->SK/CAK non stop, with Dragon’s Tail and the third attack getting GUARANTEED criticals whenever the CS proc fires (72% of the time as I have it slotted). Thanks to its blazing fast animation, DT does better AoE DPS and is therefore more spammable than almost any other scrapper AoE attack but Claws’ Spin, especially when it’s constantly critting thanks to Eagle’s Claw(+CS Proc). I legit sometimes forget to even use Shield Charge/Judgment because critical Dragon’s tail is so tasty and addictive to spam. I never even thought about taking fireball or cross punch or any other mediocre  additional option, you’re better off just spamming more and more EC->DT. 

Hint: use Eagle’s Claw with the CS Proc and NO other slotted recharge in the power, and make sure to get a Force Feedback in Dragon’s Tail

Edited by leeowensoas
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, leeowensoas said:

Hard disagree. If anything I think it is incredibly underrated on Scrappers. My purpled out MA/SD does better ST and AoE damage than my purpled out WM/SD, and cheaper on End as well, and we all know how good War Mace is, so that’s sayin somethin.

Dragon’s Tail, when used in combo with Eagle’s Claw and a Force feedback +rech is all the AoE you need, you can just constantly spam EC->DT->SK/CAK non stop, with Dragon’s Tail and the third attack getting GUARANTEED criticals whenever the CS proc fires (72% of the time as I have it slotted). Thanks to its blazing fast animation, DT does better AoE DPS and is therefore more spammable than almost any other scrapper AoE attack but Claws’ Spin, especially when it’s constantly critting thanks to Eagle’s Claw(+CS Proc). I legit sometimes forget to even use Shield Charge/Judgment because critical Dragon’s tail is so tasty and addictive to spam. I never even thought about taking fireball or cross punch or any other mediocre  additional option, you’re better off just spamming more and more EC->DT. 

Hint: use Eagle’s Claw with the CS Proc and NO other slotted recharge in the power, and make sure to get a Force Feedback in Dragon’s Tail

Could you please link your build . I just came back after 3 years away and am eager to try a scrapper. Always adored the MA animations.

Edited by desarix