MOAR JUDGEMENTS

kelika2

Need some guns or one big gun.  Pirate cannonball, a wall of guns being portaled in, maybe akimbo miniguns

Nature stuff, foot stomp causes spiked roots to erupt from the ground

A million or so punches in a few seconds, cone, medium range

A psychic storm.  pbaoe, uses propel's random debris shtick.  psi/smash/lethal as just raw psi might be too strong 

Or/and

Alt animation for Vorpal, bring back the old Storm Kick animation

Widen up Cryonic's cone

• Thumbs Up 5

I think that alternate animations may solve some of the issues, not sure how much work would need to go into those animations though.

• Thumbs Up 2

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

If I were suggesting customization for the Judgement powers, I'd like to make the defeat animations (when being defeated by your judgement power) have various effects: like freezing them in a block of ice, causing the foes to pause in place and vanish, disintegrate into dust, become transformed into random objects (a la gravity's propel mechanic), etc.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Naraka said:

If I were suggesting customization for the Judgement powers, I'd like to make the defeat animations (when being defeated by your judgement power) have various effects: like freezing them in a block of ice, causing the foes to pause in place and vanish, disintegrate into dust, become transformed into random objects (a la gravity's propel mechanic), etc.

Some of those would really f with Warshades (and other sets that require more bodies)...

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

16 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

I love Cryonic, and the fact that it's a cone is only a surprise when I use it with my melee characters. Otherwise, stepping back enough gets the job done. The tier 4 versions have a 120 ft range, 45° arc, and 32 max target spread.

So I'm happy with that. 

Yeah every single Judgement has angles from which it’s awesome, you just have to understand how to use Cryonic and Vorpal. Cones not a problem. 

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, Zepp said:

Some of those would really f with Warshades (and other sets that require more bodies)...

I'm sure there's a work around for that. But changing the "death affects" of all of your pets being a passive effect of judgement could also be cool. Like putting the target cuffed and on their knees if you defeat them for all those "heroes". Would be cool if a bloody death effect could be an option.

2 hours ago, Coyotedancer said:

I've always thought that the "Rocks fall. Everybody dies."  power that some of the Talon bosses have would make a great basis for an Earth-oriented Judgement. 

Hells yes! Please?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Dr. Voltage said:

Or more to the incarnate system as a whole, but I know how much work that'd be.

I want fewer buttons to press as I grow older and grumpier. I'd be down for powers that are automatically on, or fire automatically under certain circumstances. As in, I die and everyone around me gets a strong heal. That sorta thing.

Oh, and I think we can all agree that Judgement would be cooler if you could summon a stampede of ghost horses. Right?

Right?

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Oklahoman said:

I want fewer buttons to press as I grow older and grumpier. I'd be down for powers that are automatically on, or fire automatically under certain circumstances. As in, I die and everyone around me gets a strong heal. That sorta thing.

Oh, and I think we can all agree that Judgement would be cooler if you could summon a stampede of ghost horses. Right?

Right?

I remember reading that the incarnate system was to go up with tiers, after Hybrid would have been another two double rungs, and then a single, and that pattern would continue as they kept developing content towards cosmic level events.  But yea, less clickies, maybe some toggles or passives.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Dr. Voltage said:

I remember reading that the incarnate system was to go up with tiers, after Hybrid would have been another two double rungs, and then a single, and that pattern would continue as they kept developing content towards cosmic level events.  But yea, less clickies, maybe some toggles or passives.

There were to be many...

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/category.html?pcat=incarnate

• Like 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

22 minutes ago, Dr. Voltage said:

There were 10 planned back on Live. Alpha, then 4 sets of doubles, and the final that I cannot remember the name of. Shutdown limited us at Hybrid.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Rudra said:

There were 10 planned back on Live. Alpha, then 4 sets of doubles, and the final that I cannot remember the name of. Shutdown limited us at Hybrid.

Ooh, that makes more sense. I know the old mids had the names, and one of them had some sort of infomation.

10 hours ago, Dr. Voltage said:

It's a dead link when I try to open it.

Okay, that's unfortunate. The link works for me, so I'll post screenshots of the names of them:

image.png.f35dfdc5b75b392a42f1041abe5a4a2e.png

image.png.edd55964dee281f7b98c98c53c80c6f1.png

When you click those names, it will list some of the power set up (as they were to be implemented in the game). For example, clicking the 'Socket' incarnate power will take you to the below list:

image.png.5a3fc4fbdb4413a5372e03fce38ff440.png

• Like 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

I agree that added animations could fit for a lot of them.  For example, Vorpal could also be just a ton of bullets fired out, and Mighty could also be "rocks fall", vines erupting, or a missile swarm.  Missiles could also possibly be an alternate for Pyronic.  Since Ionic is energy damage either way, it could also be a big ricocheting ball of plasma.  Personally, I'd also like to see some sort of spatial distortion effect as an option for Negative Energy, or maybe for Cryonic (I have a temporal Defender, and I think I went with Cryonic for the additional "freeze them in place" theme).

EDIT:  A giant storm could also work for Cryonic, or if we ever get a psychic one added.   I'm not sure what would fit with Water Blast, though. 

Edited by Menelruin

53 minutes ago, Menelruin said:

EDIT:  A giant storm could also work for Cryonic, or if we ever get a psychic one added.   I'm not sure what would fit with Water Blast, though. 

Using Cryonic or Vorpal as base: Summon Tsunami. Using Void as base: Giant Whirlpool.

• Like 1

On 4/4/2022 at 2:54 PM, Glacier Peak said:

I love Cryonic, and the fact that it's a cone is only a surprise when I use it with my melee characters. Otherwise, stepping back enough gets the job done. The tier 4 versions have a 120 ft range, 45° arc, and 32 max target spread.

So I'm happy with that. 

I'm not. Compare this to Ion and it's absolutely ridiculous. Cryonic should be AT LEAST 90° at t4.

• Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

I'm not. Compare this to Ion and it's absolutely ridiculous. Cryonic should be AT LEAST 90° at t4.

Comparing a cone attack to a goes where ever the enemies are attack doesn't work. Cones to cones. Cryonic to Vorpal. That said... Vorpal's cone is 120 feet at 120 degrees to Cryonic's 120 feet at 45 degrees. So yeah, Cryonic needs a better cone. Though Vorpal does need the character to be facing in the direction of the attack or it does not go where the player wants.

• Thumbs Up 1