VidiotMaps for Issue 24 and Beyond

So has anyone got the fix for Siren's Call being 90degrees off? or is it all still testing? This all seems confusing trying to just hunt down the one map that is wrong while I'm exploring.

Once you turn your Path to the Darkside, forever will it dominate your Fate... and you get Dental. - Dark Acolyte, Warcraft III

18 minutes ago, Sylvar Panda said:

So has anyone got the fix for Siren's Call being 90degrees off? or is it all still testing? This all seems confusing trying to just hunt down the one map that is wrong while I'm exploring.

yes here

An Ounce of Pounce is worth a Pound of Bounce.

The most recent updates are available at this link: Click here for updated maps

The May 4, 2021 game patch includes some changes to the Abandoned Sewer Network map, so I have included a new map for that zone. The Paragon City overview map was updated way back in Issue 27, page 1, so I took the opportunity to update the city overview map that is visible in the mini-map window (on the 'Zone'tab), as well as similarly updating the Rogue Isles and Praetoria overview maps.

I removed the corresponding game world texture files for the Paragon City, Rogue Isles, and Praetoria overview maps. The game world texture file for Paragon City is visible on the 'big board' as you enter the tram boarding area in any tram station. I could not find any place in the game world where the Rogue Isles or Praetoria overview maps are visible. My reasoning for removing these is that the legend text this mod adds to those overview maps has context in the mini-map, but not in the game world, so there is no reason to mod the game world texture files. Users may need to manually remove the following files to fully realize these changes:

<CoH Root Folder>\data\texture_library\MAPS\city\citymap.texture
<CoH Root Folder>\data\texture_library\P_MAPS\P_citymap.texture
<CoH Root Folder>\data\texture_library\V_MAPS\City\V_citymap.texture

Finally, the May 4 patch notes also mention changes to the Sewer Network map, but as far as I could tell the currently available VidiotMap for the Sewer Network already includes all those changes, so I saw no reason to modify the Sewer Network map.

Edited by AboveTheChemist
remove old links, re-point to new update post
  • Thanks 8

On 5/3/2021 at 1:57 AM, Pouncy said:

yes here

That's the update that turned Siren's Call 90degress off. I'm looking for the correction.

Once you turn your Path to the Darkside, forever will it dominate your Fate... and you get Dental. - Dark Acolyte, Warcraft III

On 5/5/2021 at 8:32 PM, Sylvar Panda said:

That's the update that turned Siren's Call 90degress off. I'm looking for the correction.

Siren's Call was rotated 90 degrees in Issue 27, Page 1. The updated map I provided for Siren's Call reflects this and is correct for Homecoming servers.

update link
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

SO if your Siren's call has Vanillians in NE corner and Gyro in SW you are ship shape.  If not , and you downloaded the file,  you  might have done what i did and put in the wrong folder.

• Thanks 1

An Ounce of Pounce is worth a Pound of Bounce.

On 5/6/2021 at 12:04 AM, HCortana said:

new update for this?

Hi, I believe that the most recent updates have already been provided by @AboveTheChemist as explained and linked in some of the previous replies. If you are seeing anything that is incorrect in your maps, please describe it clearly (and if you are seeing anything that is incorrect, it is probably because you have not installed the newest maps, or possibly you have placed a map in the wrong location so it is not being found by the game).

Hope that helps,

P

5 minutes ago, tidma said:

Does your map retain the badge/plaque locations of the Vidiot's map?

Each of the maps for which I have provided updates retain all VidiotMap features, including notes, giant monster spawn locations, badge/plaque locations, and other features. In each case I have provided images of both the old and new maps for comparison purposes.

With regard to the badge/plaque markers, I generally don't verify the marker location if it hasn't changed from the old map. In the case of new or relocated badges, I verify the badge location in-game prior to publishing the map. In the case of Siren's Call, since the map underwent such a drastic change, I verified the location of each marker on that map.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later
On 5/17/2021 at 1:13 PM, Derek Icelord said:

Is there an update for the tweaks to the sewer network/abandoned sewer network?

I posted an updated Abandoned Sewer Network map at this link. As far as I could tell the existing Sewer Network map already incorporates the recent changes.

• Thanks 1

Sorry if this has been flogged to death guys, but can someone please post the link to the latest May files...? My overlay suddenly stopped showing anything recently, I assume it was because of a patch & my Vidiotmaps being from last year I think. It was always flakey & didn't show icons or a legend on some maps randomly, from session to session, but now it's all disappeared completely. 😞

Game over man, game over!

On 5/18/2021 at 12:26 AM, Nostromo21 said:

can someone please post the link to the latest May files

The most recent updates are available at this link: Click here for updated maps

Although, from the issues you describe, I wonder if the problem is something other than outdated VidiotMap files.

10 hours ago, Nostromo21 said:

Sorry if this has been flogged to death guys, but can someone please post the link to the latest May files...? My overlay suddenly stopped showing anything recently, I assume it was because of a patch & my Vidiotmaps being from last year I think. It was always flakey & didn't show icons or a legend on some maps randomly, from session to session, but now it's all disappeared completely. 😞

yeah, im kinda in the same boat, been gone a while and just came back. got everything updated and redownloaded. none of the maps are showing up. not sure why though.

11 minutes ago, Menok said:

none of the maps are showing up. not sure why though.

Off the top of my head, and without better info from which to speculate, I'd guess that the maps were not installed in the correct folder. The original post has info about the correct install locations. I also list the install locations at the top of the spoilered sections for each of the maps I have updated. Or if you use CoH Modder, it should install to the correct folders as long as you point it to the correct CoH installation.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, AboveTheChemist said:

Off the top of my head, and without better info from which to speculate, I'd guess that the maps were not installed in the correct folder. The original post has info about the correct install locations. I also list the install locations at the top of the spoilered sections for each of the maps I have updated. Or if you use CoH Modder, it should install to the correct folders as long as you point it to the correct CoH installation.

i have them in the coh/data/texture_library... ill give the coh modder a shot and see what happens

3 hours ago, AboveTheChemist said:

Or if you use CoH Modder, it should install to the correct folders as long as you point it to the correct CoH installation.

Alright, so quick update... first off Thank you for the help. It is appreciated. Second, so i used the modder and it did not work at first, the map was not showing up. But that got me to thinking that i just redownloaded the new launcher and maybe that did something. And bam, sure as shit it did. It redownloaded the entire CoH file inside my original CoH file. The new data file it was pointing to was in one called homecoming.  .... the maps work now. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, krafti said:

What's the correct folder to store vidiotmaps in on macOS?

I know nothing about CoH installs on a Mac so I am afraid I can't answer that one. There are some Mac-related threads in the Help and Support forum so you might try there.

1 hour ago, krafti said:

What's the correct folder to store vidiotmaps in on macOS? I feel like I've tried all the obvious candidates with no luck. I'm missing something obvious

I lose track of comments, so I may have answered elsewhere, but check my sig on where things go.

• Like 1

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

On 5/18/2021 at 2:41 PM, AboveTheChemist said:

The link near the bottom of this post has all the files that I have updated. If you need maps for zones I have not updated, you'll need the links in the original post. Although, from the issues you describe, I wonder if the problem is something other than outdated VidiotMap files.

Thanks mate. I've re-downloaded the latest zip file & unzipped all of the contents into my game install folder under: D:\Games\Homecoming\data\texture_library\...

Restarted game, still no icons/mob ranges/etc in Steel Canyon, which has always been a problem for me. So I zone to Atlas - no probs, all there! Same with Talos, Perez, IP, all fine. But Skyway also has no overlay. Weird. 😕

On 5/19/2021 at 2:32 AM, Nostromo21 said:

still no icons/mob ranges/etc in Steel Canyon, which has always been a problem for me. So I zone to Atlas - no probs, all there! Same with Talos, Perez, IP, all fine. But Skyway also has no overlay.

Did you by chance recently switch from Tequila to the HC Launcher? Sounds like perhaps you are just missing some of the maps and may need to do a fresh re-install of all the vidiotmap updates. To see if that is the case, please have a look in (going from the directory structure you mentioned):

D:\Games\Homecoming\data\texture_library\MAPS\static

Look for two files named:

map_city_02_01.texture
map_city_02_02.texture

Those are the maps for Steel Canyon and Skyway City. If those two files are there, then I am not quite sure what the issue might be. If those two files are not there, then a fresh re-install might be the best option.

EDIT: The information below is outdated. The new method for vidiotmap installation is here: https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/37216-vidiotmaps-for-homecoming/

If you want to do a fresh re-install, I highly recommend the CoH Modder tool as the easiest route. The mod you want is called VidiotMaps I26 (see this post for current version number).

If you prefer manual re-install, here's how:

Spoiler

These need to be done in order from oldest to newest, to ensure that newer maps are not overwritten by older maps.

note outdated info

23 hours ago, AboveTheChemist said:

Did you by chance recently switch from Tequila to the HC Launcher? Sounds like perhaps you are just missing some of the maps and may need to do a fresh re-install of all the vidiotmap updates. To see if that is the case, please have a look in (going from the directory structure you mentioned):

D:\Games\Homecoming\data\texture_library\MAPS\static

Look for two files named:

map_city_02_01.texture
map_city_02_02.texture

Those are the maps for Steel Canyon and Skyway City. If those two files are there, then I am not quite sure what the issue might be. If those two files are not there, then a fresh re-install might be the best option.

If you want to do a fresh re-install, I highly recommend the CoH Modder tool as the easiest route. The mod you want is called VidiotMaps I26 (v8).

If you prefer manual re-install, here's how:

Hide contents

These need to be done in order from oldest to newest, to ensure that newer maps are not overwritten by older maps.

Bingo! I have only these files in that folder:

map_city_01_01.texture
map_city_01_02.texture
map_city_01_05.texture
map_city_02_04.texture
map_city_02_05.texture
map_city_03_01.texture
map_city_03_02.texture
map_city_03_04.texture
map_city_04_02.texture
map_city_05_03.texture
map_hazard_01_01.texture
map_hazard_02_01.texture
map_hazard_03_01.texture
map_hazard_04_01.texture
map_IOM_FB_Outbreak.texture
map_trial_01_01.texture
map_trial_02_01.texture
map_trial_05_01.texture
map_War_05_01.texture

So yeah, I'm missing some. How, only the Gods of Atlantis know!

Thanks heaps mate, off to download & install CoH Modder tool I go! 🙂

• Like 1