The 'Share your awesome bios' Thread!

GamerKate

Remade one of my 2012 favorite bios.  This one is a little longer than the ones I usually make.

JcpOTOp.png

• Like 2
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

Remade one of my 2012 favorite bios.  This one is a little longer than the ones I usually make.

JcpOTOp.png

"Half A Horse" travel power when?

As a Scrapper main I eat a steady diet of crayons and glue to keep my wits sharp and my reflexes honed.

Sorry, I have to point out a few errors. Maybe you don't plan to remake this character, but I feel you should know.

Character's name should be "Main de la Mort" as "mort" is a noun and "morte" is a feminine adjective.

As for the battlecry, I'm sorry to inform you that it makes little sense in French. Maybe "Les ténèbres t'attendent" would fit better. Darkness in French is always plural, so the verb should also reflect the plurality. There's also the matter of the person/people it's destined to. If the battlecry is destined to more than one person, or if you want to use the formal form of "tu", it should be "vous" instead. "Les ténèbres vous attendent".

Anyway, enough with the French lessons :P

I'll make a note to have a word with Monsieur Google Translate. ;)

Edit: I'll have to check, but the game also has a limited number of characters for each field, so there's a good chance that came into play when originally created (loooooong ago). :p

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

Baronness Munchhausen and Starslammer are fantastic :D

Chrono Dunk! If only we could custom name our powers...

MCM

Customizing powers eh?

hqdefault.jpg

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

Should probably contribute instead of shitfunposting all the time.

Back when Ouro was new people were making Menders and I wasn't much of an exception.  Got an idea, ran with it, kind of lost interest around level 22 or so.  Judging from the power icon colors and the UI she was a Mind/Elec Dom (really, past me?) but currently she's my best idea for that Elec/Kin Controller, so I guess I'm deferring to the thread's judgement on whether she's worth recreating or not with all instances of "Recluse" replaced with "Coming Storm."  Ignore the "RP" in the bio; upon reflection she'd be an interesting character to write maybe once or twice, but not to RP as because there's not much you can do with her.

FtmrJDm.png

• Like 1

As a Scrapper main I eat a steady diet of crayons and glue to keep my wits sharp and my reflexes honed.

"Half A Horse" travel power when?

captain-america.gif

re0jlWn.jpg

I am so jealoys of the fact that you thought of this first.  Macte virtute!

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

Should probably contribute instead of shitfunposting all the time.

Back when Ouro was new people were making Menders and I wasn't much of an exception.  Got an idea, ran with it, kind of lost interest around level 22 or so.  Judging from the power icon colors and the UI she was a Mind/Elec Dom (really, past me?) but currently she's my best idea for that Elec/Kin Controller, so I guess I'm deferring to the thread's judgement on whether she's worth recreating or not with all instances of "Recluse" replaced with "Coming Storm."  Ignore the "RP" in the bio; upon reflection she'd be an interesting character to write maybe once or twice, but not to RP as because there's not much you can do with her.

FtmrJDm.png

Love the ethical calculus concept. I really like the bio, although the last bit makes it seem as though she just has a list of people to go murder and that will somehow cause Lord Recluse to fail. If that is the case (eg she murders someone who then doesn’t deliver a box of ammo to an Arachnos base and an Arachnos plot fails. Repeat x 100,000) then maybe you could make it clearer? Initially I thought she could see the various missions ahead and noted that a side effect was lots of mobs dying. If that’s more what it is, maybe clarify that too.

MCM

Love the ethical calculus concept. I really like the bio, although the last bit makes it seem as though she just has a list of people to go murder and that will somehow cause Lord Recluse to fail. If that is the case (eg she murders someone who then doesn’t deliver a box of ammo to an Arachnos base and an Arachnos plot fails. Repeat x 100,000) then maybe you could make it clearer? Initially I thought she could see the various missions ahead and noted that a side effect was lots of mobs dying. If that’s more what it is, maybe clarify that too.

MCM

It's a bit more complex than just "kill an ammo carrier."  Let's say that there's a very powerful hero who stood toe-to-toe with an army of Recluse's perfected Arachnoid soldiers in the final showdown and won.  He gained his powers through scientific inquiry.  He became a scientist because of a deep-seated need to have answers in a world that often didn't have them.  He developed this need after his parents - simple middle-class civilians who did no harm to anyone - were tragically killed in a car crash when he was a child.  Their deaths were not an accident, and they were far from the first.

The part where she mentions loved ones and innocents isn't just for show: Human life only has value to her insofar as it's part of a widespread cost-benefit analysis across a span of hundreds of years.  This also extends to saving lives: Gorejaw the Decimator might be a mass murderer who killed several heroes, but his child will go on to do great things, and his birth is still quite a ways off.

(It's actually kind of funny in a "makes you think" sense because I can't for the life of me make a serious edgelord character and yet I have this absolute abomination of a human being.)

Greetings everyone, absolutely delighted here to read everyone's bios, they go from epic to hilarious, allow me to dare and share my own,  to avoid cluttering this thread and because of the peculiarities of my character, I took the liberty to make a separate post, which includes pics, please be so kind to check it at:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/index.php/topic,4660.0.html

Σαυτὸν ἀρίθμησον πρότερον καὶ γνῶθι σεαυτόν,

καὶ τότ᾽ ἀριθμήσεις γαῖαν ἀπειρεσίην.

May I present Tarquin Wilde, my Kin Melee/Nin Stalker!

qxbxuap.jpg

He's another awesome character to review MA missions in character with, I cant wait to get him back up to the mid-game :D

MCM

Ha!  I remember him from before shut-down!  I dunno why but that bit about gingham has stuck in my head all this time. 

• Like 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

MCM

It's a bit more complex than just "kill an ammo carrier."  Let's say that there's a very powerful hero who stood toe-to-toe with an army of Recluse's perfected Arachnoid soldiers in the final showdown and won.  He gained his powers through scientific inquiry.  He became a scientist because of a deep-seated need to have answers in a world that often didn't have them.  He developed this need after his parents - simple middle-class civilians who did no harm to anyone - were tragically killed in a car crash when he was a child.  Their deaths were not an accident, and they were far from the first.

The part where she mentions loved ones and innocents isn't just for show: Human life only has value to her insofar as it's part of a widespread cost-benefit analysis across a span of hundreds of years.  This also extends to saving lives: Gorejaw the Decimator might be a mass murderer who killed several heroes, but his child will go on to do great things, and his birth is still quite a ways off.

(It's actually kind of funny in a "makes you think" sense because I can't for the life of me make a serious edgelord character and yet I have this absolute abomination of a human being.)

I get the method he uses to tweak history, and it’s cool, but I’m not sure it is made clear enough in your bio. It’s only explained in that ‘for those to heed the call, hundreds...’ sentence.

MCM

I get the method he uses to tweak history, and it’s cool, but I’m not sure it is made clear enough in your bio. It’s only explained in that ‘for those to heed the call, hundreds...’ sentence.

MCM

Fair.  I'd rather err on the side of subtlety, for good or ill (mostly ill, but that hasn't stopped me).  The idea is that people hit the phrase "innocents must die" and kind of get that something really off is up.  Good to have a second set of eyes go over something though, so thank you.

These are the bios that I had a lot of enforced editing practice to keep within the word limit:

Tinker Toyah, Bots/Time Mastermind:

RKXpADU.jpg

Hotwired, Electric/Fire Brute (a re-imagining of my Fire/Electric Blaster Hotwire from the old days, and I know it's early but so far I'm LOVING this version so much):

4hv3N5X.jpg

Totally Radiculous, Rad/Bio Brute, her bio is humorous (of course it is with a name like hers!) but the 'serious' story behind it is far far too long for a bio:

QgAKtxM.jpg

I love the bio system in this game so much, I'm always checking to see if people around me have written one. I love reading them, thanks everyone for sharing- whether serious or silly, I appreciate it!

• Like 1

Let's see if the copy-and-paste doesn't destroy the Unicode.

Brigadyr, a Bots/Dark Mastermind.  eJstQh5.png

Калибрование…

Один…

Два…

Три…

Базовые системы онлайн.

Чек памяти… Переданный.

Кодовые модули… Нагруженный.

Просмотр окружающей среды…

Угрозы: Ноль.

Эксплуатационный БРИГАДИР.

A crate buried in the depths of a dusty, forgotten warehouse is a lonely thing to wake up in. Even when you're a robot. БРИГАДИР ('Taskmaster') was the prototype for a robotic officer, the director for a squad — or a platoon or company — of robotic infantrymen. But the Soviet researchers had built better than they knew. The Ministry of Defense wanted a soulless combat manager that would direct equally-soulless shock troops into frontal assaults with no consideration for casualties; what they got was a cybernetic Napoleon critiquing the tactical failings of the officers who tried to order him into action. When he decided the orders he'd gotten were practical, he could carry them out flawlessly. When given orders he decided were ill-conceived, he would as often as not completely disregard those orders and undertake a different objective, or at best disregard the battle plan he was given and implement his own. Finally, it was decided the problem was fundamental to БРИГАДИР's design, and he was deactivated, crated up, stuck in a warehouse, and forgotten... where he was lost for more than a decade, until, during an earthquake, an automatic threat sensor restarted his systems.

There is another six and a half pages of background that I added over time, hung up on completion mostly because I can't write a fight scene for crap, but the remainder of the original bio (before being cropped to the space available, and before I started expanding on it) I'd written for the character in its villain incarnation (morality shifts being a thing of the future when City of Villains was released) went as follows:

Breaking into the facility of a major shipping company, БРИГАДИР crated up his subordinate robots, then himself, with shipping tags sending them to a holding dock in the United States. But the increased tensions in the post-9/11 world threw him a curve; his shipping container was opened and searched. Activated by the opening of the shipping container, his subordinate drones gave him sufficient covering fire for him to escape... until run to ground by a pair of heroes and incapacitated. After a flurry of buckpassing (and intervention by the ACLU), Homeland Security decided БРИГАДИР wasn't an object, and couldn’t be destroyed out of hand. Failing any better solution, he was shipped off to the facility best suited for holding individuals with the types of abilities he exhibited -- Zigursky Prison in Paragon City -- until Arachnos blew the facility open, taking thousands of incarcerated villains out of the prison. The other inmates had never properly understood his designation, so he gave up and accepted that people would call him 'Brigadyr' -- at least, until they were brought under proper direction.

Reclaiming his communications module and his surviving drone, he completed the tasks set by the Arachnos operatives to prove that he met their qualifications for extraction. The other inmates had never properly understood his designation; he had finally given up and accepted that people would call him 'Brigadyr' -- at least, until this sample of the dregs of society feared to address him at all. «Этот 'Арахнос' - - мощный. Но это имеет те же самые внутренние конфликты, которые подрывают человеческое общество. Я должен быть терпеливым.» A tactical subroutine intruded. «Нет -- по-английский.» His ruminations shifted smoothly to English.

«Arachnos will provide support -- as long as we continue to prove ourselves worth supporting. Hah. Sound tactics. "Скройте ваших друзей, но ваших врагов ближе." With them tied to his logistics train, this Lord Recluse can observe all those he has brought out of this 'Ziggurat'. He will be able to determine which ones are worthless, which ones he can use, and which ones will become a threat to him; the Rogue Isles are the crucible where the dross will be burned away. Well, then... 'beware of a quiet dog and still water'... I will take your aid, and your direction, so long as I can do so safely. But you will find that TASKMASTER is not your muzhik

Edited by srmalloy
Fixing markup
  • Like 1

For the Desk Jockey, Arbiter Arachnos Soldier:

Oh god what am I doing out here I'm not a soldier I do *paperwork* for Christ's sake I went to school for accounting and business management they recruited me to handle financial records for building materials I don't know how to use a gun there's *criminals* out here I keep trying to tell them that there's been a mistake but they say it's fine but this isn't what I was hired for and

Oh.

Oh no.

That one is looking at me.

Please stop looking at me please stop please go away go away go away go away