The 'Share your awesome bios' Thread!

GamerKate

My name is Violet, and I was born into a world you may not understand.  The world... of 2005!

So during the course of my time in City of Heroes I collected a bunch of bios from people that struck my fancy, for good or for bad, and resolved to crop and upload them someplace at a future time.  This was back in 2005, mind you, and I'm only getting around to doing it now.  Better late than never.  The strangest part is that according to the resolution of the screenshots I played the game in 1024 x 768.  What is this, a city for ANTS?

When I went to get this guy's global name my computer crashed.  He's good.

I6AgWs8.png

This is the canon explanation for Baumton, the Homecoming devs said so, don't bother asking them.

IM7Zr3b.png

Yes, I realize this character concept and backstory is a dime a dozen these days, but it was fairly uncommon back in 2005, okay?

6wl5ovx.png

He's done good work.  Very mild jacket weather.  It's nice.

xoKBo36.png

I can't believe Ultima Volta predicted the current state of the Pride movement nearly a decade and a half ago.

W49DbFL.png

The weirdest part is that he's legitimately more interesting than at least half the canon heroes in the game.

Wy6Knby.png

The sensational spelling of the name is a big part, but the bio abruptly ending is really what makes it.

Rm16oAE.png

This is how we got new recipes before Food Network existed.

9qimI6e.png

As a Scrapper main I eat a steady diet of crayons and glue to keep my wits sharp and my reflexes honed.

• 2 weeks later

A masterpiece in i23.  Still a masterpiece today:

FuFZUQq.jpg

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

"At last," said Milo Roy the Human Paladin, "we have found the mostly secret hidden lair of the evil Witch-King of Upper Lower FayRune!"  He said gesturing at the fancy carved rock cave entrance 

"Are you sure it’s not the Witch-King of Lower Upper FayRune," asked Banazir Galasbor, the Halfling Archer? "I mean, one evil Witch-Kings lair looks pretty much like any other."

"Acht," spat Kozmic Axe, the burly Dwarven Knight. "The Evil Witch-King of Lower Upper FayRune was killed two months ago, last Thursday, by Larry Spikehands merry band of adventuring folks."

"That bunch of two-bit losers and hacks," asked Spellshooter the Half Elf Mage? "I thought they were in the middle of the great big barren, still traveling in circles?"

"Aye the very ones, " replied Treehugger the Elf Druid. "Although I last heard that they were seen in the Jungles of Lost Trails.” He nodded, “Of course that information is six months old."

"I heard that Larry Spikehands, finally got his hands back," said Brother Tall the half-giant Monk. "It must have made life really interesting, having 2 spikes instead of hands."

"I had heard that too," piped in Fred Cross the Human cleric. "Can you imagine what it must be like trying to take a p-."

"Will you all keep it down," interrupted Milo. "We don’t want the witch king to know we are here."

"It is far too late to worry about that little fact," hissed the evil Witch King of Upper Lower  FayRune. "At last, I meet the merry band of Larry Spikehands, and soon I will send them to their Doooooommm!"

"Hey, we are Turners Troopers," interrupted Treehugger. “Not Larry Spikehands Smashers.”

"Whatever" continued the Witch-King, making a dismissive wave gesture.  "As I was saying at last, I get to meet the intrepid adventurers' band known as Turners Troublemakers, and send them to their Dooooooommm!"

"Turners Troopers," growled Kozmic Axe. The cloaked and hooded evil one glared at the dwarf, who just shrugged and looking away, reached behind him for one of his handy throwing axes.

"Anyway," hissed the evil Witch-King, "whatever you call yourselves, you are about to meet a fate worse than death, A doom worse than despair, an end to end all ends. But first I have a question for you?"

"How we found a map that leads us to your mostly secret hidden evil lair," asked the Paladin?

"No. I assure I paid well to advertise my location in Kozmos Guide to secret Lairs and their affordable interiors,” Stated the Witch-King.

"You want to know why we are here to kill you, thereby taking revenge for all the wrongs you have committed, over the last several decades, having been hired by all of the wronged churches that you have stolen from in the area?" asked the Cleric.

"No," said the Witch-King waving his hand dismissively.

"How President Trump got elected," asked Kozmic Axe?

"Definitely not," hissed the evil one of vile darkness, shuddering inside of his cloak.

"What, then, do you want to know" asked spellshooter?

"Why are you all called Turners Troopers, when no one in your group is named Turner?"

The group stood there stunned into silence, just staring at each other when suddenly an arrow flew towards the Witch-King and bounced of an invisible shield of magic.

"Drats," said Banazir Galasbor, "I was hoping to get in a sneak shot for extra damage. I am definitely within 30 feet."

"Bru ha ha, ha, no one gets the drop on the Mighty Witch-King of Lower Upper FayRune," laughed the evil one.

"Witch-King of Upper Lower FayRune, you mean," corrected the Paladin.

"What?"

"Witch-King of Upper Lower FayRune, you said, Mighty Witch-King of Lower Upper FayRune," corrected Milo "You’re the Mighty Witch-King of Upper Lower FayRune.

"Huhh, yeah, right I’m the Mighty Witch-King of Upper Lower FayRune, not to be confused with that two-bit hack from lower Upper FayRune, who calls himself my Brother from another mother. 

thanks, where was I?"

"No one gets the drop," suggested Treehugger.

"Right! No one gets the drop." Suddenly a hand axe bounced off the magic shield, and fell to ground with a clatter.  "Oh never mind," The powerful Witch-King (of Upper Lower FayRune)  made a grand sweeping gesture and that was the last thing both Banazir Galasbor and Kozmic Axe remembered before they woke up in a mostly empty parking lot in Atlas park in beautiful Paragon City.

Edited by Banazirgalasbor

So here's one from me, some may know part of the story...

spacer.png

He was a bit rubbish to play, Rad/DP defender... Then we lost our beloved game and I was forced to move to... the other

British Hero became Doc. Britain!

spacer.png

He was equally rubbish. Can't even remeber what he was even though I played him to 6 costume unlocks... yawnorama 😞

But from the ashes... of a boredom, erm, hell, the fires of hellish boredom, there rose a hero, and his name was...

BRITMAN!

Britman002.jpg

I actually liked him, dual blades/ regen I think... Will try and recreate him.

Not so much of a bio, as a progression of an idea 🙂

Edited by Robothenri

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Um ... I think you're just inserting the links into your posts wrong.  Use the ...

Insert other media v

... button in the bottom right of your post editing WYSIWYG window.

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

7 hours ago, Redlynne said:

I think you're just inserting the links into your posts wrong.  Use the ...

Insert other media v

... button in the bottom right of your post editing WYSIWYG window.

You're absolutely right, amazing how easy it is in the light of sobreity. Many thanks 🙂

Kozmic Kat's Background

Marie lay watching the stars of the cosmos overhead, as below her the
raft drifted and rolled with the waves of the Atlantic. The quiet of the
night was shattered by the sounds (and smells) of civilization. She sat up
quickly and could see the lights of her dream at last within reach. She
grabbed her makeshift paddle and headed towards the harbor that her cat eyes
could easily pick out.
      She had made it; she had escaped the isle of the infamous Belgian
Doctor Morrow.  The so-called brilliant bio-engineer and scientist,
respected and loved by his peers, who had created her from the genetic stock
of both humans and cats. He was a vain and cruel man who had no regard for
his "creations" as anything other then just lab animals.
       She tucked in her copy of the Hero Corps pamphlet she had stolen from
Dr Morrows, lab and headed towards Atlas Park, Sebastian St John. Smythe,
and her heroic destiny, as the Kozmic Kat!

Kozmic Fires Background

Friday the 14th started out like any other day for Marie. She grabbed
her lukewarm breakfast pocket, her backpack with her schoolbooks, and jogged
down towards the bus stop on her way to the college campus. Thoroughly
engrossed in reading the latest news from the campus paper she did not see
the gasoline tanker, whose driver was having a heart attack, swerve across
the lane, barreling straight for the bus now stopping at her bus stop.  One
minute, she was reading the police beat the next she was standing amidst a
raging inferno of gas and diesel flames.
       Just when all looked to be a total disaster, she noticed that the
closest flames began to leap into her. Stunned she just watched as she
absorbed the entire inferno with out as much as burning an eyelash. Her fire
powered mutation was revealed.
       The fire department was surprised when they arrived and saw no trace
of flames, just ash and soot from burning debris. As Marie walked away a
fellow student said, "Wow totally Kozmic babe!" Thus was born the Kozmic
Fire!

Sanguine Apollyon

Illusion/Dark Controller

The root of all evil.

That’s what many claim, but Sanguine Apollyon truly embodies it. Her race, born with the creation of the universe, existed without purpose... in the beginning. When intelligence began to develop, they would descend. Not as invading force, no, their methods were much more subtle, much more insidious. Killing them off in ones or twos, by the dozens, by the hundreds was… insufficient.

What drove their desire was do insinuate their thought into the minds of others, twist their desires, inflame their hatreds until all paths lead to war. A war of ideologies, a war of empires, a war of worlds, ultimately, galactic conflagration. Civilizations that remained standing were still left with a mark upon them, a taint,

...the root of all evil.

Edited by Oubliette_Red

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

• 2 weeks later

Another entry in my 'short bio, big story' competition with myself:

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

• 2 weeks later

Got random tell complimented on this today in game while in Port Oakes, so I figured I might as well share ...

spacer.png

Yes ... once she reaches Level 24 she'll be getting a Crab Backpack that will permanently affix even MORE legs onto her costume ... even though I'm going to be playing her as a Huntswoman build using the Arachnos Rifle.  Still, there's always the Alternate Builds option for using the Backpack attacks instead of the Rifle.

• Like 2

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

• Community Rep

The scene replays relentlessly in her mind. 

It had seemed such fun when she and her sister stopped by the free Mentalist act in the park. She'd laughed as he tried to "read" her mind. She'd learned early on that she was able to keep others out of her head, handy when one's mother had some limited telepathic ability. Too late, she realized there was someone else in the man's mind. Someone dangerous. She made clumsy excuses and left with her sister. Shaken, still, she was sure the danger had passed. But, the Carnival came for her that night.

Bitter regret fills her mind, remembering. She let her sister hide her. Confidence in her big sister became horror as she watched them put a mask on Kaylee. Her eyes, now devoid of emotion, slowly turned to Karissa's hiding place.

Desperation lent strength to the psychic shockwave Karissa unleashed, but she barely escaped. Now she works for the day when she will be able to rescue her sister. 

The Masked Mystic

screenshot_190905-04-11-28.thumb.jpg.c66be07c6da19b358886ff4baa779931.jpg

Oh, that darned 1023 character limit!! There was a lot more I wanted to put in here, of course. 🙂 The "mentalist" was a scout under the control of Vanessa DeVore, looking for raw natural psychic ability; these candidates make the strongest powered Carnies, under Vanessa's psychic control, of course. Karissa can't go home again, she knows it's being watched. She has to hide, but at the same time, is determined to find and save her sister. Both Huntress and the Hunted, but I wouldn't take bets on them ever catching her! So she chose an identity where she could hide in plain sight.

I worked for a long time trying to fit as much of the story as I could in the space provided. Do you think there is any editing I can do to improve?

-Dacy

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dacy said:

It had seemed such fun when she and her sister stopped by the free Mentalist act in the park. She'd laughed as he tried to "read" her mind. She'd learned early on that she was able to keep others out of her head, handy when one's mother had some limited telepathic ability. Too late, she realized there was someone else in the man's mind. Someone dangerous. She made clumsy excuses and left with her sister. Shaken, still, she was sure the danger had passed. But, the Carnival came for her that night.

Bitter regret fills her mind, remembering. She let her sister hide her. Confidence in her big sister became horror as she watched them put a mask on Kaylee. Her eyes, now devoid of emotion, slowly turned to Karissa's hiding place.

Desperation lent strength to the psychic shockwave Karissa unleashed, but she barely escaped. Now she works for the day when she will be able to rescue her sister......................

.................. Do you think there is any editing I can do to improve?

@Dacy IKR? The character limit is the bane of a good story's existence!

As for suggestions to shorten it without losing meaning I suggest these bits below. Use or ignore them as you see fit.

The scene replays endlessly in her mind. 

It gains a you a few characters and something on endless replay is pretty relentless.

when one's mother had some limited telepathic ability.

when one's mother has a mild form of telepathy.

Gets you a few more. "Had" to "has" unless her mother lost this ability.

someone else in the man's mind.

someone else in his mind.

You already said "he" earlier with "as he tried to read" so "his" works in place of "the man's"

Shaken, still, she was sure the danger had passed. But, the Carnival came for her that night.

Once home she felt safe but that night the Carnival came for her.

Shorter and establishes that she is at home now to better set the stage for what happens next.

Bitter regret fills her mind, remembering.

Remembrance brings bitter regret.

Similar meaning, fewer calories. (Less filling, tastes great!)

She let her sister hide her.

She had let her sister hide her.

Here I would actually add a word for clarity of past tense.

Her eyes, now devoid of emotion, slowly turned to Karissa's hiding place.

Her eyes, devoid of any emotion, slowly turned towards Karissa's hiding place.

Dropped "now" and added "any" since it's still the past and now doesn't happen until the very last line.

Swapped in "towards" in place of "to" as it is more directional.

Desperation lent strength to the psychic shockwave Karissa unleashed, but she barely escaped. Now she works for the day when she will be able to rescue her sister

Desperation lent great strength to the psychic shockwave Karissa unleashed, yet she barely escaped alive. Her sole purpose now is to free her sister from the evil Carnival of Shadows!

Added "great" for more emphasis ("immense" strength would work here too), swapped in "yet" for "but" and added "alive" for more drama.

Modified the rest to add the villain group's full title, there should be enough saved characters to afford this and any other short additions you might want.

Perhaps "clutches" before or after evil or the Carnival of Shadows or something to that effect.

Anywho those were my thoughts, hope they help. Cheers! zb7XgP0P_o.png

Edited by Christopher Robin
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Like the Costume Creator? Enjoy a challenge? Love to WIN?

You really should've clicked here before 6pm on Sunday the 18th!

07K1tHnz_o.png

On 8/10/2019 at 3:58 PM, Oubliette_Red said:

Sanguine Apollyon

Illusion/Dark Controller

The root of all evil.

That’s what many claim, but Sanguine Apollyon truly embodies it. Her race, born with the creation of the universe, existed without purpose... in the beginning. When intelligence began to develop, they would descend. Not as invading force, no, their methods were much more subtle, much more insidious. Killing them off in ones or twos, by the dozens, by the hundreds was… insufficient.

What drove their desire was do insinuate their thought into the minds of others, twist their desires, inflame their hatreds until all paths lead to war. A war of ideologies, a war of empires, a war of worlds, ultimately, galactic conflagration. Civilizations that remained standing were still left with a mark upon the, a taint,

...the root of all evil.

I believe there is a rather important "M" missing from "a mark upon them, a taint." It reads a bit different without it. 😳

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

07K1tHnz_o.png

• 2 weeks later

cito-biog.JPG

• Haha 1

I created a costume in another thread that ended up not being selected, but I liked it so much that I decided to use it myself and give him a bio.

DsvoWEF.jpg

• Like 2

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

3 hours ago, Oubliette_Red said:

I created a costume in another thread that ended up not being selected, but I liked it so much that I decided to use it myself and give him a bio.

/me Remembers that thread. It was a really nice costume and I'm glad you put it to use. Love the bio you came up with to match it. zb7XgP0P_o.png

On a unrelated note... who shoved the Angel/Valkyrja down the Oubliette? rs4wmRnk_o.gif

• Like 1

07K1tHnz_o.png

15 hours ago, Christopher Robin said:

/me Remembers that thread. It was a really nice costume and I'm glad you put it to use. Love the bio you came up with to match it. zb7XgP0P_o.png

On a unrelated note... who shoved the Angel/Valkyrja down the Oubliette? rs4wmRnk_o.gif

That would have been me. lol

• Haha 1

On 9/18/2019 at 7:27 PM, Oubliette_Red said:

That would have been me. lol

Ye be wantin the ship 3 lots down the harbor lassie.... run by one Captain Obvious YARRRR!

If'n yer avatar alone didn't give the slip surely I'd have t'be three sheets to the wind

to be fergettin of yer other artz booty (:::the Bakart pieces for example:::)!

Hear me true, I be lovin a good trap door dungeon as much as the next scurvy knave

but I still be curious as t'why ye'd scuttle a perfectly good moniker?

Script that be followin t'post: That be a fine bit of fritterin Healix... heres t'hopin

the fiery birdie made that saucy wench Contessa Crey say Ahoy! to Davy Jones' Locker!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

07K1tHnz_o.png

Tyrith was a beautiful place, where powerful humanoid beings thrived under radiation from the sun. Tion and Lona Sel'em were scientists for Tirithia, a city, Tion wanted to know if the radiation from within the sun would boost their daughter's strengths and abilities. At first,  Lona seem reluctant but complied, Tala was launched into the sun but instead of burning her alive, the immense energies from the sun began flowing within the baby and she survived. Then, the empire emerged, the Tyrant wanted her to be a weapon for the war machine but; Tion, knowing what harm could come from this travasty launches  her into space. It crash-landed to earth, in New Mexico. Greg Ashland took her in as Selina Ashland, then Tala learned what it means to be human in her child and her teenage years, until she wanted to be a heroine known as Starheat.

((Full story coming soon on Virtueverse))

• Like 1

G4LOUvx.jpg

Augur-5309's mind had somehow ended up in a Clockwork body and managed to wander (or was sent) to Primal Earth. Most who encounter her are unnerved by her sunny disposition.

• Like 1