If you could customize your Mastermind minions, what would you make?

Magi 1

I know it's unlikely to happen due to the limitations of the engine, but if you had the ability to remix your minions to look different (while still having the same powersets) then how would you make them look?

For example, I'd make my Thugs look like Post-Apocalyptic raiders with the Brute being a super mutant, or Cyberpunk gangsters in neon and chrome with the brute as a cyborg. Or even make them all Orks!

Mercenaries I'd clean up to look like stormtroopers or world war 1 soldiers with gasmasks, with the Commando as an officer. Or I'd make them all look like Longbow or Sky Raiders and lead a strike team!

The Ninjas could be retooled in a lot of ways with technology or magic or even making them jedi with lightsaber katanas. Oni's tricky though...

Beasts... well, dunno what to do there. Maybe make similar-level animals? Or just a bunch of hamsters of varying size?

Demons could easily be remixed into all sorts of mystical critters or monsters, or even re-skin them as straight-up wizards and be the leader of a sorcerers' cabal.

Robots are a bit hard due to their mesh, but if that wasn't a concern there's all sorts of androids, gynoids, and other such you could have fun with.

Necromancy would be a blast just due to all the crazy undead you could make. Undead samurai, peasants, policemen... heck you could dress them up as villain gang members for extra creep factor; the low-level zombies could be Hellions or Skulls, the grave guard could be Tsoo or Warriors, and the Lich could be a Circle of Thorns or Banished Pantheon mage. Really dig in for that horror feeling!

What do you all think? What would you like to try if you could?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Easiest way is with mastermind pet customization - powers stay the same but the minions look different

Ninjas - Pirates, Sky Raiders, Knives of Artemis, ?

Thugs - Pirates, Warriors, Malta, Council, Red Caps/Fir Bolg?

Zombies - Spectral Pirates, Circle of Thorn Spectral/ghosts, Banished Pantheon, ?

Robots - Clockwork, Praetorian Clockwork, ?

Demons - Circle of Thorn Spectral/ghosts, Banished Pantheon, ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

Mercs:  females in bikinis and the largest guns available.  maybe bandoleers and such

Ninjas:  "that kid" all around, flames on casual clothing, naruto headbands, the works

Demons:  Anything smaller, like if we can get CoT demons I would use succubi for tier1, demon... demons for tier2 and whatever for tier3

Thugs:  Clowns just to silence that decade old request

Bots:  Like demons, probably adopting the praetorian victorias just to have smaller pets.  maybe some primal clockwork

Necromancy:  do something about the tier1 pets.  they are just so slow and maybe another model or animation would help them speed up somehow

Beasts: more cats

• Haha 2

Clowns because they suck.

BDSM troupe because ball gags and latex are popular in Pocket D.

Aliens lil green men aka Mars Attacks.

A group of Karen's because pissed off soccer moms are always fun.

Men in Black because anytime any government agency shows up its going to be a bad time.

• Thanks 1

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

I'd kill for the ability to give pets alternate "archetypes" as has been brought up before, but, I'd also love to be able to do what Phantom Army does with how you can replace the summons with your character model. There's a few sets this just DOESNT work for, obviously (demons, thugs, beasts...) but! If we could...

Thugs - Cops, Pirates, Clowns, the Troll enemy roster, and the Praetorian Destroyer enemy roster all strike me as nice alternative models.

Mercs - Malta, Nemesis army men, 5th Column, and Praetorian Resistance all strike me as fitting alternative models, with Praetorian Resistance being probably my *BIGGEST* wish for this set (besides a buff).

Demons - Crey, Outcasts, Circle of Thorns and the Living Spell enemies found throughout Night Ward fit the overall abilities of the summons, though some don't QUITE fit the whip...

Zombies - the various "infected" you find in Mercy Island, Praetorian Ghouls, the Vazilok enemy roster, and while I think it would take some work, the Snake enemy faction (also found on mercy island) as well as the Coralax faction could fit in here, with some careful visual reworks.

Robots - Praetorian Clockwork comes to mind immediately, Skyraider robots, Arachnos spider drones, Nemesis automatons, and the Freak roster all fits here.

Ninjas - Knives of Artemis IMMEDIATELY comes to mind, Warriors, as well as Praetorian Syndicate thugs and Knives of Vengeance

Beasts - I feel like we should have the ability to swap to other animals, there's a LOT of them in the game weirdly enough, but also, I'd like to see Redcaps as an alternative model, as well as Praetorian Ghouls, and I'd love to see Arachnoids show up here as theyre a rare sight in general.

Now, in an ideal world, MANY of these would just BE their own mastermind sets. But, it's probably a pipe dream to think we'd get new sets for MASTERMIND of all things.

I'm biased of course, since I think Mastermind would be a great platform to show some love for Goldside, barring the ability to somehow reconstitute the fabled PEATs that, as far as i've heard, never made it out of the "cool idea" phase of development. I digress though...

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Resident certified baby

For robots id go with more terminator kind of types. For demons I would mix them up, make them more humanoid looking. Undead I would mix it up, mabye ghosts, spirits, vampires, ghouls. For beasts I would go dinosaurs.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later

For Beasts the Dire Wolf being a Sabertooth Tiger or a Polar Bear. Making the Lioness into mountain lions, or male lions/tigers, then they wolves can be coyotes or lions.

For Thugs just simply all the human NPC's like RIP, Trolls, Syndicate, Warriors, Family, Destroyers. Even the Praetorian Protesters would be cool. Other than that make'em look like the Player.

• 2 weeks later
9 hours ago, tidge said:

In terms of "simple" customizations, I'd like to be able to strap guitars to the backs of my Ninjas.

Do guitars exist in the models?

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

1 hour ago, Galactiman said:

How are you guys really this oblivious to what's already out there?

Whatever.

• Haha 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

I've been squeaking for bots with windup clockwork* since the Before Times, for both MMs and Lore.  So they'd have to do some balancing work to scale it up to 50 and appropriate for minions, big deal.

It's the coolest design of any creature since, well, ever.

* Granted, why windup clockwork have electricity as their primary power, a feature of electronic robots, is unknown.  It's the most confused thing in this game since someone decided one of the two patron gods of magic would be a Grey, an old-school, Close Encounters, 1950s anal probe alien, who would be far more likely as the patriarch of science or technology, because that's their bag, baby!

Edited by Norl