Gagging the Gargoyles

Rudra

This is a minor consideration, but pretty big to me. The demon summoning set's gargoyles just don't shut up. Like ever unless there is a fight raging. If I have to turn away from the game, like to progress my 3D printer, respond to an e-mail or phone text, or deal with the other computer, the gargoyles are howling constantly. It's why I've left my demon summoning MMs abandoned. Can we please get an option to shut them up?

Yes, I can use the petsay command to put them to sleep and they will be quiet. That takes up valuable power tray space as a macro though or requires I remember how to properly use the command if I don't have it set as a macro. (And if the text notice is urgent, I can't take the time to type out the command anyway.) And unlike some players, I can't stand having a screen full of power trays obstructing the game screen. (And I'm already running plenty of macros for just the character and controlling the pets during combat. The three default macros edited for my preferences, plus having just the T1s attack the target, just the T2s attack the target, just the T3, the T2s and the T3 attack, recalling wayward pets, you get the idea. However I need to split my pets or manage them to keep combat going in my favor.)

A selfish ask, I know, but I'm asking anyways.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

I don't drop from a PUG due to Demon MMs, but that is a big reason I've never given a demon MM a try myself, yeah.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Yep Demons (which I have a set of) just need to be shut up.  I so wish there was a way to toggle pet sounds off (puppies too).  Its cute at first but soon you start dismissing them when you arent in mission.

Edited by High_Beam

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

27 minutes ago, The_Warpact said:

Hey, hey sadist there's no reason for that kind of scat abuse. 

Reminds me of a lettercol from a Marvel comic many years ago commenting on something in an earlier comic that got past the proofreaders... A reference to a device that was "programmed to shit itself off".

• Haha 3

Sorry.  Edited the correction.

• Haha 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

This sounds like the "DemonLieu_Taunt_01.ogg".

Create a silent .ogg file with that exact name and place it in:

data\sound\Ogg\DemonSummoning

@Kismet

@KlSMET - (kLsmet)

@Kismette

@Kismet Angel/@Angel of Fate/@One Kismet - on live

Heroes on Guardian/Villains on Victory

Sure. I don't even know how to make an .ogg file, but I'll just make one and hope I don't crash my game. (Which is a reason why I don't use any of the player made mods that are available. They tend to crash my game.)

4 hours ago, Kismette said:

This sounds like the "DemonLieu_Taunt_01.ogg".

Create a silent .ogg file with that exact name and place it in:

data\sound\Ogg\DemonSummoning

Just tried it and it didn't change. =(

I put mine in CoH\data\Sound\Ogg\Powers where my other sound mods are located.

2 hours ago, Six-Six said:

Just tried it and it didn't change. =(

I put mine in CoH\data\Sound\Ogg\Powers where my other sound mods are located.

not the 'powers' sub-folder within the Ogg, create another sub-folder named DemonSummoning and place it there.

Edited by Kismette
  • Thanks 2

@Kismet

@KlSMET - (kLsmet)

@Kismette

11 hours ago, Rudra said:

Sure. I don't even know how to make an .ogg file, but I'll just make one and hope I don't crash my game. (Which is a reason why I don't use any of the player made mods that are available. They tend to crash my game.)

It's been a while since I've done that one, so sorry I couldn't assist on this part.

6 hours ago, Six-Six said:

Ahh. Ok. I'll try that. thanks.

Sure thing!

@Kismet

@KlSMET - (kLsmet)

@Kismette

I could have sworn there was a .ogg for silence floating around the forum already.  I dont have it since i dont use sound mods.  I did find this toned down sounds mod though and the people were happy with the demon MM sounds being reduced.

20 minutes ago, TheZag said:

I could have sworn there was a .ogg for silence floating around the forum already.

There's one in the OP of the Silencing/Modifying specific game sounds thread, and there may be others floating about.

42 minutes ago, TheZag said:

I could have sworn there was a .ogg for silence floating around the forum already.  I dont have it since i dont use sound mods.  I did find this toned down sounds mod though and the people were happy with the demon MM sounds being reduced.

21 minutes ago, AboveTheChemist said:

There's one in the OP of the Silencing/Modifying specific game sounds thread, and there may be others floating about.

I may have come across one of those as the file I'm using is showing as created on Oct. 31, 2020.  I was actually going to attach said file from an earlier reply but, I kept having upload errors.  13.3 KB in size so its not like it was above the limit of the 4.88 MB, I'm not sure what's going on there.

@Kismet

@KlSMET - (kLsmet)

@Kismette

2 hours ago, AboveTheChemist said:

Appreciate it.  It sucks trying to search with my phone.

I actually dont have a demon MM so ill have to roll one soon and give one of those mods a try.  Several people dont like their noise but im sure several do and most probably dont care so i wouldnt expect an official change any time soon. 

I'd like to enjoy playing my demon MMs... please provide relevant file and installation instructions. I'll take the chance with the crash as long as it is easily removed so I won't have to uninstall and re-install to recover.

6 hours ago, Rudra said:

I'd like to enjoy playing my demon MMs... please provide relevant file and installation instructions. I'll take the chance with the crash as long as it is easily removed so I won't have to uninstall and re-install to recover.

i sent you a message with the needed file from Bernard The Beast's Mod.   It isnt silent though,  just toned down.  ill shoot you another with a silent one and you can pick what you want

It may be toned down, but they aren't howling. At all. Which is fine with me. Thanks.

Edit: Which is funny because they still do the howling animation, they just make no sounds. 🤣

Edited by Rudra
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later
On 8/10/2022 at 7:47 PM, TheZag said:

i sent you a message with the needed file from Bernard The Beast's Mod.   It isnt silent though,  just toned down.  ill shoot you another with a silent one and you can pick what you want

On 8/10/2022 at 7:52 PM, Rudra said:

It may be toned down, but they aren't howling. At all. Which is fine with me. Thanks.

Edit: Which is funny because they still do the howling animation, they just make no sounds. 🤣

Well golly, this is some delightful stuff! Glad y'all found my mod and are making use of it! The howling is definitely what turned me off to Demons for a bit, I have a macro that I spam every ten seconds that tells them to do a standing animation that doesn't trigger any "vocal" sounds (sounds are tied to animation, so if your demons adopt a Emote stance or loop of any kind, it'll cancel the voices/howling).

Meanwhile, though I'd love to keep doing modding work, I don't always got the time these days. I'd say if anyone wants to cannibalize my mod to make their own pack with reduced sounds or whatnot, feel free! My goal was always to enjoy, and see other folks enjoy CoH as much as possible. If anything I've done can contribute, then that's even more awesome.

• Thumbs Up 1

Roleplayer of Brutes, Beasts, Monsters and Men

► Casual, Chill, Empathetic, Enthusiastic, Relaxed ◄