AE Farms -vs- Account Locked Rewards

Troo

While I have no problem with leveling up character by any means necessary (within the ToS) there could be some room to curb some bad behavior.

Time locks on rewards and/or some conversion has been discussed. Removing reward conversions has been discussed.

Should Incarnate salvage and rewards be transferable between characters?

Should Incarnate salvage and rewards be transferable between accounts?

I think I would trade Incarnate salvage/threads/shards being transferable between characters FOR any Incarnate items being transferable between accounts.

Thoughts?

• Thumbs Down 2

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

1 minute ago, MoonSheep said:

i can’t take another AE thread, troo

It's okay to chime in with an opinion and walk away. This is a safe place. 🙂

I'll put you down for Yes, and No for transfers between accounts.

• Like 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

I'd say transfer is just fine between characters... Threads, shards, iBits, and all that. We can already transfer Emps that way, so why not? 

I wouldn't really be for transferring between accounts. It just seems to me that iToys are one of those things that are better done just for yourself, if that makes any sense? Being able to hand bits to your own characters that may not be suited to DA doesn't seem odd to me, but for some reason buying your iBits on the auction house or getting tossed a bunch of Emps by an SG-mate does, 

That may not be a very logical distinction, but... yeah. Opinions don't always have to be. 

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

6 minutes ago, Coyotedancer said:

if that makes any sense?

I think it does. Adding some i-salvage transfer abilities between characters would be beneficial.

Even after staring at the option to do so many a time, I had to be reminded that one could convert emps to reward merits because I had never done it. When reminded, my first response was, "well that's dumb and should be removed." Lo and behold...

Leave 'em account locked. Leave 'em in AE because XP/iLevels/Unlocks should happen regardless of where the XP comes from. Keep on with the removal of the emps to reward conversion.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

It would be useful to be able to send along the iBits at least, I think.... 

As I've said before, the characters I take through DA for their iToys often end up with piles of spare Common and Uncommon bits accumulated while they're trying to get their Rares and Very Rares. They aren't much use to those characters after a certain point. If I could send them on to the next alt? That would be a Good Thing.  

And yes. Vet levels and the level grants should remain in AE. Not every character is suitable for the DA grind and not all of us are able to do iTrials. Time zones are A Thing. 

Edited by Coyotedancer
  • Thanks 1

I just wanna be able to pass my unused Threads to my alts. Preferably in a bundle. To me that seems a lot simpler than passing the salvage itself because not every toon will need the same salvage.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

2 minutes ago, Spaghetti Betty said:

I just wanna be able to pass my unused Threads to my alts. Preferably in a bundle. To me that seems a lot simpler than passing the salvage itself because not every toon will need the same salvage.

Aye. So as a balance point to removing the emps to reward merits conversion, the devs should add a threads to emp conversion.

Edited by Bill Z Bubba
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

15 minutes ago, Spaghetti Betty said:

So a player could breakdown salvage to threads and then transfer accepting some loss in the breakdown. This makes sense,

13 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Aye. So as a balance point to removing the emps to reward merits conversion, the devs should add a threads to emp conversion.

I good with straight threads transfer. Threads to Emps would be cherry on top and/or maybe too good for creating rares, v-rares.

Definitely could close the Emp to RMs to $$ account transfer.

Edited by Troo

1 hour ago, Troo said:

Should Incarnate salvage and rewards be transferable between characters?

Should Incarnate salvage and rewards be transferable between accounts?

I have no strong opinion on the first question.

On the second, I say absolutely not since that would facilitate gold farmers / RMT.

• Thanks 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

9 minutes ago, arcane said:

Do you mind if we use this thread as another 👎 farm?

I would like to get some folks thoughts before having it locked. There might be a good specific suggestion that comes from a general discussion.

AE having additional rewards added on Homecoming has created the need to adjust rewards beyond AE.

Maybe that's not the best route.

Edited by Troo

I'm not so sure I agree that "changes are needed", honestly.

Not beyond killing the EMP-to-Merit highway, anyway...

I still think the level grants are one of the very best things added to the game. Removing or reducing them would be a bad move. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Krimson said:

I mean there's that too. At any time, NCSoft can decide this little experiment is over.

I don't really think they could stop it at this point. Cat's out of the bag. Even I have the code to crank up an instance. Would be nice if HC would share their code every time they do an update, of course...

• Thumbs Up 3

2 hours ago, Coyotedancer said:

for some reason buying your iBits on the auction house or getting tossed a bunch of Emps by an SG-mate does,

I better start working on that “/em iBitspanhandle”

• Haha 2

My opinion:  no and no.

I don't think it would directly affect my gameplay one way or another, but the idea of becoming a godlike character because your fire brute farmed them to godhood (or even worse, *someone else's fire brute*) makes the entire experience worthless in my eyes.  If your character is so shitty that it cannot earn incarnate status on its own, then the problem isn't with the character in my opinion.

• Thumbs Up 1

Who run Bartertown?

4 minutes ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

My opinion:  no and no.

I don't think it would directly affect my gameplay one way or another, but the idea of becoming a godlike character because your fire brute farmed them to godhood (or even worse, *someone else's fire brute*) makes the entire experience worthless in my eyes.  If your character is so shitty that it cannot earn incarnate status on its own, then the problem isn't with the character in my opinion.

There's a difference between "shitty" and just tedious. Darn near anything *can* solo Heather's arc at -1 with the bosses off. but that doesn't mean it's a fun time. Especially not as many arcs as you have to run to equip a character, even with the level grants. 

I've run a few low-damage defenders and controllers through DA for all of their toys. After awhile I was rooting for Mot to swallow the place. 😝 

• Thumbs Up 1

54 minutes ago, Krimson said:

Either way, no one will notice.

HEY!

HEY!

This Forever Praetorian will notice!

• Haha 1

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

43 minutes ago, Krimson said:

We've never even met in game. People only notice me if I happen to be fighting a Giant Monster and winning, because it interferes with their merit farming. 😄

Well, true!  MY fault for being on a different shard in a different time zone! But I pay heed to the handful of Forever Praetorians out there.  Ya'll are kin!

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

Kameron is at Vet 67 at the moment.  Being able to do Incarnate Trials has helped with that!  Here she is in her Powers Division dress uniform hanging out with Disconnect. (I did hit 50 back in 2020 though.  It was lonely then I can tell you!)

Edited by Darmian

7 hours ago, arcane said:

Do you mind if we use this thread as another 👎 farm?

If we share our opinions enough, the trolls will sniff us out and it will turn into another 👎 farm the natural way.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Find me on Everlasting or Indom as:
Marbing (Psi/Rad Corruptor), Fortunata Moon (Fortunata Widow), Dynanight (Fire/DM Tank), Timesync (Elec/Time Corruptor), Static Sparrow (Elec/TA Controller), Cryo Punk (Ice/Cold Controller), Chamelea (SJ/Bio Stalker)Sword Fist (Claws/SR Scrapper), Mangusuu (DP/Nin Blaster), Blink Shot (Beam/Martial Blaster), Ratchet Dog (Beam/Traps Corruptor), Phonoalgia (Pain/Sonic Defender), Powered (FF/Energy Defender), Nullpunkt (Rad/Kin Corruptor), Black Fate (Fire/Therm Corruptor), Mirror Mage (Ill/Dark Controller),Gravoc (Gravity/Energy Dominator), Mind Pyre (Fire/Psi Dominator), Nettlethorn (Plant/Thorn Dominator), Boggle Blade (Psi/Invuln Stalker), Kelvin White (Ice/Regen Stalker), Dead Haze (Katana/DA Scrapper), Echo Boom (Sonic/EM Blaster), Ceyko (Archery/Time Blaster), Sleep Doctor (Mind/Poison Controller)Nachteule (DP/Dark Corruptor)Fulgrax (Axe/Elec Armor Scrapper)Void Knife (DB/Ice Stalker)Tryptophan Zombie (Mind/Kin Controller)Indo Manata (WP/Staff Tank), Masuku (Claws/WP Stalker)Blackbright (Rad/Energy Sentinel), Bedlam Bane (Sonic/Poison Corruptor), Helena Black (Necro/EA Mastermind), Boom Ranger (Sonic/TA Corruptor), Grave Sentinel (FF/Dark Defender), Dead-Life (DM/Regen Brute), Red Gloom (Dark/Pain Corruptor), Marble Marbina (Thugs/FF Mastermind)