Sins of the Devs are visited upon the players

The_Warpact

1 hour ago, Glacier Peak said:

That's the highest tier cosmetic reward, not the best example for your response to Luminara. And you know there is a market option to complement the manual earning through content since you've read through this thread and responded. It seems a bit disingenuous to imply otherwise. 

It's also the one cosmetic reward that may be most desired by many RPers and casuals.  It's something that has been requested for some time, and locking it behind such content is disappointing to say the least.  As you've been around these forums for some time and seem to poke into everything, I expect you know that, and ignoring it seems a bit disingenuous.

Besides, I thought you and I had an agreement not to respond to each other's posts? (you're blocking direct messages)

Edited by Blackbird71
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Just now, Glacier Peak said:

Solid series! The artwork was nuts! Loved the chronological shift and the 'realism' of the series too.

Yeah, I have no doubt with rl events as they are it would be a very feasible storyline, if supers existed in our world.

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

1 hour ago, Glacier Peak said:

That's the highest tier cosmetic reward, not the best example for your response to Luminara. And you know there is a market option to complement the manual earning through content since you've read through this thread and responded. It seems a bit disingenuous to imply otherwise. 

How many people have 15 billion INF to throw at it? (That's assuming the MiniMe stays at 1500 PAPs and the market price settles around 10m per-)

• Like 1

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

Just now, Coyotedancer said:

How many people have 15 billion INF to throw at it? (That's assuming the MiniMe stays at 1500 PAPs and the market price settles around 10m per-)

Couldn't tell you - I do know that I can unlock it in less than 5 minutes for free by jumping on the the Beta Shard though. If folks want something, they will earn it. If not, they can play on the Beta shard where everything is free and instant gratification is abound!

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

I suspect more will just say to hell with it and go back to whatever they were doing, writing the whole system off.

ETA: And for the record, shameless and frequent farmer or not... I have far less than that. I have a little under 2b at the moment, and three characters (Archie, Chujak and Aris) who will need a good chunk of that for their builds at some not-too-far-in-the-future point. I may farm up the INF to get the MiniMe for my cat-girl, but I'm not looking forward to it, and won't be leveling or equiping any new alts while I'm doing it. 

Edited by Coyotedancer

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

4 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

Well, that is between the player and the game.  I'm sure you have many things in real life you want but cannot afford.  I know I do.  I seriously hope you aren't thinking of quitting that game.

Hell yea. Been planned for ages. Only 25 years to go!

2 hours ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

This is a Super Hero game. Not a farm simulator. Can we all just admit that the primary purpose behind this game is to be a Super Hero and fight bad guys?

Now, that being said, I am glad that there are other things to do in CoH other than just beat up bad guys 24/7. But since farming is still the fastest and easiest way to make money in this game it's hard to take any complaints about the devs making farming difficult seriously.

Cmon, I think you know better than this. 

I agree with you. It is a superhero game. My goal in playing it is to play a super hero or super villain. The problem, as anyone who is paying attention knows, is that this game is almost 20 years old. The content I enjoy playing is 50+. I, like many people, don't want to have to slog through that leveling process for the umpteenth time just to get to do the trials and whatever content I actually want to do. 

Fortunately, I can farm a character to 50 in a few hours. But despite what some idiot told me last month, I did not make around 1 billion inf during that process. I made around 100 million. So there's still some work I have to do just to get my new character enhanced. I have to farm more, or run a bunch of content on other characters or start some money making scheme on the market. All of this other activity just as preparation for the character I actually want to play. Which will then need to do accolades, incarnates, etc. 

I'm not asking the devs to change that. I'm not complaining about it in order to get it easier. Just don't make it fucking worse. Especially when all these people are crawling out of the woodwork crowing about how easy it is to make money on the market. And then telling you to look for another game if you don't want to take their advice.

• Thumbs Up 5

1 hour ago, Krimson said:

Veracor probably. Maybe Oklahoman. A few Marketers. If I sold everything I have, maybe... But... That's like 25 hours of intense farming. No costume is worth that.

Lol I'm not paying influence for these.  Hard mode and iTrials are fun!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

@Veracor - Veracor, Bio/TW Tanker on Everlasting.

Everlasting raid leader, Hamidon main tank, iTrial main tank -- hit me up if you have questions!

5 hours ago, battlewraith said:

Exactly the sort of crap that I play a game to avoid doing. 

If you don't enjoy doing it, don't do it.

If it makes the CoH unplayable, then you should have been been here before the market was part of the game.

I think it would be better worth your time to find a game that you enjoy playing than spending time complaining here.

I have the feeling that you are complaining because you really enjoy playing the game, but that brings me to a question ... do you AE doorsit to 50?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

25 minutes ago, battlewraith said:

Cmon, I think you know better than this.

No, I don't. I stand by what I said.

This is a Superhero/Supervillain game. Not Farm Simulator. I don't know if the devs should nerf farming or not, but then I don't have access to the game economic data like they do.

I think it's clear that they're going to nerf farming hard at some point. When they do, they'll ignore your complaints just like they ignored the complaints others had about: 1) Adding a weird combo mechanic to Energy Melee, 2) Adding a weird combo mechanic to Sorcery Pool, 3) Removing the base teleport macro, 4) Nerfing Rune of Protection. And I'm sure there's plenty of others that I can't remember right now.

This has been The Council of Thirteen's MO since they started releasing updates.

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

1 hour ago, UltraAlt said:

If you don't enjoy doing it, don't do it.

If it makes the CoH unplayable, then you should have been been here before the market was part of the game.

I think it would be better worth your time to find a game that you enjoy playing than spending time complaining here.

I have the feeling that you are complaining because you really enjoy playing the game, but that brings me to a question ... do you AE doorsit to 50?

I was playing before the market was a thing. Which makes this notion of the market as the essential thing pretty stupid.

I think if you are at all invested in the game, it's worth giving negative feedback if things go south. And I think in a way it becomes more important when people in the community start pointing to the door rather than actually listening or acknowledging dissent. 

Usually when I make a new character, I run around Atlas for a few levels killing things. I might do a couple DFBs. Then I'll Pl it in stages. Get some levels. Then do missions for a level or two. PL again. Do more missions. Kind of depends on the character. Don't generally PL straight from 1-50. Not sure what this is relevant to anyway.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

This is a Superhero/Supervillain game. Not Farm Simulator. I don't know if the devs should nerf farming or not, but then I don't have access to the game economic data like they do.

It's a Super Simulator. It's an MMORPG. It's a Single Player Super Game. There are actual farm simulators out there. AE isn't that. There's no driving tractors or harvesters or herding cows. There's nothing different in AE and the non-AE game. It's all just killing (or arresting if you're a pansy) enemies. Everything else is window dressing.

• Like 1

• City Council
19 minutes ago, battlewraith said:

I don't know what the council of thirteen is, but it sounds like they need Bilbo.

Don't worry, we also have no idea what the Council of Thirteen is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 9
"We need Widower. He's a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos - very important." - Cipher

Are you also a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos? Consider applying to be a Game Master!

On 9/7/2022 at 6:13 AM, scottocamp said:

I never played a MMO before City of Heroes.  My two boys got me hooked.  I had no idea a game could be so fun.  When City of Heroes closed down I found myself rather devastated.

Same here. I was there in beta, played through to the bitter end. As a mostly solo carebear, I think the pace on Homecoming is good, slowing as I approach 40 with my Ill/Dark troller (been away a few months). And I've never maxed out a hero, prob due to my chronic alt-o-holism he he! I think I got my ice & fire blaster Kelvin Ator back in the day to 42, which was my highest. Unlike you, I loved SWTOR, but again mostly as a solo experience. Same with LOTRO, TSW/SWL, GW2, etc.

Btw, there are some very simple and legit 'tricks' to getting millions & millions of Inf very quickly, just look up the utoob vids ;). Just doing the exploration achievement with a new toon in Atlas, and then delete, rinse, repeat, will net you 3-5mill inf easily on AH. Certainly takes a lot of the grind out of getting very expensive (set) IOs on the AH. You def don't want to hit a power wall when levelling as I know how much that can kill the fun, especially if you are forced to group with others just for basic progression, bleh. After all, hell is other people, never more so than in a mmo! 😉

Edited by Nostromo21
  • Like 3

Game over man, game over!

1 hour ago, battlewraith said:

And then telling you to look for another game if you don't want to take their advice.

if this game isn’t your speed, maybe it isn’t for you.  I’m not telling you that, I’m just mentioning an option.  There’s no shame in that.  You don’t have to take my advice.  It’s good advice, but if you’d rather shake the cage and try to get the HC team to make your life easier, up to you son.

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 3

Who run Bartertown?