Patch Notes for October 4th, 2022

• Developer

Halloween Event 2022

Trick-or-Treat Updates

• Five new elite boss enemies have been added to the enemy roster when Trick-or-Treating above Level 25:
    • Ancient Vampires
    • Spectral Werewolves
    • Arisen Mummies
    • Crone Matriarchs
    • Hollow Reapers
  • These new elite bosses reward five times the influence and experience when defeated.
  • These new elite bosses defeats give credit for the new and old event defeat badges for their enemy type groups.
  • Spectral Werewolf defeats count as both a werewolf and a ghost defeat.
  • Halloween Werewolf enemies will throw coffins using their Hurl power instead of boulders.
  • All new Tier 1 prestige costume appearances have had Halloween temporary power versions added that drop from the event and are also sold by the Halloween salvage vendors.
  • Using a permanent prestige costume will count for all Halloween event criteria that requires you to be wearing a costume such as receiving the Whispered Rumor tip or earning the Tricked Out badge.
  • Halloween costume temporary powers have had 'Halloween' removed from their power names to make them easier to read in the power menu.
  • Halloween salvage vendors have began offering the Fir Bolg prestige costume reward for 10 Prismatic Aether Particles and 50 of each Halloween salvage type. This costume will be available each year for the duration of October.

New Badges

• Five new Event badges added for defeating each of the new Trick-or-Treat Elite Boss types:
    • badge_i27_event_elitevampires.png.0abbfc15bde06a4ca78dfd07dab9824f.pngVampiric Heritage - Defeat 5 Ancient Vampires from the Halloween Event to earn this badge.
    • badge_i27_event_elitewerewolves.png.8d5f2f28d39c4656c8790ff853143e4c.pngSpectral Anomaly - Defeat 5 Spectral Werewolves from the Halloween Event to earn this badge.
    • badge_i27_event_elitezombies.png.c0505df65b8a16105604b58ebcd05688.pngMummy's Curse - Defeat 5 Arisen Mummies from the Halloween Event to earn this badge.
    • badge_i27_event_elitewitches.png.33f507b9050d5937f2dc52b05c5c1411.pngUnholy Cabal - Defeat 5 Crone Matriarchs from the Halloween Event to earn this badge.
    • badge_i27_event_eliteunseelie.png.00cc83ec589a0cd45abd92756a00f502.pngReaper of Souls - Defeat 5 Hollow Reapers from the Halloween Event to earn this badge.
  • Each of the five badges above will also reward 2 Prismatic Aether Particle salvage when earned.

Dr. Kane's House of Horror Trial

• The Bored Guy and Bored Gal in the Dr. Kane's House of Horror trial have been given updated looks of their own.
  • Like 2

• Faultline changed the title to Patch Notes for October 3rd, 2022
  • Faultline unlocked this topic
  • Number Six changed the title to Patch Notes for October 4th, 2022
4 hours ago, Marshman said:

these changes happened yesterday on live? Today is the 4th....at least here in the US.  I'm confused and I'm hungry.

Well there IS a patch today, so maybe you beat them to it?

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

2 hours ago, EmperorSteele said:

I think the thread was either moved or copypasta'd from the beta patchnotes.

Either that, or time travel is involved. Can't be too sure around here =P

EDIT: Oh, they changed the thread title. Booooo!

It's all wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

1 hour ago, Ukase said:

I am curious. If I recall, the last time I tried to ToT in Atlas, last year, I was able to do so. But this year, I can't. I don't see that in these patch notes. Did I miss something? 

EDIT: I just saw that Faultline posted on the discord that ToT may be broken in Atlas due to the seasonal variant map system they just installed, so ToT might not work in Atlas until the next patch.

Original post (which may have lost some relevance given the edit above):

Trick-or-Treating only works if your character is within the level range of the zone. There is a list of zones and their level ranges on the wiki:

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Halloween_Event/Trick_or_Treat

Exemplaring down works too if you want to ToT in a zone that is lower than your normal level.

Speaking of Trick-or-Treating, I really like that the drop table was augmented with the costumes from the purchasable list. I haven't purchased any costumes yet (not really my thing), but I have been pleasantly surprised with how cool some of the costumes I've received have been.

Edited by AboveTheChemist
added info from discord
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1