I don't like the Elite Bosses added to trick-or-treating

MrSnottyPants

5 minutes ago, Player2 said:

Go find some joy, man. 

I am. I'm playing a cool Early Access Dungeon Crawler called The Slormancer!

My entire point was missed by you, in that I would wish those who only post negatively (and I don't mean those who criticize, to clear the air) to find something that brings joy to them. Homecoming clearly isn't making them happy, and that's what I meant. Perhaps I over-did it in my thesaurus'ing.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

unknown.png

alright buddy, it's time to shit yourself
casts earthquake, activates dispersion bubble

29 minutes ago, Player2 said:

Let's all go out for coffee, instead.

(Tea drinkers are suddenly enraged and start throwing chairs)

"We don't like coffee!!"

(People who avoid caffeine altogether start lighting torches)

. . .

(More people show up...)

What, are you saying that you hate ice cream?!

Last time I went to coffee shop I asked for a large black coffee and the college kid behind the counter looked at me like I asked for a baby to eat. She had to get the manager to show her how to make a plain black coffee.

Edited by Frostbiter
  • Haha 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

2 hours ago, Shadeknight said:

The only reason I've griped about a mastermind being on HM TFs is Group Fly, but that's on me for not going to Null about that.

Masterminds happen to also be getting buffs in Page 5. More reason for me to take them. The only time I might go 'maybe not' is a 4-Star ASF run that's going for the Vanguard challenge. That is a 'maybe' not a 'nope no masterminds period'.

Obviously, mileage may vary based on other team leaders.

Try a MM in a Really Hard Way Magisterium or a few of the other tougher and more intricate incarnate trials.  Maybe if they buff the pet levels (as the pets stand now most are near useless) MMs might see a use.  

• Like 1

I've seen Masterminds do just fine in those as well. The only one that they might be an issue in is Underground (due to aggro radius shenanigans) and TPN (Because civilians) but I've never seem them denied or underperform.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

unknown.png

3 hours ago, Player2 said:

So when people say the game content is too easy, they're just asking for things to be more challenging...

But when people don't like changes because it's too hard and they did not ask for that, they're bitching and moaning about every little change?

I think there is a difference between requesting additions to the game (great, everyone should do that who wants to!) and complaining because things were added to the game that you personally don't enjoy, which seems a little mean-spirited.

Lots of things get added to the game that don't interest me.  I don't RP, but I'm not going to complain if RPers get emotes and some new locations to hang out and do their thing.  I don't PVP, but I'm certainly not against PVPers getting new base raid code written.  'Wow, this game is too easy' is a thought that has never crossed my mind, but clearly some people find that and why shouldn't they get some content that caters to them?  Good for them!  I hope they really enjoy it!

Edited by Grouchybeast
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

13 hours ago, MrSnottyPants said:

I'd be okay if they were normal elite bosses.  But getting the mummy, getting the wasting disease, and getting the witch with endurance draining zaps next... frustrating.

The witch's endurance drain comes from Lightning Storm, which is immobile. After she spawns Lightning Storm, simply move around a corner or out of its range.

My beef is with the vampire EB while playing a melee character. He spawns Dark Servant and floors my tohit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Frostbiter said:

Last time I went to coffee shop I asked for a large black coffee and the college kid behind the counter looked at me like I asked for a baby to eat. She had to get the manager to show her how to make a plain black coffee.

From 'Lore Brand Comics':

1454097331_lorewhippedcream.gif.6506a1fdb36efe835f65ee3761101b49.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Grouchybeast said:

I think there is a difference between requesting additions to the game (great, everyone should do that who wants to!) and complaining because things were added to the game that you personally don't enjoy, which seems a little mean-spirited.

Lots of things get added to the game that don't interest me.  I don't RP, but I'm not going to complain if RPers get emotes and some new locations to hang out and do their thing.  I don't PVP, but I'm certainly not against PVPers getting new base raid code written.  'Wow, this game is too easy' is a thought that has never crossed my mind, but clearly some people find that and why shouldn't they get some content that caters to them?  Good for them!  I hope they really enjoy it!

Like everyone hasn't requested stuff at one time or another.  But when you see stuff added that caters to a specific group and they were asking for it, but people who aren't happy with the change and didn't get anything they wanted, calling them whiners when they speak out isn't the way to go.  I'm not saying give everyone everything that ever gets asked for... I'm saying don't call people whiners or other terms simply for voicing their concerns.  Maybe they feel like it was mean-spirited to make more hard level content while overlooking their concerns... because the people who did want that and complained for it got what they wanted.

I'm just saying that it shouldn't be too difficult to NOT call people whiners.  And if someone can't, then that someone --and everyone like them-- is just wrong.

Edited by Player2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Its been a strange read.  For anyone wanting to get the short version....

OP says the elite bosses in trick or treat are too hard while solo.  Team member replies that code limitations prevented it this time but should be fixed for next time.  And then almost everyone ignored that and started complaining about hard mode.

Here we have some footage of a player engaging an elite boss.

1020737664_FishSlap.gif.67d7fa318a4c9a5680ce90fdbab7ed4b.gif

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

30 minutes ago, Player2 said:

Like everyone hasn't requested stuff at one time or another.  But when you see stuff added that caters to a specific group and they were asking for it, but people who aren't happy with the change and didn't get anything they wanted, calling them whiners when they speak out isn't the way to go.

This is where I guess there's a disconnect. I'm at a loss why people are seemingly unhappy with completely optional difficulty additions that don't change the base content experience at all for those that aren't interested in said optional difficulty additions. I could understand completely if let's use the ITF for example was just completely overwritten and you could only run the HM version. That's not what's happening though.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TheZag said:

And then almost everyone ignored that and started complaining about hard mode.

Well, it got into hard modes after a broadstroke of "game being made harder." was dropped.

Was a fun derailing though!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

unknown.png

• Game Master

At the risk of being stoned for being a heretic, but maybe join one of the ToT teams that are about? I've played on Reunion and Excel and depending on the time it's mostly been a full league and a lot of fun. Even a level 1 in PI or KW is welcome (from my experience) and it's lots of mayhem plus league teleporting to GM's and zombies. The solo ToT issue with the EB's will be fixed next year, but unfortunately it's too late to change it now. The league leaders have been doing a brilliant job keeping the teams balanced and active. On Excel we had 4 PI's at one point. I'm sure by the end it will be harder to find people to ToT with, but at this point in time it seems to be rolling full steam ahead. I understand some people prefer to do it solo as it's less stressful (I'm one of those people) but there are some options available if you want to Tot and it's too much solo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Up 3

53 minutes ago, srmalloy said:

From 'Lore Brand Comics':

1454097331_lorewhippedcream.gif.6506a1fdb36efe835f65ee3761101b49.gif

I just make my own at home and carry a thermos. $6 for a cup of black coffee is insane.

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

Oddly enough, I am a fan of the EBs?   I think they really amped up the ToT event.  Having that bigass pile of HP anchored at a spawn point encourages people who are in the area to linger and click the doors nearby, which produces more EBs at the spawn point, to encourage MORE clicking/spawning, until nobody can click THAT door again and we have to move.  It's glorious.

And, also, MMs are strangely OP for ToTing.  I couldn't get an invite last night on Excel, but just kind of hung out with my Thugs/Emp MM (Missionary Physician) at the hotel, knocking on doors and pitching in.  Gained a full level in about 40 minutes (with offline XP) and got all EB badges, even though my EMP has no attacks of his own.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Anything you can have, we have it.  Even got a devil in the attic.

I don't hate the EBs when I'm on one of the Motel of Murder leagues, or even running with my usual duo/small team arrangement. They're fine, crunchy fun for that.

Solo? Yeah... They're kind of a pain in the rump. Even with my definitely NOT squishy types they take a while to knock over, and so they turn what was a casual bit of time-sink trick or treating between missions, for instance, into something that's more of a commitment.  You're not always close to a drone when one pops up and it's just rude to just bounce off and leave the thing running loose for how-ever-long they actually linger.   

Hopefully that really will be fixed by the time next Halloween comes around...

Edited by Coyotedancer
  • Thumbs Up 2

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

1 hour ago, GM Crumpet said:

At the risk of being stoned for being a heretic, but maybe join one of the ToT teams that are about? I've played on Reunion and Excel and depending on the time it's mostly been a full league and a lot of fun. Even a level 1 in PI or KW is welcome (from my experience) and it's lots of mayhem plus league teleporting to GM's and zombies. The solo ToT issue with the EB's will be fixed next year, but unfortunately it's too late to change it now. The league leaders have been doing a brilliant job keeping the teams balanced and active. On Excel we had 4 PI's at one point. I'm sure by the end it will be harder to find people to ToT with, but at this point in time it seems to be rolling full steam ahead. I understand some people prefer to do it solo as it's less stressful (I'm one of those people) but there are some options available if you want to Tot and it's too much solo.

Yep.

The teams are fine. I think it's the whole "You know, I'm on my way to a mission, I've got a little time, there's some doors," *Click* *WHAMSLAPINTHEFACEWITHANEB* *DEAD* that's annoying folks.

(And also, as I've mentioned... the TOT mobs seem to be the only type that ignores MM minions and keeps in pursuit of the MM. Not sure if that's WAI or not.. .doesn't feel like it should be, but when it's poked around at for next year, if someone could keep it in mind...)

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Greycat said:

Yep.

The teams are fine. I think it's the whole "You know, I'm on my way to a mission, I've got a little time, there's some doors," *Click* *WHAMSLAPINTHEFACEWITHANEB* *DEAD* that's annoying folks.

(And also, as I've mentioned... the TOT mobs seem to be the only type that ignores MM minions and keeps in pursuit of the MM. Not sure if that's WAI or not.. .doesn't feel like it should be, but when it's poked around at for next year, if someone could keep it in mind...)

The ToT mobs are definitely not the only type that completely ignores Mastermind henchmen in favor of the Mastermind his or herself.  Praetorian ambushes work the same exact way.  It was loudly complained about during the Issue 18 beta but summarily ignored.  But yeah, it's quite annoying and deadly for the Mastermind, especially when solo.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Astralock said:

The ToT mobs are definitely not the only type that completely ignores Mastermind henchmen in favor of the Mastermind his or herself.  Praetorian ambushes work the same exact way.  It was loudly complained about during the Issue 18 beta but summarily ignored.  But yeah, it's quite annoying and deadly for the Mastermind, especially when solo.

Interesting.  As I alluded to earlier, I spent about 40 minutes last night just pointing my henchmen at mobs, enough so to get most of the defeat X badges, and nothing ever singled me out for sanction.  But, my character deliberately doesn't use attacks, so maybe they looked at me and were like "Guy's glowing green, I don't need that hassle" and moved on?

7 minutes ago, tsdouble said:

Interesting.  As I alluded to earlier, I spent about 40 minutes last night just pointing my henchmen at mobs, enough so to get most of the defeat X badges, and nothing ever singled me out for sanction.  But, my character deliberately doesn't use attacks, so maybe they looked at me and were like "Guy's glowing green, I don't need that hassle" and moved on?

Not for the ones I was dealing with. The lower level MM was trying to stay out of the way to keep her henchies healded and shielded, not trying to attack, and all the ToT mobs just made a beeline for her and ignored everything else.

5 minutes ago, GM Crumpet said:

What you suggest isn't unreasonable.  However, it's not always an option as there might be a full league and then two or three people standing around calling out for an invite.  Can't invite to a full league, and unless there's at least one level appropriate to the zone, they can't start a new one there... so they have to stand around and wait for an opening.

37 minutes ago, tsdouble said:

I found that they go after you, not the henchmen if you're the one that clicked on the door.  (Which seems to be the programmed behaviour if I read the dev note correctly)  Noted the same thing with a controller.

3 minutes ago, lemming said:

I found that they go after you, not the henchmen if you're the one that clicked on the door.  (Which seems to be the programmed behaviour if I read the dev note correctly)  Noted the same thing with a controller.

Well that's the last time I click ToT doors on a pet class of any stripe.

• Thumbs Down 2