Thank you Devs!

Snarky

I want to thank the Dev team, support staff, and everyone working behind the scenes in the HC community to keep the ship afloat.  And moving forward under steam!!!

I think I have posted a thread that might have seemed negative if you looked at it in a certain light.  Maybe even two!

What i want to say is that it is noticed how much QUALITY work is being done on City of Villains...err heroes?  City of X!   (This is not to say I agree with all of the decisions....it is me after all)  The steady output of top notch new content.  Stepping up to the plate to do something for Sentinels (and that is a problem not of their making to try to step in and redesign....)  The literally hundreds of other adjustments small and large.  

Thank you.  Someday maybe you can come over to my castle for a pint of blood?  *wrings hands and smiles innocently.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 9

20 minutes ago, Snarky said:

I want to thank the Dev team, support staff, and everyone working behind the scenes in the HC community to keep the ship afloat.  And moving forward under steam!!!

I think I have posted a thread that might have seemed negative if you looked at it in a certain light.  Maybe even two!

What i want to say is that it is noticed how much QUALITY work is being done on City of Villains...err heroes?  City of X!   (This is not to say I agree with all of the decisions....it is me after all)  The steady output of top notch new content.  Stepping up to the plate to do something for Sentinels (and that is a problem not of their making to try to step in and redesign....)  The literally hundreds of other adjustments small and large.  

Thank you.  Someday maybe you can come over to my castle for a pint of blood?  *wrings hands and smiles innocently.

As a TOTAL aside, I went to see "Nosferatu" in the cinema last week.  100th anniversary of the movie and it was great seeing it on the big screen.  LOOK, IT'S SNARKY!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

I suspect someone's holding Snarky hostage. 

Can you blink in Morse???

• Haha 5

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

14 hours ago, Snarky said:

What i want to say is that it is noticed how much QUALITY work is being done on City of Villains...err heroes?  City of X!

I don't like referring to the game as CoX, because there's only one way to pronounce that.

• Haha 3

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

2 minutes ago, Ironblade said:

I don't like referring to the game as CoX, because there's only one way to pronounce that.

Cox is a fairly common surname where I live. Welsh/English. Just sayin.

Edited by Frostbiter
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

1 hour ago, Krimson said:

You can totally nuke your own threads. No need for a middle man. Heck, I did it myself less than an hour ago. 

I have it on good authority that nuking your own threads is the recipe for blindness.

Well, which is it, young feller?  You want I should freeze or get down on the ground?
If'n I freeze, I can't rightly drop.  And if'n I drop I'll be in motion.

1 hour ago, roleki said:

I have it on good authority that nuking your own threads is the recipe for blindness.

Is that what we're calling it now? 

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

46 minutes ago, Krimson said:

I'm pretty sure I forked out $600 for new glasses less than two weeks ago. Really sure. Hard to forget spending that much. 

I used to buy cheap glasses because what kind of stuck-up arrogant nose-in-the-air jerk spends $500 on glasses?   Then a few years ago, it occurred to me, there's literally no one purchase I can think of that I use more then my glasses.   I now go straight for the good frames, pick out the ones I like best, and then add all the extras.  I don't regret it at all.  Glasses problem 100% solved.

Edited by Shred Monkey
  • Thumbs Up 2

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

3 hours ago, Krimson said:

I'm pretty sure I forked out $600 for new glasses less than two weeks ago. Really sure. Hard to forget spending that much. 

3 hours ago, Krimson said:

My prescription is so strong that I had to change from polycarbonate to a substance that didn't even exist last time I got glasses. Bargain stores are not going to help, but thanks. 😄

I have used Zenni for years. They're not a bargain store, but a factory mail-order biz using hi-tech manufacturing, and cutting out the middle men. My titanium-framed, progressive bifocals, with clip-on lenses for sunglasses, night driving, red/green 3d movies (not kidding), and polarized 3d, were ~$120, delivered in a week or so, and have been my favorites. They have plastics with varying indices of refraction, depending on your scrip, and an AR app that lets you upload a pic for a virtual try-on.

The only catch is you need to know both your scrip AND your inter-pupilary distance, which some docs/glasses shops try to keep secret for just this reason.

(Then they order your glasses from Zenni, and mark 'em up!)

Not a shill, just a very satisfied customer.

Edited by DoctorDitko
clarity
  • Thanks 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

21 minutes ago, DoctorDitko said:

I have used Zenni for years. They're not a bargain store, but a factory mail-order biz using hi-tech manufacturing, and cutting out the middle men.

Absolutely.  My brother has titanium frames, bamboo frames and other types from Zenni.  Their glasses are really very nice.

However, I'll also point out that they CAN be extremely inexpensive.  I have a simple prescription and, to check their quality and the accuracy of the prescription, I bought the cheapest glasses they sold in order to leave a spare pair in my girlfriends car in case I didn't bring mine and need to drive her car.  The prescription was exact (as far as my eyes can tell).  They look dopey and don't fit very well but they were *** $12 DELIVERED *** and are absolutely fine to sit in her car if I should need them.

• Thumbs Up 2

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

4 minutes ago, Krimson said:

I don't have to lean to read what I am typing anymore, so that's worth price of admission right there. 

“lean to read”

• Haha 1

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

3 minutes ago, Krimson said:

I'm very near sighted, so I have a couple of options.

Same. I have to have progressives so that I can see far away and computer screen distance and close distance for reading. Plus a blue coating to help with the eye strain of staring at a computer screen for 8 - 12 hours a day. Recently went to get new glasses and they asked me if I wanted to have lenses of unobtainium, or whatever it's called, instead of polycarbonate. They're lighter and tougher they said so I said "Sign me up." They really are thinner and lighter than my old lenses.

The fun part was during the eye exam when they told me "Lean into the machine until the red disk turns green, then it'll take the readings." And I was like "Hey. So, remember when I mentioned that I'm red-green color blind? Yeah, the disks look the same color to me."

The only bit of good news is that, since I'm getting older, my eyes tendency to become far-sighted seems to have slowed my eyes from becoming further near-sighted. At least until my retinas detach from the back of my eyes in a few years. Yay!

• Thumbs Up 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

1 hour ago, Krimson said:

The place I went to is wedged in between where I work and a legal weed store

Nice.

I'm so far-sighted that the lasik guys laughed at me when I looked into getting it done. Apparently it's total lens replacement or nothing. Thus... three pairs of glasses. 1 for driving\normal living, 1 for computer work, 1 for reading.

It sucks. Tried bifocals, didn't care for 'em.

• Thumbs Up 1

The progressives aren't bad, once you learn to focus by looking up and down.

• Thumbs Up 1

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)