Fire farming was nerfed

Sneakers

Sorry you can delete this post if you want. 

I know it's really not funny.

I just found it funny, because there are clearly some people here who are against fire farming the way it was, but they are pretending that they aren't.

Whether or not the changes which nerf'ed AE farming were intentional or not is no longer the point.

The point is that fire farming the way it was, was indeed nerfed, whether directly or indirectly.

I'm sure as the days go by there will be less and less fire farmers who care.

But the relentless distain for them will remain.

The consecutive flow of insults against them will remain.

Pretty sad to watch. Hard not to notice. Excuse me for pointing it out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 3

8 minutes ago, Vanden said:

Careful you don't crease your victim card while you're wringing your hands so much

Ah so that's the best you could do with what I presented?

I knew you wouldn't resist the temptation to insult me.

Luminara! Care to jump in ?

Edited by Sneakers
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Just let it go my guy. I don't think you're unreasonable, but I don't think the changes are rooted in a dislike for farming. I think there's a push to make farming *less efficient* and hard mode content more lucrative, so Inf gain shifts to PAPs. They won't outright kill farming, but don't expect it to stay the best source of Inf. For whatever reason you can't say something is "nerfed" here unless you want to be gaslit into thinking you're a big dumb idiot. Inf farming saw about a 10% decrease. It's a nerf, but you can still do it so it's not a nerf I guess.

• Thumbs Up 3

@Lev N

Excelsior/Everlasting/Rebirth

🏒🍁🏳️‍🌈

2 minutes ago, Nurvus said:

Just let it go my guy. I don't think you're unreasonable, but I don't think the changes are rooted in a dislike for farming. I think there's a push to make farming *less efficient* and hard mode content more lucrative, so Inf gain shifts to PAPs. They won't outright kill farming, but don't expect it to stay the best source of Inf. For whatever reason you can't say something is "nerfed" here unless you want to be gaslit into thinking you're a big dumb idiot. Inf farming saw about a 10% decrease. It's a nerf, but you can still do it so it's not a nerf I guess.

I already dipped into this. I was outright insulted about it multiple times. I don't think it's funny. 

We do have freedom of speech still. Unless someone wants to delete my posts. I will post what I want.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

You need to abide by the Code of Conduct. 😛 If you want to vent or whatever you can DM me if you want. It'll probably be better if another big argument doesn't start.

@Lev N

Excelsior/Everlasting/Rebirth

🏒🍁🏳️‍🌈

Just now, Nurvus said:

You need to abide by the Code of Conduct. 😛 If you want to vent or whatever you can DM me if you want. It'll probably be better if another big argument doesn't start.

If I call you a clown in a spiteful way I am abiding by the code of conduct?

Or if I call you other spiteful names after posting insulting graphics directed toward you, I am abiding by the code of conduct?

Thanks,

Thanks for helping me understand that I was the one who was out of line.

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

8 hours ago, Sneakers said:

If I call you a clown in a spiteful way I am abiding by the code of conduct?

Or if I call you other spiteful names after posting insulting graphics directed toward you, I am abiding by the code of conduct?

Thanks,

Thanks for helping me understand that I was the one who was out of line.

Dude, if the mods had any intention of shutting down the vitriol towards farmers and anyone else who dares disapprove of their shiny new hardmodes and epeen-fluffers, they would have done it years ago. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

12 hours ago, Sneakers said:

We do have freedom of speech still. Unless someone wants to delete my posts. I will post what I want.

Freedom of speech is protection from the government arresting you for your speech.  It does not give you power over private companies and individuals and require that they let you post whatever you want.

It also does not mean that others cannot post what they want in response to you.

For some reason people cry "freedom of speech" as a way to complain about others speaking freely.   As if freedom of speech is for them personally.  They can say what they want and no one else can.

You are entitled to state your opinion.  And others are entitled to state theirs.  Stating your opinion and then complaining when others state theirs does not make you look like a victim, it makes you look entitled and hypocritical.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5
  • Thumbs Up 9

3 hours ago, Black Zot said:

Dude, if the mods had any intention of shutting down the vitriol towards farmers and anyone else who dares disapprove of their shiny new hardmodes and epeen-fluffers, they would have done it years ago. 

One of the most tribal posters we have wants to play victim. Cute. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

19 minutes ago, arcane said:

I know tone of voice is difficult to convey via text, so I shall try to be as clear and concise as possible. But how do you expect one side or the other (both are guilty of it) by antagonizing responses such as this? I mean, what do you expect? Them to go "you know what, you are right?" or to just have the final word and let it feel as if someone won the argument?

I am not trying to be antagonistic here, or confrontational. I am only using this as an example of what I mean in other posts. One side posts something, the other side more or less goes "QQ cry more yummy yummy tears" and then it just devolves from there.

I hope that all of us, no matter where we stand on any issue/change/patch would agree that is a bad thing? I don't want that. I hope you don't either. I mean, this isn't a question that one side must yield or buckle here, both sides have to stop antagonizing one another. Or this is just going to continue, which I would argue could drive just as many people away as any topic of heated debate itself?

Speaking only personally for myself here. But I am willing to ease up and disagree in a more respectful manner if others are willing to do the same.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

48 minutes ago, Neiska said:

I know tone of voice is difficult to convey via text, so I shall try to be as clear and concise as possible. But how do you expect one side or the other (both are guilty of it) by antagonizing responses such as this? I mean, what do you expect? Them to go "you know what, you are right?" or to just have the final word and let it feel as if someone won the argument?

I am not trying to be antagonistic here, or confrontational. I am only using this as an example of what I mean in other posts. One side posts something, the other side more or less goes "QQ cry more yummy yummy tears" and then it just devolves from there.

I hope that all of us, no matter where we stand on any issue/change/patch would agree that is a bad thing? I don't want that. I hope you don't either. I mean, this isn't a question that one side must yield or buckle here, both sides have to stop antagonizing one another. Or this is just going to continue, which I would argue could drive just as many people away as any topic of heated debate itself?

Speaking only personally for myself here. But I am willing to ease up and disagree in a more respectful manner if others are willing to do the same.

This right here.

And honestly.  I was/have been a douche on here on so many levels - I have no idea why.  One day it dawned on me - I am not that way in real life.  Why am I being such a condescending douche on here?

I regret in most cases some of the thing I have said on here in the past - it was me letting my irritation at someone else or what someone else said boil over into a response - while usually accurate made me a loser in my opinion for letting it boil out.

So I have tried my best to reverse course on this behavior - it just really isn't who I am or want to be.  

So if I come across wrong now, I assure you it isn't intentional.

You are right though - I think everyone needs to take a step back and think about what is being said and how it is being said before actually saying it.  Devs/Moderators included - because I have seen Dev/moderator comments on here, HC Discord, and Beta Discord - even while I agree with the thought they were portraying - did not agree with the delivery.

We are all human though - and hell - I am the last one that should point fingers at anyone else about being inflammatory.   *Guilty*

But the way I see it we either take a step back now and be kinder to each other - and also more open to listen to changes we may not agree with that are staying and possibly listen to changes that need to be reverted - in order to move forward.  Or this community will cease to exist - and as bad as I hate some of the BS I have read on here in the past.  I don't want this to cease to exist.   

It works both ways.

• Thumbs Up 6

1 hour ago, arcane said:

Did you post to add to the discussion to just be toxic? If there is nothing in a thread that you feel needs to be discussed, pass on it. If you feel you have something to add to the discussion, please add it. but just chiming in with insulting garbage isnt helping anything. This isnt helping anything.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

I will agree completely that AE farming, including to a greater degree fire farming,  did get a nerf.  But other areas of the game got buffed.  They are striving for balance and that means there will be buffs and nerfs occurring throughout the game.  If everything only got buffed then nothing would be balanced.

Also a few longstanding bugs got fixed that resulted in a perceived nerf in AE.  But i dont count bug fixes as nerfs.  Alot of people cry nerf when a bug fix results in negative performance but are completely in agreement when the result is an increase.  But it isnt either,  a bug was never meant to be there in the first place,  no matter how long it went unfixed.

• Thanks 4

14 hours ago, Vanden said:

Careful you don't crease your victim card while you're wringing your hands so much

And by saying this, your essentially mildly harassing and making @Sneakers point for him.  *sigh*

FAIL

2 hours ago, DougGraves said:

Freedom of speech is protection from the government arresting you for your speech.  It does not give you power over private companies and individuals and require that they let you post whatever you want.

It also does not mean that others cannot post what they want in response to you.

For some reason people cry "freedom of speech" as a way to complain about others speaking freely.   As if freedom of speech is for them personally.  They can say what they want and no one else can.

You are entitled to state your opinion.  And others are entitled to state theirs.  Stating your opinion and then complaining when others state theirs does not make you look like a victim, it makes you look entitled and hypocritical.

There's a humorous saying that's opinions are like A-holes, everyone has them, but they typically stink.

In large respect you are correct, but I'll point out that even private companies have to be mindful of harassment, especially discrimination.

More to the point, it shouldn't ever get that far.

This whole situation shouldn't have gotten this far!

Early on (Page3 and/or before) we were promised a dev blog to explain why they felt making changes that clearly changed how AE farming was done were necessary. 

In truth, the changes were not that major (they sky is not falling), but on the flip side, to deny several changes were specifically aimed at reducing farming (passive/AFK farming in particular) is naive and detrimental to us all.

It's also a fools errand to try to eliminate all farming and power leveling from an MMO.

Not gonna happen.

Something will always be the "best way to power level", even if it means Go Hunt Kill Skulls.

Why waste precious time and effort when there's better things that same development could be spent on?!  This is where I personally get frustrated, the priorities seems messed up and we're not getting transparent communication from the community leadership, or at least not nearly enough (this topic's existence being proof as to where there's not enough)

The primary focus needs to be on having fun, especially with teamplay since this is a multiplayer game

1 hour ago, arcane said:

And another post that's nothing more than mild harassment, adding credibility to the claim that farmers are being harassed and targeted by those in the clique that is on good terms with the devs.  This does the exact opposite of what you intended.

FAIL

1 hour ago, Neiska said:

This.

WIN

Also to be clear, this whole situation with harassment could have been largely avoided early on the lack of a community spokesperson on the development team, but to be clear, it is not on the programmers on the development team to explain the reason for the direction of development, they need to focus their time and effort on coding and bug hunting.  There should be someone dedicated to explaining things to the public and building hype to get people excited about changes.

This is a rather depressing thread, and while I like many of the things in Page5 and other recent updates, we collectively need a plan to come together on this.  Most of us are adults, and should be able to figure this out together without thrown insults like hormonal teenagers.  Yes I know this is the internet forum environment, but I know we can all do better.

It'll probably get locked too, which while necessary to prevent a flame war won't resolve things.  I feel bad for the GMs, Forum-Mods and the programmers; and would like to see some cooler heads prevail on this fiasco

Edited by agentx5
Spelling
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, Sneakers said:

I already dipped into this. I was outright insulted about it multiple times. I don't think it's funny. 

Actually, no.  The entire concept of Freedom of Speech only means the government can not restrict your speech or take action against you for it.

This forum is privately run.  The mods can delete or edit your post in any way they see fit and neither you nor anyone else can do anything about it.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

The only thing you cannot do on these forums is be a bigot (go figure) and harass. Well and you kinda are slapped upside the head for being mean as hell.

I wonder why I'm still here.

unknown.png

alright buddy, it's time to shit yourself
casts earthquake, activates dispersion bubble