A reminder as the holiday event kicks off

Zhym

Good boys and girls clean up after opening presents.  It's very naughty to run away without defeating the snow beasts!

(The presents respawn more quickly if you defeat the snow beasts.  So be a good citizen and clean up after yourself!)

Edited by Zhym
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, Zhym said:

Good boys and girls clean up after opening presents.  It's very naughty to run away without defeating the snow beasts!

(The presents respawn more quickly if you defeat the snow beasts.  So be a good citizen and clean up after yourself!)

No, they don't open quicker.  I've watched for this. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zhym said:

I think cleaning up enemies you cause to spawn is just good practice in general...

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

2 hours ago, Zhym said:

Are you saying it would be a Snarky (TM, pat. Pend.) thing to do?

• Haha 3

Even if they don't respawn, you're being a $@#&! if you walk away from spawned snow beasts.  Especially if you're a fifty in a lower zone.

So yeah, it's a Snarky thing to do.  😄

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Tim "Black Scorpion" Sweeney: Matt (Posi) used to say that players would find the shortest path to the rewards even if it was a completely terrible play experience that would push them away from the game...

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

10 hours ago, Zhym said:

8 hours ago, gamingglen said:

Shhh!  We want them to have motivation to clean up!

• Haha 2

I used to get mad about people opening presents and abandoning the spawns, but then I realized that people racing around gathering shit they don't need and giving zero fucks about the impact of their activities on others is the perfect representation of the season.  

So carry on, 'heroes.'

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

Anything you can have, we have it.  Even got a devil in the attic.

44 minutes ago, roleki said:

I used to get mad about people opening presents and abandoning the spawns, but then I realized that people racing around gathering shit they don't need and giving zero fucks about the impact of their activities on others is the perfect representation of the season.

I was looking for a Frances Xavier Cross.

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, High Beam Prime (someone else has her non OG name)

One hero's trash is another villain's treasure. 

Wouldn't this be the perfect opportunity for some vile villains to go rogue and just run around Paragon opening boxes leaving the populace to deal with the snow beasts. Candy Canes for me, mayhem for everyone else. Mwahahahahahaha-cough-cough-haha.

• Haha 5

11 hours ago, gamingglen said:

It's not a direct effect; if you arrive at a present location and there are snowmen still alive at the spot, the fact that you are there extends their time-to-despawn because there's someone in range, and over years of winter events I haven't seen a present respawn until the snowmen fall over and despawn. So if you avoid a present location for long enough that the snowmen spawned by the person who came through last and ran off rather than clearing them despawn on their own, there's no delay. But if you show up before they despawn, they'll hang on longer -- and you can't tell when the last person to hit that present came through, so you can't 'schedule' your route, and abandoned spawns will interfere with your present collection.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

Even if they don't respawn, you're being a $@#&! if you walk away from spawned snow beasts.  Especially if you're a fifty in a lower zone.

So yeah, it's a Snarky thing to do.  😄

I think the spawn level is set by the zone they're in, not by the character opening the presents, isn't it?  It's arc and TF ambushes that spawn at the character level.

• Like 2

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

I recall once seeing an annoying 50 leaving spawned snow beasts all over Sharkhead.  That was on Live.  I do think I've seen similar since though.

Tim "Black Scorpion" Sweeney: Matt (Posi) used to say that players would find the shortest path to the rewards even if it was a completely terrible play experience that would push them away from the game...

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

19 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

I recall once seeing an annoying 50 leaving spawned snow beasts all over Sharkhead.  That was on Live.  I do think I've seen similar since though.

My bad.  I thought I had a vague memory of having a lowbie character open a present as they were passing through in a high level zone and getting clobbered by uber-purple snowbeasts.

ETA:  Apparently not my bad.  Open presents with caution!

Edited by Grouchybeast
Don't want to get anyone eaten by snowbeasts!

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

My 50 was in KR last night (I still remember the present pattern) and I click they were uber grey (don't remember level) but I do clean them up because they are still probably at the high end of the level limit for that zone and could cause problems for some hero.  Plus I have so many alts that have zero winter event badges that I need the Horde kills anyway.

• Like 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, High Beam Prime (someone else has her non OG name)

13 hours ago, Snarky said:

Are you saying it would be a Snarky (TM, pat. Pend.) thing to do?

With a team of 8 they will spawn a full group with LTs and bosses.  Setting your notoriety to x8 might work also.

Its useful for.....farming winter horde.

• Like 1

If you open up enough presents, leaving the beasts behind ...

It will cause an avalanche that will fill the zone ...

Making it unavailable for a time

• Haha 3

Forums  - a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

"it will be a forum for consumers to exchange their views on medical research"

Spam Response- Spam, in the context of cybersecurity, refers to any unsolicited and often irrelevant or inappropriate messages sent over the internet. 

On 12/6/2022 at 7:53 PM, Zhym said:

So, I get that...but I took a level 10 to Imperial City which is a level 9-14 zone. I clicked on a present and for some reason was expecting them to not have a level, and just be whatever level I was - but they were level 14. I was on a drop-challenge character that wasn't allowed to slot anything, aside from what drops. So, with next to no armor, I wasn't sticking around for that. I figure they'll despawn after a couple of minutes. 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Ukase said:

So, I get that...but I took a level 10 to Imperial City which is a level 9-14 zone. I clicked on a present and for some reason was expecting them to not have a level, and just be whatever level I was - but they were level 14. I was on a drop-challenge character that wasn't allowed to slot anything, aside from what drops. So, with next to no armor, I wasn't sticking around for that. I figure they'll despawn after a couple of minutes. 

It is a challenge.  Die and re roll you coward

• Haha 6

12 minutes ago, Ukase said:

I was doing some testing in AP, and the present spawns seem to reflect the threat level of that particular area - so opening a present close to Ms. Liberty yields like level 1-3 enemies, but in the red zone they were like 5-6.  Perhaps you were in the top-end section of Imperial City when you opened that present.

• Thumbs Up 2

55 minutes ago, Ukase said:

If you can't defeat the spawns, that's one thing.  But just leaving them to be someone else's problem is decidedly outside the spirit of the season.

Unless you're a villain, in which case selfishness is totally in character.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

7 hours ago, Zhym said:

But just leaving them to be someone else's problem is decidedly outside the spirit of the season.

Do you know what else is in the spirit of the season?

Forgiveness.

It's not going to kill any of us to clean up a stray present spawn here and there, or go around them on the way to the next present, and the people who abandoned the spawns didn't do so with malicious intent, they were just excited and a little irresponsible.  Be joyful that we have presents to open and leftovers to be upset about, think charitable thoughts for those who don't clean up after themselves and get on with the business of being cheerful and enjoying the event.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

Just to add, even if you have to clean up after someone else, Snow beasts occasionally drop Candy Cane Salvage when defeated, so it is not without reward.

Still finishing what you started is the right thing to do, nobodies Mother ( That I'm aware of ) is here to clean up after us, lol.

• Thumbs Up 3

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X