Rich Toon Exploits

Snarky

I do not do a lot of “hard mode” content.   I never liked the 800+ AE series.  I have run a few Dr Aeon on regular.  One master (forgot to bring Becky last 20 feet sigh…). One something star Aeon (one was enough) a couple 2 star ITFs.  I am no expert on hard mode content

But I noticed this thing.   On a 2 star ITF tier 3 inspirations are disabled.  Right?     Hmmmm….not so fast.   Regular tier 3 inspirations are disabled.  “Team” tier 3s are fine.  And guess what?  If you have bought a few Winter and Hero packs you probably have a little trove of those.  Sitting in your e-mail.  Accessible during the fight as you burn through them.   

Just another exploit available to those who got to buy thousands of Winter packs at deep discounts.   This game, like life, favors those who are rich and got here first.   Behind most “we need to do this extreme hard mode” post is a person sitting on a ton of exploits the team they are rounding up may have no idea exists

This is why I play chess.  You want to compete. Fine.  Lets have fun.  I am not the best player.  But I am not bad.  And there is no way to cheat. Except the guy I caught putting  pieces back on the board (I let him get away with it…those pieces were useless to his strategy…)

Edited by Snarky
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

42 minutes ago, Snarky said:

This is why I play chess.  You want to compete. Fine.  Lets have fun.  I am not the best player.  But I am not bad.  And there is no way to cheat. Except the guy I caught putting  pieces back on the board (I let him get away with it…those pieces were useless to his strategy…)

Less cheating for “in-person” chess. Computer chess, cheating is easily available to the wickedly minded. For in-person, you need an earpiece or (allegedly) an insertable. I guess that’s still fun should interests align…

• Thumbs Up 1

The Splintered Soul Project: (Nyght****) 21 and counting (18 max). 

DSorrow: “Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

2 hours ago, Snarky said:

Vibrating anal beads

People will always game the system. No matter what it is they will always seek extra advantage.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

2 hours ago, Snarky said:

I do not do a lot of “hard mode” content.   I never liked the 800+ AE series.  I have run a few Dr Aeon on regular.  One master (forgot to bring Becky last 20 feet sigh…). One something star Aeon (one was enough) a couple 2 star ITFs.  I am no expert on hard mode content

But I noticed this thing.   On a 2 star ITF tier 3 inspirations are disabled.  Right?     Hmmmm….not so fast.   Regular tier 3 inspirations are disabled.  “Team” tier 3s are fine.  And guess what?  If you have bought a few Winter and Hero packs you probably have a little trove of those.  Sitting in your e-mail.  Accessible during the fight as you burn through them.   

Just another exploit available to those who got to buy thousands of Winter packs at deep discounts.   This game, like life, favors those who are rich and got here first.   Behind most “we need to do this extreme hard mode” post is a person sitting on a ton of exploits the team they are rounding up may have no idea exists

Chess is a really great strategy game! - I think it is almost a little unfair comparison to modern MMOs - even to the nearly twenty year old City of Heroes. Then again, there are different mechanics, but the strategy of defeating you opponent by making the right choices before they do is still the same in both games.

• Thumbs Up 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

On 12/30/2022 at 7:37 AM, Snarky said:

“Team” tier 3s are fine.  And guess what?  If you have bought a few Winter and Hero packs you probably have a little trove of those.  Sitting in your e-mail.  Accessible during the fight as you burn through them.   

Just another exploit available to those who got to buy thousands of Winter packs at deep discounts.

I would like to point out that anyone can get these for FREE.

They do not occur as random drops *BY DEFAULT*.  All you have to do is go to the Pay To Win vendor and turn on team inspiration drops.  Then you will get them as random drops and also from the Inner Inspiration power.  I always turn on the team inspiration drops for all my tanks.

Besides, the game is supposed to be easy.  As they guy says in one of those parody videos:

"But casual friendly doesn't mean easy mode."
"BULL****!  I should be able to face-roll my keyboard and STILL win!"

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

i play my alts permanently stacked with T3/T4 insps and more backups in email where needed - it‘s why i don’t build for defense, my dom is stronger than any tank as it’s permanently juiced up to the eyeballs with insps 💉

i’ve considered playing my next alt “sober” for a different style of play

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, MoonSheep said:

i play my alts permanently stacked with T3/T4 insps and more backups in email where needed - it‘s why i don’t build for defense, my dom is stronger than any tank as it’s permanently juiced up to the eyeballs with insps 💉

i’ve considered playing my next alt “sober” for a different style of play

I love the enthusiasm... but, yeah, no.  My Ice/Ice Tank (not the toughest, but great) is insanely unkillable compared to any Dom....and is pretty much an AoE Dom.  once something is pulled in they will never escape orbit

• Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, Snarky said:

I love the enthusiasm... but, yeah, no.  My Ice/Ice Tank (not the toughest, but great) is insanely unkillable compared to any Dom....and is pretty much an AoE Dom.  once something is pulled in they will never escape orbit

you are underestimating my ability to mash those F keys during times of chaos 😛

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Snarky said:

In my experience, tanks come in a few general varieties.

Type 1. Large. Loud. Made of metal. Really terrible gas mileage. Most often armed with a cannon of some sort. Effectiveness varies according to country of origin and design.

Type 2. Begins every battle by leaping Testicles first into the fray with a loud cry of "FOR VALHALLA". Doesn't wield weapons, only dual wields the corpses of his fallen enemies. Swings both them and his scrotum around in combat. Doesn't have blood, but molten iron runs through his veins. Is so metal that his very presence causes infants to sprout full length beards and 6 pack abs. Drinking buddy of Chuck Norris. Beat the God Aries in a Thumb War. Often dog lovers. Can often be identified by their Kilts and Beer Hat.

Type 3. Leisurely strolls through the mission. Allows weaker enemies to wither and perish all on their own, pausing to occasionally bonk minor threats on the noggin, or best them with a finger flick. Whistling a minor tune, makes a mental note to pick up milk on the way home. Pauses to help the guard with a crossword puzzle on the way to the big bad evil guys room. Slaps them around and retrieves the plot mcguffin. Returns home only to remember they forgot the milk. Often great sources of insight to fights, and often have a calm good natured character.

Type 4. Snarky. Both the English language as well as available space here are woefully insufficient to adequately convey. Please see appendix XVII, attachment 7, and reference 9.b.

Edited by Neiska
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, biostem said:

Wasn't there that one case where that guy was allegedly being sent moves via a remote-controlled thing up his bum?

Actually there is a current “world class” player who is at the center of such a scandal.  

I am sure the authorities will get to the bottom of things…

• Haha 6

• 2 weeks later
On 12/30/2022 at 9:47 AM, Scarlet Shocker said:

Vibrating anal beads

People will always game the system. No matter what it is they will always seek extra advantage.

That was the strangest news story when it broke. When I heard it on the radio I didn't believe it at first.

At least they were creative in how they cheated. Now I imagine any big stakes poker game will have to scan people's rear ends for potential cheating.

• Haha 2

On 12/31/2022 at 11:39 PM, Ironblade said:

I would like to point out that anyone can get these for FREE.

They do not occur as random drops *BY DEFAULT*.  All you have to do is go to the Pay To Win vendor and turn on team inspiration drops.  Then you will get them as random drops and also from the Inner Inspiration power.  I always turn on the team inspiration drops for all my tanks.

Besides, the game is supposed to be easy.  As they guy says in one of those parody videos:

"But casual friendly doesn't mean easy mode."
"BULL****!  I should be able to face-roll my keyboard and STILL win!"

That's technically correct; however, you're also missing the point. The real power of team insps (and other super pack goodies) lies not in having them in the tray, but in character items which allows you to claim an unlimited stream of them even mid-combat. It's how solo STF runs are done.

Agreed that this game is easy mode, though, including "hard mode".

• Like 1

On 12/31/2022 at 8:39 AM, Ironblade said:

All you have to do is go to the Pay To Win vendor and turn on team inspiration drops.  Then you will get them as random drops and also from the Inner Inspiration power.  I always turn on the team inspiration drops for all my tanks.

I actually did not know this, huh.  Granted, I've made it this far without, but it's a good thing to know.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

15 hours ago, SeraphimKensai said:

That was the strangest news story when it broke. When I heard it on the radio I didn't believe it at first.

At least they were creative in how they cheated. Now I imagine any big stakes poker game will have to scan people's rear ends for potential cheating.

You'll never want a straight flush again! 🤣

• Haha 2

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

4 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

I actually did not know this, huh.  Granted, I've made it this far without, but it's a good thing to know.

yeah, the only problem is they do not combine.  so they can clog trays imo.  i tend to shunt them to AH and claim a bunch before a tough mission or use them to prop up a weak team.  but thousands in claimable email?  priceless

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/30/2022 at 6:37 AM, Snarky said:

I play chess, too. Once, I saw my opponent take his bishop from g6 to b2 in an effort to capture a pawn and threaten my lazy rook that was still in the corner. 
If you look at a chess board, you can see that a "white" bishop (nothing racist there, it's the bishop that is allowed to travel on the white colored squares, diagonally) doesn't get to suddenly become a "black" bishop. (Nothing racist there, either. It simply denotes the bishop that travels on the dark squares. Not sure why they don't use dark bishop and light bishop. It's just the terminology used in chess.) 

As for the rich player "hacks", It can be difficult to find the specific inspirations you're looking for, particularly mid-fight! 
Just for me, when I play, all the purples are lucks. The yellows, I don't refer to them as "insights" or "imbuements", just yellows. Same with reds. 
So, when I see all these various names, I know they tend to be in alphabetical order, but I rarely know the specific name for them and always struggle to find them. If I think about it, I try to raid the email before the fighting starts, but even then, I'd use what's in the tray and struggle to pull the right ones from email. 

Not that I'm rich or anything...

• Like 1

On 12/31/2022 at 10:44 AM, MoonSheep said:

my dom is stronger than any of my tanks. I can't speak for anyone else's, because almost everyone will have a different build with different capabilities. After all, it's not like a tank can't also use dozens of inspirations as easily as my dom. 

Fixed that for you. 

• Haha 4