Sitting in a fire….

Snarky

Fastest (and this word is grudgingly used) way to get the big damage done to you badges

A friend clued me in a couple months ago.  I am a half hearted badger.  I do few things with a full heart in truth.  I have one character with all the damage taken badges.  Another friend had two healers spam heals on me while i sat in the apex lava.  Took 3 nights if I remember 

If you do the Mercy missions one of the buildings is on fire permanently.  Step 1

join a AE arc then head to Mercy.   Position at the fire and hit rest. Step 2

there is not much of a step 3. Wait forever

I did this on a Brute and it went pretty fast like a week i think?   My Corruptor does not have the health and so is only able to handle 1/3 the damage.  (Depending on how many fires you interact with determines damage).  So this one will prob take a month

If you see a vampire kneeling in a fire on Mercy….

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

These and the healing badges are the worst in the game.

They were explicitly put in by Jack Emmert as a middle finger to badge hunters. He wanted them to be basically impossible to earn via normal gameplay.  Sitting in a fire for a week straight because Statesman was grumpy one week back in 2004 is pretty abberant game design.

All those badges could use a review and a change from an exponential progression to a linear one that, say, topped out at 1,000,000 damage taken. A player might actually take a decent percentage of that 1,000,000 damage in normal gameplay.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

11 minutes ago, PoptartsNinja said:

They were explicitly put in by Jack Emmert as a middle finger to badge hunters. He wanted them to be basically impossible to earn via normal gameplay.  Sitting in a fire for a week straight because Statesman was grumpy one week back in 2004 is pretty abberant game design.

All those badges could use a review and a change from an exponential progression to a linear one that, say, topped out at 1,000,000 damage taken. A player might actually take a decent percentage of that 1,000,000 damage in normal gameplay.

Agreed.

The rikti monkees badge used to obscenely high

• Thumbs Up 1

/e poofgone

1 hour ago, Captain Fabulous said:

Where are these fires in Mercy?

In some of the damaged areas, nearish Mongoose?

I did the damage taken badge using this method.   One thing I found was occasionally the fires go out, though iirc it was when I got disconnected.   WP scrapper that had a high enough regen to sit in a dbl fire without help is good, but it still took almost a week.

That badger is still working on the damage done badge.  Less than 10m to go!

14 minutes ago, PoptartsNinja said:

I got the healing badge pretty easily by using Rebirth at Hami raids and MSRs.  And that was on a blaster.  The damage taken and mezzed badges are the ones I found to be silly, because you're shouldn't have much of either of those going on in your regular gameplay (tanks and damage taken maybe).  I had to farm both of those with the methods pointed out in the thread linked above.

• Like 1

Play my AE Adventures, listed under @Jiro Ito, including award winners:

"The Headless Huntsman of Salamanca" #43870 **Scrapbot AE Contest Winner May 2022**           

"On the Claw-Tipped Wings of Betrayal" #43524 **November 2021 Dev's Choice**  

"The Defenders of Talos" #44578 **Mission Architect Competition Winner for October 2021: REBIRTH**  

It's actually even harder for tanks, brutes, and etc. to earn the damage taken badges in normal play due to their resistance/defense toggles.

It's a weird perverse scenario where the thing they're best at (mitigating incoming damage) is the thing they get the least credit for doing, because those badges don't track incoming damage they track how much that incoming damage made your healthbar move.

Edited by PoptartsNinja

3 hours ago, Captain Fabulous said:

Can these badges be earned in AE? Like could you create a custom map with just what you need to get these badges done, for example, fires, CoT crystals, Sappers, etc.?

I don't think so, along with the Longbow Warden healing badge trick.  I know for sure defeat badges cannot be earned in AE.  The thread Glacier Peak snipped above has all the best tricks for efficiency.

Play my AE Adventures, listed under @Jiro Ito, including award winners:

"The Headless Huntsman of Salamanca" #43870 **Scrapbot AE Contest Winner May 2022**           

"On the Claw-Tipped Wings of Betrayal" #43524 **November 2021 Dev's Choice**  

"The Defenders of Talos" #44578 **Mission Architect Competition Winner for October 2021: REBIRTH**  

3 hours ago, Captain Fabulous said:

Can these badges be earned in AE? Like could you create a custom map with just what you need to get these badges done, for example, fires, CoT crystals, Sappers, etc.?

AE damage does not count.

5 hours ago, Captain Fabulous said:

Read through the thread that Glacier Perk linked. You have to complete an arc to turn on the fires in Mercy.

Otherwise, you cannot see them till you complete the arc.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Captain Fabulous said:

One of the mission arcs in Mercy you blow up a building.  I am honestly not sure if this is the building.  The friend that told me about it in December said you needed to have completed every Mercy arc for them to be there.  I have not play tested it.  Prob wont.  Maybe I will lazily look next time I run that arc, if I remember

I am unaware of any requirement to 'see' some fires in Mercy.

There is usually some wrecked building on fire. Find a double or triple fire (typically on a roof of a wrecked building) and figure out how to Rest without getting interrupted (there are a number of ways).

I like to have a full tray of medium greens and use them as needed. (forgot this i no longer an option)

It's never taken a week, but then I don't bother until I'm around level 30.

Here's a lvl 1 with no missions completed

image.png.f78e89233aab60856b8a1b55edf9bead.png

The view from the bottom of the elevators

image.png.c1213fe14878e368ac95be241455f175.png

yummy

image.png.37813d79cec7559ae925452ee3266e6a.png

Edited by Troo
  • Thumbs Up 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

7 hours ago, PoptartsNinja said:

Use the Gladiator arena thing with an alt account

Its been over a decade since I did it but its another AFK thing.  both need some Kill X Gladiator badge.

I wanna say Longbow Warden

12 hours ago, Lazarus said:

alot of COT maps have dam. aura crystals in then,. If ur lucky u may find a dam. and a regen 1 close enough to use both at same time.

They do "special" damage which is unresistable and fixed. Rest won't make you take more from them. If you're really lucky you might find 2 or more overlapping reds.

• Thanks 1

On 2/3/2023 at 8:36 PM, kelika2 said:

Use the Gladiator arena thing with an alt account

Its been over a decade since I did it but its another AFK thing.  both need some Kill X Gladiator badge.

I wanna say Longbow Warden

It used to be called 'Longbow Warden 2'.  The name was changed to 'Longbow Defender'.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.