What's the smallest change to CoX that you really want?

DougGraves

1. Removal of the level cap on all Contacts

Once I hit that minimum level requirement for a Contact, I want to be able to do their content without worrying about outlevelling them.

2. The ability to decline Contact introductions

Being forced to accept Jim Temblor's introduction to an old-school Contact in order to gain access to Penelope Yin and the content that follows after infuriates me every time. I would love to the ability to decline an introduction permanently so I can focus on playing content I enjoy without having a messy, incomplete Contact list.

3. The Ability to Dismiss Conctacts

We can do it for Detective Contacts. I'd like that option for all Contacts. Twinshot, for example, I'd happily dismiss on most of my characters if the option were available.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Steyrharquebus said:

Being forced to accept Jim Temblor's introduction to an old-school Contact in order to gain access to Penelope Yin and the content that follows after infuriates me every time.

Not to mention that if you outlevel him before talking to him, he'll just stay in your 'active' contacts forever -- but if you've hit 27 before talking to him, you have to run the entire length of Faultline, because he'll say he doesn't have anything for you and introduce you to Penelope Yin... who will say she doesn't have anything for you and introduce you to Doc Delilah... who will say she doesn't have anything for you and introduce you to Agent G... who will say that you're too powerful, and it would be too dangerous for him to give you any of his missions. And stopping partway through the list just leaves the last contact you were sent to in your active list forever.

If a contact line ends before 50 (i.e., contact A introduces you to contact B, but contact B doesn't introduce you to anyone), then if you outlevel contact B before talking to contact A, they should just say something like "I don't know anyone whose problems are difficult enough to be worth your time" and become inactive, rather than passing you down a line of contacts that you have to talk to and get the same brushoff. It may not be possible for some contact lines, because of the way they merge at the higher levels (A —> B —> C —> D, but you may have been introduced to D by another contact before talking to A, so if you have outleveled C before talking to A, C is now a dead end). Still, it would be nice if the contacts were more aware of who they know and their level ranges.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, srmalloy said:

Not to mention that if you outlevel him before talking to him, he'll just stay in your 'active' contacts forever -- but if you've hit 27 before talking to him, you have to run the entire length of Faultline, because he'll say he doesn't have anything for you and introduce you to Penelope Yin... who will say she doesn't have anything for you and introduce you to Doc Delilah... who will say she doesn't have anything for you and introduce you to Agent G... who will say that you're too powerful, and it would be too dangerous for him to give you any of his missions. And stopping partway through the list just leaves the last contact you were sent to in your active list forever.

If a contact line ends before 50 (i.e., contact A introduces you to contact B, but contact B doesn't introduce you to anyone), then if you outlevel contact B before talking to contact A, they should just say something like "I don't know anyone whose problems are difficult enough to be worth your time" and become inactive, rather than passing you down a line of contacts that you have to talk to and get the same brushoff. It may not be possible for some contact lines, because of the way they merge at the higher levels (A —> B —> C —> D, but you may have been introduced to D by another contact before talking to A, so if you have outleveled C before talking to A, C is now a dead end). Still, it would be nice if the contacts were more aware of who they know and their level ranges.

That's certainly one solution, although, ultimately, removing the level cap from all Contacts would be preferable for me.

From a story-telling standpoint, I've never really understood the rationale behind "these threats aren't worth your time, hero". Crime is crime, and threats to the lives and safety of citizens need a response - why shoud a Contact care what level you are? Iconic superheroes regularly combat B, C and D-list villains regardless of their own power level and it's not uncommon to see foes - once thought to be a minor threat - return to challenge a hero in new, unexpected ways. I've no issue with facing high level Hellions or Skulls. I just want the arbitrary restriction on content accessiblity lifted.

I'd like to move a contact to the inactive category because I've chosen to do so, or because I've taken the time to complete all the content they have to offer.

Edited by Steyrharquebus
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Steyrharquebus said:

From a story-telling standpoint, I've never really understood the rationale behind "these threats aren't worth your time, hero". Crime is crime, and threats to the lives and safety of citizens need a response - why shoud a Contact care what level you are?

Remember that it's "City of Heroes" -- there are other heroes in the city who would benefit more from the experience of defeating those lower-level opponents. And you have to remember the secret agenta -- Paragon City is a secret training site for producing powerful, skilled superpowered agents who will be employed in a much larger, as-yet-undisclosed plan; letting you mop the floor with a bunch of opponents who are no challenge doesn't improve your skills the way that a lower-level hero would use the experience, so the goal is to keep you moving to higher and higher levels of difficulty. You don't think all of these superpowered and supernatural gangs and organizations came here on their own to be beaten up and foiled again and again, did you? Just remember, this is *whrrr* *click* definitely not a Nemesis plot. We hope.

We need to be able to choose hats for Animal heads, which doesn't currently seem possible.

I would also dearly love to have 2 VEAT costume slots for every veat character even if it's just a "hat on/hat off" option

• Thumbs Up 2

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

12 hours ago, hakurr said:

Travel powers to be free (not taking up a slot) but you get them at 14 and can only choose from 1 power set this would keep people from taking all of them

at least we got fitness. that plus the manditory kick/tough/weave on squishies meant a lot of power choice loss.

you can make do without a travel power, i often do.  justy wolfy run and a sprint, a jump and run io in swift and hurdle. a steam pack for big tall walls.

Star Eye face texture variation for the right eye.

Rib Cracker animation as an alternate option for Cross Punch, Shin Breaker, or Assassin's Strike on Stalkers.

Mastermind Thugs' pistol animations as alternate options for DP's Pistols, Dual Wield, & Empty Clips.

Thunderstrike/Incandescent Strike's animation times standardized to the same length as Total Focus.

Tintable Vulnerability fx for Sents.

More stuff with doppelgangers of your character.

1) This is stupid but.....costume option of a pulled back hood. Either within costume options of backpack or mantle/cloak option that looks like the hood of a hoodie/jumper or cowl hanging from the shoulders onto the upper back. Maybe not small or even possible. I don't know, but it's been bugging me ever since COH came back.

image.png.bad46b8937481514b03728df2c831b92.png

2) More powers having "minimum FX" effects. A lot of powers completely obscure normal/average sized heroes.

3) The option to purchase more temporary "gadgets" from P2W; like infrared goggles, or the zappy anti-robot gauntlets. I have a gadgeteer character with no gadgets. I keep trying to do safeguards but either don't get a temp power when halting the weapon sale, and when you do get it, it's often a sucky power like Chameleon suit (that basically is just stealth you can pick as a full-time power). IR goggles are the shiznet when you're going up against Trantula mistresses or night widows and you have no yellow inspires. 

Edited by Trademarked Name
Added thoughts

Trademarked Name (@Trademark)

Hocus-Pocus, Assault, Joan (of Atlas), Homunculous, Ensorcellress, Seismic, Wolfin, J0LT, The Limit, Transparency, Fastball, Loremaster, Monkey-Boy, Presto Chango, Kazam

2 things, dunno how small this is tho...

1. AT/Power respecs, whether its changing a completely different power sets within an AT or jumping to a different AT. 

2. Not outleveling contacts... I know we have oroborous but my OCD/neurodivergent  brain doesn't like the idea of not being able to complete all zone contacts 

• Thumbs Up 1

Not sure how small, or they'd have done it already, but:

* Pet health bar window for non-MM pets. Temps, troller pets, whatever. Just give me a bar I can target to follow or heal. Doesn't even need the MM "set to aggressive, passive, follow," etc. Just let me know if my pet is lost or dead in the middle of the flying, flashing powers (cough, MSR) so I can figure out if I should summon a new one.

(EDIT -- never mind, found out this is already possible)

* Purple VR set for Healing. Someone else mentioned for Fear & Threat, too. Sure. Spread the love.

* +1 to the "costume change emote sticks between logins"

EDIT:

* Rebalancing the Merit Rewards for GMs. Basically, the ones that are more of a chore (Lusca, Seed of Hamidon) get slightly more than the standard ones (Jurassik, Kraken, Adamastor... why he's special, I don't know.)

* Titan Weapons that include a less bells-and-whistles warhammer, a tetsubo/kanabo, a no-dachi, two-handed claymore or zwiehander, or whatever the Chinese term is for a huge honking sword, because they definitely had them. More historical Natural Hero, less anime fantasy hero -- those are covered.

* A generic spear option for Staff Fighting. The current one looks like a naginata or glaive. Spear. Super basic. Every culture has one.

Edited by Milk Sheik
  • Thumbs Up 1

Refight the Trojan War and stop Arachnos in the time-traveling "Dr. Aeon and the Wrath of Achilles," 5 missions full of heroic allies and smash/lethal EBs, AE#31899!

Torchbearer Greek & Roman theme SG and coalition -- "Polias" -- always looking for new members!

8 hours ago, Milk Sheik said:

* Pet health bar window for non-MM pets. Temps, troller pets, whatever. Just give me a bar I can target to follow or heal. Doesn't even need the MM "set to aggressive, passive, follow," etc. Just let me know if my pet is lost or dead in the middle of the flying, flashing powers (cough, MSR) so I can figure out if I should summon a new one.

This already exists. Just activate the pet window in options. Works for controller/dominator pets and Dark Servant.  

• Like 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

3 hours ago, Uun said:

This already exists. Just activate the pet window in options. Works for controller/dominator pets and Dark Servant.  

Just tried that on my stone/rad troller and at first I thought it didn't work, but then I read you've got to go to the Team window and click on Pets. Got it working now, thanks. Does it work for temp pets? Because it'd be sweet to see my Shivan's health too.

Edited by Milk Sheik

Refight the Trojan War and stop Arachnos in the time-traveling "Dr. Aeon and the Wrath of Achilles," 5 missions full of heroic allies and smash/lethal EBs, AE#31899!

Torchbearer Greek & Roman theme SG and coalition -- "Polias" -- always looking for new members!

30 minutes ago, Milk Sheik said:

Just tried that on my stone/rad troller and at first I thought it didn't work, but then I read you've got to go to the Team window and click on Pets. Got it working now, thanks. Does it work for temp pets? Because it'd be sweet to see my Shivan's health too.

Yes. Anything that gets classified as a pet, including those P2W boost ones will show up in that window. Lore Pets for sure because they can be controlled like MM henchmen. If you run a traps character, things like acid mortar show up there.

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

1 hour ago, TygerDarkstorm said:

Yes. Anything that gets classified as a pet, including those P2W boost ones will show up in that window. Lore Pets for sure because they can be controlled like MM henchmen. If you run a traps character, things like acid mortar show up there.

Summons are a little wonky. Acid Mortar and Force Field Generator will show up, but Triage Beacon won't. Spectral Terror, Phantom Army and Shades show up but Carrion Creepers won't.

• Like 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

One tiny thing I'd like to see changed is to have rubber pads put on the feet of the Robotics henchmen; listening to them clanging around advertising their presence to anything with ears gets annoying (not to mention the lack of traction they would have on wet or icy surfaces, and the treads required to correct that would chew up floors and roads — not good for a hero character). Unfortunately, since — like all the other footsteps in the game — there are different footfall audio files for different ground surfaces, I a) don't have good replacement files for all of them, and b) don't know the full set of which files I would need to replace.

• Thumbs Up 1