Hacker on Live Servers (You have been warned, you cannot unsee this...ever.)

Solarverse

A little throwback to live servers, video quality is crap, 480p, but, this was a hacker on Freedom server. Not sure if he was ever caught or not, but this was the most creepy thing I had ever seen in game in all my years playing it.

Remember, once you hit the play button, you cannot unsee this and you will never be the same again.

You have been warned.

• Haha 2

Just seeing the thumbnail image behind the play button is enough that I remember when this happened, someone found a way to exploit an aspect of the character creation process (if I remember right having something to do with costume files?) which resulted in some... nightmare fueled creations for a few days.

• Like 1

Reminds me of those spindly arm and leg looking aliens from Close Encounters of the Third Kind . . . great film but freaking nightmare fuel.

• Haha 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

I’m getting a real Rudy Giuliani vibe from this. Bu I could only watch for about 10 seconds…

• Haha 2

The Splintered Soul Project: (Nyght****) 21 and counting (18 max). 

DSorrow: “Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

5 hours ago, Skyhawke said:

Now, the question is: How many beers? 😏

Na, top shelf or nothin!

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

I recall a story that I heard back in the live days:  someone found a similar way to get really tall, like the entire character model, not just the parts, and they were standing around playing dumb "I dunno man, it just happened or something!"  They got banned.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

6 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

I recall a story that I heard back in the live days:  someone found a similar way to get really tall, like the entire character model, not just the parts, and they were standing around playing dumb "I dunno man, it just happened or something!"  They got banned.

That's a shame, but at the same time, if I had stumbled across something that allowed me to do that, I would think long and hard before doing it. Well, not really, that would be an instant "nope" for me, but...lol.

• Like 1