Did Paragon City Ban any cars made after 2013 or so?

Zep

Out of nostalgia I suppose.

Flying around Peregrine working on a 1/2 bar to level they all looked old tonight. 

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

** Corsair Voyager a1600 **

have you seen the computers with the CRT monitors?  or a thousand other details?  

Paragon, the Rogue Isles, Praetoria... It is all locked in a time bubble.  I do not think the Menders in ouro did it.  Maybe they are aware of it to some extent.  But there are greater powers who can manipulate time and space.  They have chosen to encapsulate the tangled mess of the timestream.  Probably due to the inter planar war and perhaps the Menders non stop fiddling.  Oh, and hundreds of thousands of heroes and villains bopping back and forth through time.

It's like how Gotham City is both a 1930s noir setting with police blimps and everyone dressed like they're headed to a speakeasy, and a modern metropolis (not that one) with maglev trains and 5G cell coverage.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

Formerly of Virtue, now on Excelsior:

Ace of Spades Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival The BeBlackbelt Citizen Arcane Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs Diamant Freak Accident Galactrix Great White Shark

Heavy Machinery Highway Star The Howl Inter-GalacticaIon Maiden Knockout Artist Krakatoa Night's Templar The Pact Paroled McDonald Virtual Boy Volcaniac White Widow Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Cyber-Security (Shield Defense/Street Justice tanker, 16 March 2024)

fun fact: All the cars in Paragon are pedal powered. There are no filling stations there. And you can't drive to Pocket D

• Like 1

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

1 hour ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

fun fact: All the cars in Paragon are pedal powered. There are no filling stations there. And you can't drive to Pocket D

If you cant drive to pocket D why are there trucks in it?

2 hours ago, Go0gleplex said:

They use the ugliest possible models as well since insurance companies refuse to provide coverage due to the frequency in which vandals and clockwork destroy them throughout the city. 

City of Beater Cars. I'd play it.

Sky-Hawke: Rad/WP Brute

Alts galore. So...soooo many alts.

Originally Pinnacle Server, then Indomitable and now Excelsior

These cars don't look like they even made it past 1980, these are all 70s boats for the most part.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

15 hours ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

It's true.  Manny's is just an empty shell, no wonder it's boarded up.

On 6/1/2023 at 1:13 PM, Zep said:

Out of nostalgia I suppose.

Flying around Peregrine working on a 1/2 bar to level they all looked old tonight. 

Times have been tough in Paragon and across the planet in the aftermath of what happened with the rikti. Place isnt exactly thriving.

• 4 weeks later

My guess is that they're likely parked on some salt flat somewhere still waiting on the cars' computer chips. 

On 6/1/2023 at 9:25 PM, Clave Dark 5 said:

These cars don't look like they even made it past 1980, these are all 70s boats for the most part.

What's wrong with the 1970s? Cars, I mean. Let's not discuss the rest.  

My former 1979 Chrysler New Yorker drove like a dream.  It was a great car if you overlooked the lack of more elegant aerodynamic designs and it's tendancy to drink gasoline like...uh...whatever drinks gasoline.

On 6/1/2023 at 6:25 PM, Clave Dark 5 said:

Definitely!  Some of the semi's I've seen remind me of the LTI trucks (shipping company my gramps worked for in the 60's-70's)  The rest of 'em seem right out of the 50's era give or take a few years. Those 70's boats are the rich folks' rides. 😄 

OH! There's an idea!  We can replace the motors in those gas guzzlers with electric ones and then plug in one of the 'lectric freaks to power it as a reform program! 😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Techwright said:

What's wrong with the 1970s? Cars, I mean. Let's not discuss the rest. 

Nothing!  Friend of mine back in the 80s had some model of I think 70s Caddy that was at the time still, the longest car manufactured in the US.  It was a boat and a half, but was really comfy.  Terrible gas mileage though.

• Thumbs Up 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Cars?

What about the BUSSES? Has anyone, and I mean anyone, seen a bus driving around anywhere, stopping at the bus stops at all to pick up anyone? Nope, not I. Heck, I would love to see anyone in the city standing at a bus stop alone lol. It's almost like I can hear the discussion in my poor head from the powers that be about bussing around in Paragon City...

Person 1: "Finally, we have lots of bus stops for our happy citizens to get around our awesome city! Public transportation at its finest. Now let's get busy on making busses! Wait... what? We have a public rail system??? Oh hell! There goes that idea. Hey pete, tell the factories to stop preparing to make busses! Yeah, I know... it's a pain in the butt! Someone should have told us before we took the time, and money, to make all of these bus stops, which are totally useless now. Oh well, onto the next item on the agenda... Airports! So, you know, our fine citizens can actually leave the city and travel abroad. Wait... what???" 😲

Nuff said...

Please come and join us on Friday at 2pm Central Time for our Friday Fashion Costume Contest (see the link below). We all hope to see you, yes YOU, there... And if you also wish to join our happy group, the Celestial Warriors SG, please feel free to join our Discord (see link below), and/or contact GL herself (Global is @Laucianna), or any of us if we are on in fact... 🙂

Friday Fashion Costume Contest On Excelsior (2pm Central Time)...

The Celestial Warriors Discord Channel...

On 6/1/2023 at 5:18 AM, Mjolnerd said:

It's like how Gotham City is both a 1930s noir setting with police blimps and everyone dressed like they're headed to a speakeasy, and a modern metropolis (not that one) with maglev trains and 5G cell coverage.

Or the Fallout franchise.  Its one of the reasons I love the world that is Paragon City.

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

16 hours ago, Go0gleplex said:

Definitely!  Some of the semi's I've seen remind me of the LTI trucks (shipping company my gramps worked for in the 60's-70's) ...

Notice the license plates have NAD?  It does not mean "Not A Decepticon", despite what some rumors say.  😉  

7 hours ago, BjorJlen said:

What about the BUSSES? Has anyone, and I mean anyone, seen a bus driving around anywhere, stopping at the bus stops at all to pick up anyone? Nope, not I. Heck, I would love to see anyone in the city standing at a bus stop alone

I think you answered your own question.  Just try being an ordinary citizen standing alone at a bus stop for 15-20 minutes in this city.

(Actually, that might make an interesting mini-game.  Play an ordinary citizen, see how long you last through a set of daily routine instructions:  wait at the bus stop, walk to lunch, survive an attack in your office, etc.)