characters locked

BILLSHOT

okay so i have not played in a long time because i had 5 level 50 characters and 4 of which the accounts have been locked, must be a copyright issue with the names... i am willing to rename them whatever it takes i just wanted to login and play some again, but even if i chose to rename them i cannot join the game it says character is blocked by an administrator and kicks me back to the login screen. 

so my question, is there a way to contact these administrator's? is there someone i can email or something to have these characters renamed and unlocked? if so i would really appreciate some information or a nudge in the right direction. otherwise i will probably never play again cuz do not  want to make all new characters when i put alot of time into the 5 i have reached 50 with. any advice or possible solutions would be appreciated 

Go to that bar up top.

image.thumb.png.90ea0ea40f02d3b13acdc52064b6eb75.png

Click on "Support," then "Open new ticket."

• Thanks 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

2 hours ago, BILLSHOT said:

okay so i have not played in a long time because i had 5 level 50 characters and 4 of which the accounts have been locked, must be a copyright issue with the names... 

any advice or possible solutions would be appreciated 

Please, sincerely, do not name or copy the look of other peoples trademarked and copyrighted intellectual property.  This takes a lot of time for the unpaid volunteer staff to deal with.  They want to work on new material….instead someone is constantly having to be on nerf bat patrol….

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Snarky said:

Please, sincerely, do not name or copy the look of other peoples trademarked and copyrighted intellectual property.  This takes a lot of time for the unpaid volunteer staff to deal with.  They want to work on new material….instead someone is constantly having to be on nerf bat patrol….

Do not nerf bats... unless Frank Miller had a hand in it!

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

I could be mistaken, but I believe someone would have had to report the character for any action to be taken regarding their names.  Even then, unless there was something seriously egregious, I doubt your entire account would have been locked.  Is it possible you had some interaction with another player before taking your leave from the game, and that elevated the issue to having said character locked as you're describing?

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Snarky said:

Please, sincerely, do not name or copy the look of other peoples trademarked and copyrighted intellectual property.  This takes a lot of time for the unpaid volunteer staff to deal withBlah blah blah….blah blah...blah blah blah  nerf bat patrol….

*inhales with excitement*

*runs off to make Nerf Batman

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, biostem said:

I doubt your entire account would have been locked.

I was thinking the same thing.  I've never heard of that in response to using the likeness of a copyrighted character.  I thought they just got genericked.  Reading the OP I was wondering what one would have to do to get an account locked.  Repeated character copyright violations?  RMT?  Harassment?  Curious.

Edit: Of course!  Jerk-hacking rares.

Edited by carroto
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, BILLSHOT said:

so my question, is there a way to contact these administrator's? 

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/forum/12-help-amp-support/

Make a post there with the account you are having issues with.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

Hmmm... I am not sure what is going on, but this sounds a bit fishy to me. In all the time I have been playing (since live), I have never heard of any characters being specifically locked out. And to be clear, from what I read in the OP, it is not his account which has been locked out, but only 4 of his 5 characters; with no mention if said locked out characters had their names genericed, which is usually the case. Heck, in most cases where someone has duplicated a copyrighted look (like Superman, or Wolverine for example), the powers that be would just "erase" that look on the character, and put it back to square one, where the player would have to remake its look (hopefully without copying anyone else). Also, to the OP... do you have any other characters (that are not lvl 50 of course), or do you only have those 5? That is unclear to me as well. In either case, just follow the good suggestions of my fellow players above, and hopefully you can get some answers. Good luck... 🙂

Please come and join us on Friday at 6pm Central Time for our Friday Fashion Costume Contest (see the link below). We all hope to see you, yes YOU, there... And if you also wish to join our happy group, the Celestial Warriors SG, please feel free to join our Discord (see link below), and/or contact GL herself (Global is @Laucianna), or any of us if we are on in fact... 🙂

Friday Fashion Costume Contest On Excelsior (6pm Central Time)...

The Celestial Warriors Discord Channel...

2 minutes ago, BjorJlen said:

Hmmm... I am not sure what is going on, but this sounds a bit fishy to me. In all the time I have been playing (since live), I have never heard of any characters being specifically locked out. And to be clear, from what I read in the OP, it is not his account which has been locked out, but only 4 of his 5 characters; with no mention if said locked out characters had their names genericed, which is usually the case. Heck, in most cases where someone has duplicated a copyrighted look (like Superman, or Wolverine for example), the powers that be would just "erase" that look on the character, and put it back to square one, where the player would have to remake its look (hopefully without copying anyone else). Also, to the OP... do you have any other characters (that are not lvl 50 of course), or do you only have those 5? That is unclear to me as well. In either case, just follow the good suggestions of my fellow players above, and hopefully you can get some answers. Good luck... 🙂

I read it twice.  Did he have 5 accounts???  Perhaps the accts were violating some rule about mult accts and/or suspicious comp activities.  I am not a comp vamp so I am unsure.  But the grammar in the OP stated the ACCOUNTS had been locked.  Rather than overthinking it I took it at face value.

1 hour ago, Snarky said:

I read it twice.  Did he have 5 accounts???  Perhaps the accts were violating some rule about mult accts and/or suspicious comp activities.  I am not a comp vamp so I am unsure.  But the grammar in the OP stated the ACCOUNTS had been locked.  Rather than overthinking it I took it at face value.

Holy!   Yeah, I missed totally missed that (thanks @Snarky). Now my peter tingle is buzzing even more lol...

• Thumbs Up 1

Please come and join us on Friday at 6pm Central Time for our Friday Fashion Costume Contest (see the link below). We all hope to see you, yes YOU, there... And if you also wish to join our happy group, the Celestial Warriors SG, please feel free to join our Discord (see link below), and/or contact GL herself (Global is @Laucianna), or any of us if we are on in fact... 🙂

19 minutes ago, GamerKate said:

Multiboxer, I assume?

really hard to tell.  it could be all on one acct and some odd code error as everyone else read.  i read it as accountS as written.  we may never know.  but writing is difficult and conveying actual meaning is harder than it looks.  YOU know what you are trying to say.  The reader?  Really depends.

3 hours ago, Snarky said:

Did he have 5 accounts???

So just doing the basic math here, but the minimum number of accounts here is 3.

On 6/20/2023 at 1:35 PM, BILLSHOT said:

i had 5 level 50 characters and 4 of which the accounts have been locked

Five level 50s, and one of those is on an account that hasn't been locked.

Four of them are on accounts (plural, but unspecified number) that have been locked.  Because OP said accounts, that means more than one was locked, and yes there could have been five total, but those four characters could be spread out on two accounts with 2 on each or 1 and 3 split between two.  Could also be 1, 1, and 2 on 3 locked accounts, as well as a total of 5 accounts with one level 50 on each.

• Thumbs Up 1

True. All I know is that I am very curious to know more details of this, at least to clarify things, but as what the OP asked for has been given (quite well I might add), that more than likely won't happen... unless of course, the OP would like to share what he means in more detail. 🙂

5 hours ago, Snarky said:

I was wondering the exact same thing.

Edit:

I wonder if this is savair's sibling, but instead of being stuck on Talos Island they are stuck on the login screen?

Edited by Oubliette_Red
  • Haha 2

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

No, I know...

It's a Nemesis plot!!! 😁

218px-Nemesis_Staff.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

• Game Master

For any issues like this the best thing to do is to pop a ticket in as mentioned above. 

For obvious reasons we never discuss actions taken/not taken against reported players except with the player involved, but to clarify. Unless it's specifically requested by a player (which happens occasionally) we lock/ban accounts for only the most serious of violations. If a player does something against the rules and keeps doing it (such as creating IP violations then renaming them back repeatedly) the chances are they get a small three day holiday. To get a permanent ban it has to be something serious.

We aren't monsters though and we try to work with the player before that happens. If your account is banned then you can appeal and put your case. You may have a point. You may not. But the lead GM's and admins will investigate thoroughly.

We don't ban because you have decided to make W0IVER1N3 or Chucky Cheese Man. We just generic it. It's not even a strike against you as such, though if we have pages of violations on your account we might need to have words.

There are occasions where accounts get locked by accident and if that does happen please let us know as soon as possible. This is an old game with a creaky database. Sometimes mistakes happen and we will do everything we can to put it right.

• Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hey, thanks for the semi clarification @GM Crumpet, even though you can't talk about specifics at all (which is totally understandable). However...

Chucky Cheese Man!!! 🙂

Omg, now I wish we had a mouse head with a cheesehead hat, cause I would SO make it lol. Curse you!!! 😛

• Haha 2