I need the inspirations explained to me

savair

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/category.html?pcat=inspirations

That City of Data link will give you a more exact definition, but roughly:

Insight allows you to see ghosts that are trying to escape and increases your to-hit chance.

Sturdy increases your damage resistance.

Luck increases your defense.

If you're missing a lot, pop a yellow. If you're taking too much damage, pop an orange, if you're getting hit too often, pop a purple. If you're confused, pop a break-free.

• Like 2

You can always right-click the inspiration in game and pick info and see what it does, too.

They're all color coded.

• Thumbs Up 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

4 hours ago, savair said:

I am curious what each one does, I know what Rage does, but like say Sturdy , luck and Insight I am not sure what that does can someone explain

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Inspirations

Detailed information is posted on the wiki link for all inspirations.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

5 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

Iron Will, that’s where it’s at!

And as a bonus:

Two Turntables and a Microphone T-Shirt

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

Doesn't the tutorial cover this?

• Like 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

2 hours ago, Without_Pause said:

Doesn't the tutorial cover this?

Outbreak does

Edited by cranebump
  • Like 1

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

8 minutes ago, Doomguide2005 said:

What!  Silly person read directions?

Heh. True. What was I thinking?:-)

• Like 1

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

13 minutes ago, Doomguide2005 said:

What!  Silly person read directions?

RTFM.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

11 minutes ago, SeraphimKensai said:

Remember to call them by their true name: Skittles.

I'm used to people using the term "Chiclets".

Dubble%20Bubble%20Chiclets%201lb.jpg

My favorite kind is the green ones.

ChicletsdeSpearmintsemAcucar.jpg?v=16722

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

The wiki links posted here give good explanations of each inspiration and what they do, but there are some other important things to note regarding inspirations that might not be immediately clear from the wiki alone.

Firstly, small (tier 1) inspirations are very common drops, so feel free to use them often. I know people tend to hoard booster items in most games, but with how often they drop in this game, it's not necessary. This is especially true at higher levels, where you have more slots for inspirations. Use them whenever you need them, as they can be easily found, and if you need a particular inspiration, hospitals sell every kind of small inspiration for 50 INF (awakens are 150 INF). 

Secondly, you can combine 3 of the same type of inspiration for 1 of another type, but they all have to be the same tier and type. For example, I can combine three "enrage" inspirations for one "sturdy" inspiration, but I cannot combine 2 enrage and 1 focused rage, because while they're both of the same type, they are not the same tier. Be advised that, in group play, they are typically referred to by color, not by the actual name. If a player says "I need 2 small reds" they're asking for two enrage inspirations. The only exceptions are Break Free and Awaken inspirations (commonly called "wakies"), which are referred to by name.

Finally, some things to be aware of that aren't explained by the inspiration page on the wiki.

Yellow inspirations (insight) boost To-Hit and perception. Perception helps you see stealthy enemies, like ghosts who suddenly disappear in the middle of combat. It's very important to note that some enemies can blind you, and the word "blinded" will appear in red under your status bar. While blinded, your perception is basically set to 0, and you won't be able to see or target enemies. Despite what you may think, "blinded" is not a status effect, so using a Break Free inspiration will do nothing in this case. If you ever wind up blinded, yellow inspirations can temporarily let you see again, since being blinded lowers your perception, and yellow inspirations boost perception. If you're fighting on a team and suddenly all of the enemies disappear, but your teammates are still visible and fighting, then most likely you've been blinded.

Hope this helps!

Edited by GastlyGibus

Global Handle: @Gibs

A guy with unpopular opinions.

On 8/24/2023 at 7:56 AM, Yomo Kimyata said:

Iron Will, that’s where it’s at!

Funny, but seriously, those dual/team insps seem hugely underrated. 

I think they should drop more often, but it'd really mess up the organisation of my pretty insp tray.

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.