[OPEN BETA] Patch Notes for February 14th, 2024 - Issue 27, Page 7 - Release Candidate 2

On 2/13/2024 at 10:37 AM, The Curator said:

Supergroup Bases [Focused Feedback: Supergroup Base Items]

baseitemsondisplay.thumb.jpg.417445df62d302037d0075df35681c34.jpg

Lots of fun, new things for base builders! 

New Supergroup Base Items: (318)

This picture appears to have a candy cauldron that looks taken from the halloween event as a base item. Which is pretty cool. But that item doesn't seem to be available in beta base editor or in the patch notes? I've gone crazy looking for it in the editor even without the (new) tag and I don't see it.

Is there a reason that Greater Fire Sword from corruptor/defender flame mastery isn't being updated? Was this an oversight or deliberate? If an oversight, and according to the new rules for patron powers, it should get the updated cast time to match the current version in fire melee, given a -DEF component, and increased to 24s cd shouldn't it?

Edited by Bel

11 hours ago, Senbonbanana said:

Wait.... that's possible?? 🤯

Yes, please please please make this accessible from the options UI! I'm by no means a new player, but I had absolutely no idea those slash commands existed, thus had no idea showing all that info was even possible.

Someone didn't read my guide 😄 I sisn't even know it was possible but dug up the interwebs and found it. Fortunately since I dislike playing any game without always on HP bars.

5 minutes ago, Number Six said:

It's not going to be the default because it can make the screen quite cluttered in places, but coming Soon™ to a page 7 beta near you:

A real hero. Now that an inch has been given, it's time to go for the whole mile.

Any chance we can get a "show only when alive" toggle? Not sure how hard/impossible this would be to stick in, since I don't think there's an option to manually /option_set it right now...

AKA @Shibbs

23 minutes ago, Number Six said:

It's not going to be the default because it can make the screen quite cluttered in places, but coming Soon™ to a page 7 beta near you:

image.png

Much appreciated, Numberino Sixo. Doesn't matter to me since I have it already set, but it'll be a great addition for newcomers.

Kudos.

• City Council
27 minutes ago, Wiseguy said:

Any chance we can get a "show only when alive" toggle? Not sure how hard/impossible this would be to stick in, since I don't think there's an option to manually /option_set it right now...

That sounds complicated, because then you'd need to check if the target's HP is 0, track who defeated that target and check the alignment to see if it was a Hero or a Villain, handle exceptions and special cases like the target being a robot, etc etc. And what to do about Vigilantes, maybe a null the gull option for whether they kill or just incapacitate?

• Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

1 minute ago, Number Six said:

That sounds complicated, because then you'd need to check if the target's HP is 0, track who defeated that target and check the alignment to see if it was a Hero or a Villain, handle exceptions and special cases like the target being a robot, etc etc. And what to do about Vigilantes, maybe a null the gull option for whether they kill or just incapacitate?

Oh, you mean the wording on it? Could maybe use "Show only when not defeated" (or undefeated) if the alive part is the problem. Or there are other synonyms to replace alive with, too.

conscious (being dead is a form of unconsciousness! Not sure it would work for robots though)

aware/alert/able (might be confusing for held/sleeping/etc targets)

aggressive (this might be better, since all non-defeated enemies are aggressive even if they're incapicitated...right?)

Either way, it's not exactly a must-have, just would be nice. Thanks for your work!

AKA @Shibbs

Shield Defense

• Fixed Taunt when paired with Shield using beatchest sfx instead of normal taunt sfx.

In the beta I see the Shield Taunt still "growling" (both audio/visual animation) like Savage Taunt. I thought it was fixed instead, shouldn't that be related to the quote?

I was waiting for this taunt to finally get a fix... so I can create a non-lion character with shield finally.

3 hours ago, Number Six said:

BTW, can we get "Show when selected or on mouse over" added back as an option to "Player Name"?

This used to be an option. I know because my main on Torchbearer still has this selected and I can see her name and title whenever someone I'm targeting targets my character. However, this option has disappeared so I do not have this ability on any other character.

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

9 minutes ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

BTW, can we get "Show when selected or on mouse over" added back as an option to "Player Name"?

This used to be an option. I know because my main on Torchbearer still has this selected and I can see her name and title whenever someone I'm targeting targets my character. However, this option has disappeared so I do not have this ability on any other character.

This sounds like something that should still be in that character's binds or other text files. I just have no idea where this might be found, but a bit like the show HP bars that could only be accessed via commands prior to this next RC.

Or I could be speaking out of my ass, but it seems useful if you could find it. If it can be found at all.

17 minutes ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

"Show when selected or on mouse over" added back as an option to "Player Name"?

I hope they implement this suggestion, but in the meantime you can try:

/option_set ShowPlayerName 6

Taken from https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Option_set_(Slash_Command) and https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Option_Names_List with thanks to BlackSpectre for their hard work in researching that data and updating those pages.

• Thanks 2

• City Council
3 hours ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

Not sure I understand what you mean, that's not something that was changed AFAIK.

I just checked on live to make sure and that shows up when clicking through the options, right after "Show when selected"

image.png

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Number Six said:

image.png

Thank you ! I really think this will help new players and its amazing how fast its been added 😄

5 hours ago, Number Six said:

Not sure I understand what you mean, that's not something that was changed AFAIK.

I just checked on live to make sure and that shows up when clicking through the options, right after "Show when selected"

image.png

Sorry, I was at work and misremembered the correct name of the option that I'm talking about:

My-Example.jpg

So I have the option for either "Show" or "Hidden." My main on Torchbearer has this as "Show when selected." This means that I can see my name and title when a teammate that I'm targeting targets me. I do have this option on a couple of other characters but, if I click it at all then I lose the ability to pick "Show when selected" and it only allows me to pick "Show" or "Hidden."

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

• City Council
42 minutes ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

Sorry, I was at work and misremembered the correct name of the option that I'm talking about:

Ahhh, personal player name.

I was pretty sure we hadn't changed anything there so I checked the code all the way back to when HC started and it's always been just an on/off settings. Only thing I can think of is that you set it using a slash command or manually editing the saved settings file.

It would be

/option_set ShowOwnerName 6

Not sure about changing the options to allow that normally, it's a super niche use case and I can't imagine it being as generally useful as the ability to show enemy names. May be a moot point anyway as I'm considering the suggestions for a target-of-target window but that would be an I28 thing at the earliest.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jjolin01 said:

How about a option to only show buffs that I personally gave to players, so they can be tracked easier.

This has been a topic of discussion lately in the closed beta group, and apparently it's harder to pull off than one would think. At any rate they know a lot of us want this, and I'll keep crossing my fingers someone can eventually come up with a solution.

• Cobalt Arachne changed the title to [OPEN BETA] Patch Notes for February 14th, 2024 - Issue 27, Page 7 - Release Candidate 2
  • Jimmy unfeatured and unpinned this topic
  • Jimmy locked this topic