Screenshot2024-02-13085939.jpg.c2836ad6b2a762d127c30c1a6a2bd7e9.jpgHi there! I have had my eye on this game ever since Nerdslayer's "death of a game" video on it. When i found out that not only did the game get a server, but has been getting new content and the recent news regarding Nsofts seeming green light, I immediately went to download the launcher and make a character, I've been playing since Thursday last week and am level 11 now! The game somehow exceeded my high expectations. I love the day job system and the ability for my character to have a civilian identity for when we log off (I rp as a college student so i always log out at the university in steel canyon, and I even made a seperate outfit for it so he isnt in suit when i log in) I just finished the quest line where manticore ends up sponsoring you and your misfit friends! Not gonna lie the novelty of the immersive details that this game uses was what drew me in (I mean in what other superhero game can you do things like have a alter ego, or stuff like that) but I stayed for the shockingly Approachable gameplay. My character is a peace bringer and i have recently started to really get momentum with leveling and my build. So if you See a player called "PeaceBringer07" in a white and pink suit  thats me! I absolutely adore this game even more than i thought I would, one thing I cant get over is the world building and the way the game uses tropes of golden age comics to creatively explain all the typical MMO staples like Guilds and stuff. Story wise it feels almost like invincible mixed with Incredibles and a bit of DC and im so here for it! also am i crazy or is it really cool the way the game uses npc's. like I died early on doing my 3rd quest and had to go to the hospital. and I was shocked that it had an actual building you could go into at any time with elevators and like the npcs were doing their own thing. Like in the hospital I happened to walk by a pair of doctors and like they were discussing the understaffing issue in their workplace completely independent of me. Like yea ik its just randomized text pop ups but like it makes the world feel more lively. And omg im obsessed with the badges/Accomplishment/Souvenir mechanic, it really adds a sense of personal pride everytime you get them! 

• Like 6
  • Thumbs Up 2

Ohai new friend you bring teh donuts?

• Haha 1

My Dear you deserve the services of a great wizard but youll have to settle for the aid of a second rate pick pocket

~Schmendrick

So you mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword; and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?

Welcome!

I'm a fellow newb, only a month in, so I completely understand where you're at...it blew me away too. Very immersive and detailed. The character building, still finding new stuff....and the powers, haven't even scratched the surface. The customization... wait til you see all the vets in here with their heroes, some are friggin artists, my jaw still drops when I see some of them.

• Thumbs Up 2

Bro same! like I really wanna get to a point where they are, I only just unlocked the shapeshifting power there's so much to do! I still need to figure out how to really boost my health, I accidently seem to have a glass cannon who hits hard but seems to have trouble sometimes, although that's probably just me happening upon enemy's i shouldn't be yet haha. 

Edited by ImperialZombie7
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

Welcome home, hero

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

9 hours ago, arcane said:

I didn’t know you could pick the Flight pool on a Peacebringer…

Seems like a waste of a power pick since squid mode includes fly, but I guess if you want to fly in human only form you'd need it.

• Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

6 hours ago, ImperialZombie7 said:

Bro same! like I really wanna get to a point where they are, I only just unlocked the shapeshifting power there's so much to do! I still need to figure out how to really boost my health, I accidently seem to have a glass cannon who hits hard but seems to have trouble sometimes, although that's probably just me happening upon enemy's i shouldn't be yet haha. 

Welcome!

If the "glass cannon" is describing the "squid" form, it's kind of normal, though I suspect someone has posted in the archetypes section a build that will harden it.  Have you made it to your "lobster" form yet?  It's a good off-tank, and in some designs, a good tank.  And switching forms is pretty quick, which is probably why KC4800 was suggesting relying on your "squid" form.  The speedy conversions reminds me a bit of the druids from my WoW days.

Edited by Techwright
add info

12 hours ago, Techwright said:

Welcome!

If the "glass cannon" is describing the "squid" form, it's kind of normal, though I suspect someone has posted in the archetypes section a build that will harden it.  Have you made it to your "lobster" form yet?  It's a good off-tank, and in some designs, a good tank.  And switching forms is pretty quick, which is probably why KC4800 was suggesting relying on your "squid" form.  The speedy conversions reminds me a bit of the druids from my WoW days.

Well my peace bringer is lvl 11 and I have unlocked the kheldian shapeshifting thing where you have powerful attacks but no defense. where i turn into some floating squid tentacle alien? I use it alot because it allows me to usually beat the enemy before they get my health low, I usually start most encounters by morphing to the ailien and bum rushing the enemies who are in groups and using my implosion ability for area of effect damage and then finishing them off . Almost always works, its not like I'm stuck or anything I was just hoping that I might be able to make my base health a bit better, granted I do tend to frequent areas with slightly higher levels, it just seems that while my attacks get stronger, my health hasnt changed much. Though I am still in the very early game. maybe i just need to improve my strategies. I might look deeper into the archetype I chose and how exactly they work, cause it does just seem to be part of their style, and I love the power set too much to get rid of it 

12 hours ago, KC4800 said:

Seems like a waste of a power pick since squid mode includes fly, but I guess if you want to fly in human only form you'd need it.

Yea I honestly didnt see a reason not to pick flight as a power, like when i was building my character is was either chose flight as a movement mode or only be able to walk in human form, and from one side I love flying hero's, and also it makes traveling much more engaging. Idk it just felt like the right choice, pluss picking flight as a power I have full access to actually has some practical uses. Sure if i wanted to fly I could just use my morph power, but you have no defense in that form. But the biggest bonus to choosing flight as a movement power is you basically get access to a whole extra power set on top of the peacebringer ones, like I already have a trait that gives a small buff to my damage when in my human flight mode, and I have a flying punch heavy attack. Idk it makes my character a lot less boring to play. I also fast travel way less than i imagine I would. IDK just seemed like it added alot for me. 

7 minutes ago, Hedgefund said:

This right here:

image.png.a7550a2720e94c388863f4038d006580.png

is flight.  You get it at level 1 available to human form.  I really don't see a need to take the pool power "Fly".

Welcome to the game, etc.

I was about to say the same thing. Seems quite a few ppl don't play PBs.

Adding to that at lvl 10 you get Combat Flight, a hover equivalent for free too. Taking fly as a power pool on a PB, although it's a selectable power leaves me searching my head a bit. I guess the OP is working towards Evasive Maneuvers.

If you start feeling like you don't get a grip on playing a PB don't sweat it since it was designed as kind of an after lvl 50 thing. 

Wait until you get bitten by the alt-bug.

Welcome!

//Jack

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them...well I have others.”

― Groucho Marx