Crazy (ME!) and the interaction with Gamin' Rules and the world

Snarky

I have not read ANY of the crap that comes with the game.  I bought an expensive car 6 months ago and read zero of what I signed.  I do not recommend you go through the world like me, just saying how I bounce through.

I rely on common sense to get through the grocery store, and the boards, in game chat, discord etc.  There have been issues.

I offended a good friend (and SG officer) when I kept referring to alt builds on my toon for low level Ouro work as Twinked.  He was finally like "SNARY! Stop! It is offensive!"  Then had to explain why.  Quite patient really.  It was a term I had originally heard in gaming decades ago, and stuck, as it was a useful word that (to me) had no other use.  I been wrong before.

This same  SG officer defended me on Discord when I was discussing a musical instrument and kept referring to the fingering of the clarinet.  (i am missing a few bits on a hand)  One of the people in discord was like STOP, and the SG officer (a person who has made money in the musical field) was like, "No, Snarky is right. That is how you refer to holding a musical instrument and operating it."  Still, common sense, I backed off the terminology.

I did get booted for a day from posting on the boards a couple years back.  The Devs decided to make BNY follow us around as a April Fools prank.  Which...irritated my vamp butt.  So i posted on the boards.  In General.  Which they moved.  In General.  Which they moved.  In General.  Which they moved.  In General.  Which they moved.  In General.  Which they moved.  In General.  Which they moved.  In General.  Which they moved.  In General.  Which they moved.  and aftyer a few more iterations they banned me 24 hours.  I came back 24 hours later.  Posted it was censorship.  And went away for 6 months to another mmorpg.  

• Moose 1
  • Banjo 1
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 1

*gnaw on snarkys common sense*

• Haha 1

My Dear you deserve the services of a great wizard but youll have to settle for the aid of a second rate pick pocket

~Schmendrick

So you mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword; and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?

22 minutes ago, Snarky said:

I have not read ANY of the crap that comes with the game.  I bought an expensive car 6 months ago and read zero of what I signed.  I do not recommend you go through the world like me, just saying how I bounce through.

I rely on common sense to get through the grocery store, and the boards, in game chat, discord etc.  There have been issues.

I offended a good friend (and SG officer) when I kept referring to alt builds on my toon for low level Ouro work as Twinked.  He was finally like "SNARY! Stop! It is offensive!"  Then had to explain why.  Quite patient really.  It was a term I had originally heard in gaming decades ago, and stuck, as it was a useful word that (to me) had no other use.  I been wrong before.

This same  SG officer defended me on Discord when I was discussing a musical instrument and kept referring to the fingering of the clarinet.  (i am missing a few bits on a hand)  One of the people in discord was like STOP, and the SG officer (a person who has made money in the musical field) was like, "No, Snarky is right. That is how you refer to holding a musical instrument and operating it."  Still, common sense, I backed off the terminology.

I did get booted for a day from posting on the boards a couple years back.  The Devs decided to make BNY follow us around as a April Fools prank.  Which...irritated my vamp butt.  So i posted on the boards.  In General.  Which they moved.  In General.  Which they moved.  In General.  Which they moved.  In General.  Which they moved.  In General.  Which they moved.  In General.  Which they moved.  In General.  Which they moved.  In General.  Which they moved.  and aftyer a few more iterations they banned me 24 hours.  I came back 24 hours later.  Posted it was censorship.  And went away for 6 months to another mmorpg.  

My inner miser just died a little. People ask me to go car shopping with them. I love it when it's the salesperson who doesn't look at what I marked on the contract.

• Haha 2

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

30 minutes ago, Snarky said:

I rely on common sense to get through the grocery store, and the boards, in game chat, discord etc.  There have been issues. I love your posts btw, your a much needed humor in the community sir.

So basically everyone is looking to be a victim online? Im sorry but this is the internet what the hek? I am so confused why people are getting offended over silly things.

Edited by StarseedWarrior
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 1

36 minutes ago, Snarky said:

He was finally like "SNARY! Stop! It is offensive!" 

Picsart_24-02-16_13-46-29-771.jpg

• Haha 9
  • Moose 1
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 1

Sky-Hawke: Rad/WP Brute

Alts galore. So...soooo many alts.

Originally Pinnacle Server, then Indomitable and now Excelsior

28 minutes ago, Coyotedancer said:

A few of my friends are lawyers...

I read EVERYTHING.

I spent a decade in the Navy, signing for the custody of a few tens of millions of dollars worth of electronics and related equipment and for responsibility over things I can neither confirm nor deny the existence or presence of.

I. READ. EVERYTHING.

Except EULAs, I only skim those.

• Haha 1

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

I still refer to 'min maxed low level geared characters' as twinked out. Let that offend whomever it will. Probably an american. It's the term for it so I'm going to use it.

We had a good laff at someone whose name I forgot sparking a debacle over the Market side of the forums over how we should not use the term 'niggardly'. Several of us explaining it may have an N, an I, and two Gs, did not mean what they thought it meant. To no use. Pasted a Webster link to the word. To no use. We got hit with a 'it doesn't matter what it used to mean, only what it means now'. 😄 An american again I guess. Forum GMs deleted everything with a warning not to do it again (I hope not because they too thought the word meant something else than it does) which for a short while was fun as we went ought of our way to spell miserly with great care.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sovera said:

I still refer to 'min maxed low level geared characters' as twinked out. Let that offend whomever it will. Probably an american. It's the term for it so I'm going to use it.

We had a good laff at someone whose name I forgot sparking a debacle over the Market side of the forums over how we should not use the term 'niggardly'. Several of us explaining it may have an N, an I, and two Gs, did not mean what they thought it meant. To no use. Pasted a Webster link to the word. To no use. We got hit with a 'it doesn't matter what it used to mean, only what it means now'. 😄 An american again I guess. Forum GMs deleted everything with a warning not to do it again (I hope not because they too thought the word meant something else than it does) which for a short while was fun as we went ought of our way to spell miserly with great care.

The current generation (in my opinion) reads much less, wants to be super politically correct, and is childishly tyrannical to anyone they disagree with.  

Richard Pryor would not be able to get a job in modern America without a complete overhaul.  He uses bad words and points out awkward truths.  There are modern comics I could mention, but just saying their name could spark a war.  Fun, but this thread is about my madness. So we will leave that for elsewhere 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, Snarky said:

The current generation (in my opinion) reads much less, wants to be super politically correct, and is childishly tyrannical to anyone they disagree with.  

Richard Pryor would not be able to get a job in modern America without a complete overhaul.  He uses bad words and points out awkward truths.  There are modern comics I could mention, but just saying their name could spark a war.  Fun, but this thread is about my madness. So we will leave that for elsewhere 

Apparently already happening with the whole book banning debacle I hear going on over there.

4 minutes ago, Sovera said:

Apparently already happening with the whole book banning debacle I hear going on over there.

i said current generation, but in truth it is the ignorant in every generation.  unfortunately, with media and the internet it is even easier to be completely ignorant yet believe you are incredibly enlightened.

• Thanks 2

There is nothing wrong with using the word "twink" to describe low level characters that you make as powerful as possible. Yes, some use it to describe young gay guys but that does not mean it is not a viable term in the mmo space. 

9 minutes ago, Xalon said:

There is nothing wrong with using the word "twink" to describe low level characters that you make as powerful as possible. Yes, some use it to describe young gay guys but that does not mean it is not a viable term in the mmo space. 

however in deference to my goal of not being ignorant, i can creatively use other terms.  pocket battleship is much more accurate, just slightly more cumbersome

1 hour ago, Snarky said:

however in deference to my goal of not being ignorant, i can creatively use other terms.  pocket battleship is much more accurate, just slightly more cumbersome

Now I am goin to be actively looking for a chance to use pocket battleship to refer to a cute young gay or bi man. I write fanfic.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Snarky said:

Today, we sing the Balled of @Snarky the Vampire

*Straps on an accordion

• Haha 1
  • Banjo 3

/e poofgone

3 hours ago, Sovera said:

It's simpler than that, but this is the wrong forum for such discussion.

• Thumbs Up 1

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

I came from... a much different place before I played the game, so the first time I heard about a twinked-out build I was rather uh confused yes.  I wouldn't say it's a slur or anything though, in that other context, not that I've ever heard of.

Now, let me rant about gamers' profound misuse of the word "meta"...

• Haha 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

8 hours ago, momentarygrace said:

Now I am goin to be actively looking for a chance to use pocket battleship to refer to a cute young gay or bi man. I write fanfic.

Make it about two German sailors Scheer and Graf Spee.

Is twink even a slur? I'm not gay or all that young but I could think of worse things to be called than a term for a young dude. 

• Finland 1
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 1

29 minutes ago, A Cat said:

Is twink even a slur? I'm not gay or all that young but I could think of worse things to be called than a term for a young dude. 

Well, if you know me… I tend to be repetitive…so, it might have been sheer volume.  In many ways this old vamp still behaves like a child.  So talking about my various alt builds for low level ouro content i might gave used the word…a few times… and since i was ranting about something that was probably only interesting to me anyways…prob all that stood out from the drone of old Snarky was that one word every few sentences lol.  Damn, i have a gift.  I used to run Brutes just because i irritate things without any effort and it seemed like a natural fit.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

On 2/17/2024 at 1:19 AM, A Cat said:

Great suggestion! 😉 

Sadly we are not that far from a time when any implication of homosexuality was intended to be a nasty slur. Some folks still react that way.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 2/16/2024 at 6:10 PM, JasperStone said:

Today, we sing the Balled of @Snarky the Vampire

*Straps on an accordion

*fine tunes accordian by attaching flamethrowers to side*

*sit back and watch*

• Like 1

My Dear you deserve the services of a great wizard but youll have to settle for the aid of a second rate pick pocket

~Schmendrick

So you mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword; and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?