5th Column vamps no longer count for badge?

I just did the all 5th column vamp mission from Orpheus and I got credit for ZERO vamps towords the badge.  I know they should count unless they changed something and I missed it. So do they count or not? 

Posted (edited)

In fact, I don't have any vamps at all according to the game, I pretty sure I picked up a couple when badge hunting on striga. Is the badge bugged?

OK I have 6 vamps. So none of the ones from the mission counted. SInce when did 5th Column stop counting?

Edited by Jimpy

Some do, some don't.  I think it's based on the individual mob type but they're too randomly dispersed (and in too few missions) for me to have figured out which is which.  No idea if it's considered a bug or if the HC team specifically wants only Council to count now that they've revamped one faction and not the other (similar to how, by contrast, only 5th that transform into Warwolves count for that particular badge, and Council don't).

• Game Master
3 hours ago, Snarky said:

Moonfire. They all count. Run a Moonfire

I thought it was all a plot by you to make people increase their vamp hunting and thin out your competition

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, GM Crumpet said:

I thought it was all a plot by you to make people increase their vamp hunting and thin out your competition

Shhh....they'll hear you. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, GM Crumpet said:

Sore spot here.  So council va...things, are NOT vampires.  They are not even undead.  They are the result of a super soldier program where they chuck this guy in a capsule for a year or two and screw them so far up they are down.  

Yes, you should kill them all.  Unfortunately the council will just make more. But their electricity bill will be astronomical.  Maybe we can blow up the Faultline Dam and interrupt their power!  Oh, there is an idea.

• Like 4
  • Haha 5
  • Microphone 1

51 minutes ago, Snarky said:

Sore spot here.  So council va...things, are NOT vampires.  They are not even undead.  They are the result of a super soldier program where they chuck this guy in a capsule for a year or two and screw them so far up they are down.  

Yes, you should kill them all.  Unfortunately the council will just make more. But their electricity bill will be astronomical.  Maybe we can blow up the Faultline Dam and interrupt their power!  Oh, there is an idea.

Are Council getting their power from the Faultline Dam?  If so, I think that's a terrible misuse of taxpayer resources.  Imagine all the influence that went into rebuilding Faultline just to get it to the point where it's SORT of habitable on the edges...  And those schmucks are out there draining power to make fake vamps?

Also, 100% agree with you on them not being vampires.  Council Vampyri should not be considered vampires, which are specifically defined as "a corpse supposed, in European folklore, to leave its grave at night to drink the blood of the living by biting their necks with long pointed canine teeth."  Wikipedia elaborates on the matter with "A vampire is a mythical creature that subsists by feeding on the vital essence of the living. In European folklore, vampires are undead creatures that often visited loved ones and caused mischief or deaths in the neighbourhoods which they inhabited while they were alive."

As creatures of science, there is nothing mythical about 5th & Council vamps.  It's obviously a branding issue upon which they're attempting to capitalize to strike fear in the hearts of people that believe in the myth and lore of true vampires.  But then, they ARE villains, so they don't care who they offend.  But since we know that true vamps do exist (but only come out one month a year), I'm surprised that there's never a true vampire attack on the Council to punish them for their arrogance in claiming the vampire title for their science project, which leads to heroes hunting vampires.  Sure, most of it targets the Council vamps, but imagine being a real vamp and waking up in your coffin as some hero is there ready to rain down fire upon you and shouts "Die, spacenaziscum!!"  And you're like, "Where is that coming from??"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Player2 said:

But since we know that true vamps do exist (but only come out one month a year), I'm surprised that there's never a true vampire attack on the Council to punish them for their arrogance in claiming the vampire title for their science project, which leads to heroes hunting vampires.  Sure, most of it targets the Council vamps, but imagine being a real vamp and waking up in your coffin as some hero is there ready to rain down fire upon you and shouts "Die, spacenaziscum!!"  And you're like, "Where is that coming from??"

So, as we know from CoH mechanics, Def>Res>Heal.  But, and Dark Armor uses this, Stealth>Defense.  Not being seen is not being swung at.  Let the wannabes stand up and scream they are vampires.  Let Heroes kill them and get a vamp slayer badge.  I am managing two blood banks remotely.  Nutrition and cash baby!

4 hours ago, Player2 said:

Are Council getting their power from the Faultline Dam?  If so, I think that's a terrible misuse of taxpayer resources.  Imagine all the influence that went into rebuilding Faultline just to get it to the point where it's SORT of habitable on the edges...  And those schmucks are out there draining power to make fake vamps?

Also, 100% agree with you on them not being vampires.  Council Vampyri should not be considered vampires, which are specifically defined as "a corpse supposed, in European folklore, to leave its grave at night to drink the blood of the living by biting their necks with long pointed canine teeth."  Wikipedia elaborates on the matter with "A vampire is a mythical creature that subsists by feeding on the vital essence of the living. In European folklore, vampires are undead creatures that often visited loved ones and caused mischief or deaths in the neighbourhoods which they inhabited while they were alive."

As creatures of science, there is nothing mythical about 5th & Council vamps.  It's obviously a branding issue upon which they're attempting to capitalize to strike fear in the hearts of people that believe in the myth and lore of true vampires.  But then, they ARE villains, so they don't care who they offend.  But since we know that true vamps do exist (but only come out one month a year), I'm surprised that there's never a true vampire attack on the Council to punish them for their arrogance in claiming the vampire title for their science project, which leads to heroes hunting vampires.  Sure, most of it targets the Council vamps, but imagine being a real vamp and waking up in your coffin as some hero is there ready to rain down fire upon you and shouts "Die, spacenaziscum!!"  And you're like, "Where is that coming from??"

Now there is a much wider variety of vampire origin movies and book, such as Daybreakers, I can see not beholdin' to actual vampire lore.

• Sad 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

• Game Master
2 hours ago, Snarky said:

So, as we know from CoH mechanics, Def>Res>Heal.  But, and Dark Armor uses this, Stealth>Defense.  Not being seen is not being swung at.  Let the wannabes stand up and scream they are vampires.  Let Heroes kill them and get a vamp slayer badge.  I am managing two blood banks remotely.  Nutrition and cash baby!

My undead mastermind tapped into the Zig teleporter. Enemies are diverted to his lab and the healthy specimens are recycled as new undead minions, the rest are sold to Dr Vahzilok to get cash to pay the rather exorbitant power bill, and the non human and vegetable enemies are turned into compost. It's very eco friendly and as a hero he has a moral objection to digging up the bodies of noble Paragon citizens.

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

"Arrest"

I light vampires, and other dangerous creatures, on fire.

If you want to arrest what's left behind feel free, but I doubt that even the PPD are going to put a pile of ashes into a jail cell.

• Thumbs Up 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

5 hours ago, Major_Decoy said:

I don't know, you say vamp, I hear "repeat ad nauseam" I mean, I can, but I hope you're happy with the bass line for Chameleon.

Musicians represent!

• Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

2 hours ago, Snarky said:

I hope you mean this and not karma chameleon 

https://youtu.be/3Ipns0jneLY?si=xxudcgGVCi7KLLHl

Except that's the cheesy version. Try this instead.

• Like 1
  • Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty