Should we brush our teeth?

Should we brush our teeth?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Do you brush your teeth?

I was on my main, pursuing King's Row, killin Skulls and all that, and one of them mentioned my appearance. Said some bad things.

After I kindly skipped his prison sentence, I thought about what he said, and started looking at my mains teeth. I thought it was alright. Wasn't special though.

Spoiler

image.jpeg.1c8ce2428628a39694f97e64942efe98.jpeg

Now, haven't seen myself reach for a brush even once in my idle animation. Could this be the cause of these cruel comments from NPCs? Should we the players have the choice to brush our teeth? I'm looking forward to hearing everyone's thoughts on this.

Edited by Monos King
  • Thumbs Down 1
  • Banjo 1

This is why we cant have nice things.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Banjo 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

I recall the topic of dental care coming up in grad school. A friend of mine was dating a nurse, and apparently her schooling involved reading about the various efficacy and impacts of certain toothpastes. She suggested we avoid Close-up. 

Just thought I'd share that. No idea if there was ever anything to it. For all I know, she held stock in Crest. 

All of that said, in the military, we got a pretty crazy Fluoride rinse. Must have had to swish that stuff in our mouths for 10 or 15 minutes. I've had zero issues with my teeth since then. I can't say it's cause and effect or anything. But, my drill sergeant told us we'd never get a cavity again, but don't dare swallow it. For all I know, it was really bad Kool-aid. 

• Banjo 1

45 minutes ago, jprewitt73 said:

Fluoride Conspiracy | Sticker

You know what's in toothpaste?  Stannous Fluoride (SnF4).  You know what Sn is?  Tin.  You know what else they use tin for?  Making hats.

Just saying.

• Haha 8
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Banjo 1
  • Staff of Aesculapius 1
  • Microphone 1

Who run Bartertown?

I know a person who doesn't like the toothbrush touching his gums. 

His teeth are reasonably clean from the bottom to about 75% of the way up. The rest is a kind of rounded plaque coating yellowish and disgusting. 

He believes they are fine. 

• Sad 1
  • Banjo 1

13 minutes ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

Just saying.

Compared to the daily avalanche of CT nonsense we now live with, this one almost feels warm and cozy.

• Like 1
  • Banjo 1

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

57 minutes ago, Shenanigunner said:

Compared to the daily avalanche of CT nonsense we now live with, this one almost feels warm and cozy.

I used to devour CT for gaming purposes.   Not so much now...

• Banjo 1

2 minutes ago, lemming said:

I used to devour CT for gaming purposes.   Not so much now...

Robin Williams had a signature bit, playing himself at 100. "I useta play an alien on TV... you remember TV? Yeah, 'ninny, nannoo' and all that. ...then the real aliens landed, and it wasn't funny any more."

Possibly the most prophetic line he ever delivered. But we're talking about silly things, here.

• Like 1
  • Banjo 1

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

21 hours ago, Andreah said:

Tartar doesn't have to be a horrendous mess like the example here to cause it either -- even small amounts of it provide places for bad things to happen. 

And this is all 99.9% avoidable in a minute a day.

To be fair, it takes a little longer than one minute.  An electric toothbrush is far more effective than a manual one and the built-in timer say 30 seconds per quadrant so two full minutes of actual brushing.

3 hours ago, Ukase said:

I recall the topic of dental care coming up in grad school. A friend of mine was dating a nurse, and apparently her schooling involved reading about the various efficacy and impacts of certain toothpastes. She suggested we avoid Close-up.

Consumer Reports did a review of dozens of brands of toothpaste and concluded that Colgate's regular formula was the best you could buy, primarily because it has crushed seashells in it for a bit of abrasiveness.  It was "measurably" better, but not a lot better.  After that, it was something like a 20-way tie for second place among all the toothpastes that use the maximum amount of fluoride allowed by law.

So, they said if you want the absolute best, use Colgate.  If cost is at all a concern, use Costco's Kirkland brand since it was in that 20-way tie for second place and is far cheaper than any other toothpaste of similar quality.

My dentist recommends brushing twice a day with a different toothpaste for each: Colgate because it's the best, and also Arm & Hammer because it's one of the second-best and one of the least abrasive toothpastes on the market.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Banjo 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

After that, it was something like a 20-way tie for second place among all the toothpastes that use the maximum amount of fluoride allowed by law.

Fluoride has absolutely nothing to do with the efficacy or quality or "bestness" of toothpaste. All toothpastes would test exactly the same whether they had no fluoride, or loads of it.

• Banjo 1

2 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

You know what's in toothpaste?  Stannous Fluoride (SnF4).  You know what Sn is?  Tin.  You know what else they use tin for?  Making hats.

Verve toothpaste - Active Ingredients: Sodium Fluoride 0.24% (w/w)

... just saying ...

@jprewitt73

But, wow,I knew there were those against the water fluoridation, I didn't know they were against fluoride in toothpaste.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Banjo 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

But, wow,I knew there were those against the water fluoridation, I didn't know they were against fluoride in toothpaste.

Most of the rabid anti-fluoride groups were against both, but as you can choose your toothpaste (including plain old baking soda or grammy's homemade soap), but not your tap water, the focus was on the latter.

Nowadays, it's moot since SnFl is a component of chemtrail distribution. 😐

• Haha 2
  • Banjo 1

3 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

You know what else they use tin for?  Making hats.

Curses, foiled again!

• Haha 1
  • Finland 1
  • Banjo 1

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

My 19 month old daughter and I brush every night together. I just started introducing floss to her. Holding off on mouth wash though because I don't want her drinking it.

I'm also 1 of 2 guys that brush their teeth at our office following lunch.

My grandparents all ended up with dentures, my mom has dentures, my dad is getting implants.

Maybe I'm naive but I'd like to keep the teeth I have.

• Thanks 1
  • Banjo 1

I regularly brush my teeth. When you've collected thousands of them like I have, you want to keep them all nice and shiny, otherwise they collect dust.

What?

• Haha 1
  • Banjo 1

What, me worry?