April Fool's Hijinks

Torchbearer. Skyway City. On a debugging league.

Suddenly a pigeon swoops down, grabs my character, flies him up to the top of the map, and drops him.

I was amused, bemused, bordering on ceemused, and completely failed to get a screenshot.

But, well done Devs! Haven't seen that one before!

(Before you ask, he was my tankiest of tanks, and completely unfazed. Argh! on the screenshot, though!)

Edited by DoctorDitko
ocd
  • Like 1

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

10 hours ago, DoctorDitko said:

Suddenly a pigeon swoops down, grabs my character, flies him up to the top of the map, and drops him.

I was amused, bemused, bordering on ceemused, and completely failed to get a screenshot.

But, well done Devs! Haven't seen that one before!

(Before you ask, he was my tankiest of tanks, and completely unfazed. Argh! on the screenshot, though!)

So ...

Your tank was momentarily Nullified?

PS:  That ones for @Scarlet Shocker

Edited by Doomguide2005
  • Haha 1
  • Finland 1
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 1

13 hours ago, DoctorDitko said:

Oh, it's a pigeon?  To me, it looked like a little hat with a propeller on it.  I guess I should have zoomed in for a closer look.

• Haha 1
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

41 minutes ago, Ironblade said:

Oh, it's a pigeon?  To me, it looked like a little hat with a propeller on it.  I guess I should have zoomed in for a closer look.

I think it's a flying toaster

• Microphone 1

19 hours ago, DoctorDitko said:

I discovered that turning on Mystic Flight and pointing Translocation straight down breaks you free of the bird, taking you back to the ground.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

That's good to know. This guy was a leaper, so no transloc, and as I said he's fairly non-biodegradable, so I wasn't worried. Just wish I'd gotten a picture!

Edited by DoctorDitko

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

5 hours ago, srmalloy said:

I discovered that turning on Mystic Flight and pointing Translocation straight down breaks you free of the bird, taking you back to the ground.

I was using TP but same.

Also: I heard some people talking bout "the bird" and ducks, but had no idea what they were on about.  I was leaguing with only about half my attention at the time though, and extremely zoomed out as I usually am in leagues.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

4 hours ago, Ejlertson said:

I thought it was a duck

I'm assuming it is some kind of bird that could be a computer issue joke.

Not something so silly as it lifts you way up high into the air because it's a crane.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

2 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, it's not a duck.

Ducks don't talk.

You're drunk.

Not yet but give me an hour and I will be.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Before you post or reply to anything online allways remember Wheaton´s Law!

On 4/3/2024 at 12:14 AM, momentarygrace said:

You mean like this? It happened to me over and over today/tonight. My blaster was hover blasting so being dropped was anticlimactic but still fun being taken for a ride. 🙂 

screenshot_240402-16-16-22.jpg

Same, did it to my Emp/Sonic maybe a half dozen times in a FF league.  Wasn't hover blasting per say as I was at or close to ground level running Fly and Evasive Maneuvers so it was more an unusual joy ride

On 4/2/2024 at 12:10 AM, DoctorDitko said:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)

There is a nice version of this as part of a medley on "Saturday Morning Cartoons' Greatest Hits!" Worth getting just for the Ramones' version of Spider-Man, but has many other faves.

And, OK, I guess it was a duck. A pigeon is funnier though!

Edited by DoctorDitko

Finally had a chance to experience a mapserver event, or at least the last bits of it.  That GM was wonderful! A throwback to the old days where GMs were often hard to wear down, unlike certain other GMs (*glances towards Echo Dark Astoria*), and very combat active rather than the fairly stationary ones I've fought of late.  Whoever designed that one, please update the other GMs!