City of Heroes 20th Anniversary: Time Capsule Event, Q&A With Original Team, Costume Contests

Arcanum

My only concern about this capsule hunting is how is it to be regulated and fair to new players for access to them?  Is it only first finders keepers or if a team/proximity clicks it, everyone gets the rewards? etc.   

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, Sanguinesun said:

My only concern about this capsule hunting is how is it to be regulated and fair to new players for access to them?  Is it only first finders keepers or if a team/proximity clicks it, everyone gets the rewards? etc.   

It'll probably be like the winter presents, drops go to whoever opens it but if they spawn mobs anyone can fight them.  And there's more than enough spawns of those for everyone, which respawn in about a minute.  Usually some of the dead zones, like red or gold side, won't have any competition.

Edited by ZorkNemesis
  • Thumbs Up 2

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

Fantastic opportunities to celebrate our City of Heroes (and Villains!).   I'm looking forward to participating, and celebrating.

Thanks so much from April 2019 to now and forward, to the whole Homecoming Team, Devs, GM's and those who worked with NCSoft for so long to gain an actual license to keep running the City that we Love.   You all are my actual HEROES !

A great way to celebrate. Pity about the contest times (my early start always kicks me in the pants where these things are concerned) but the rest of it sounds good. Can't wait to start farming some goodies!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MrAxe said:

A great way to celebrate. Pity about the contest times (my early start always kicks me in the pants where these things are concerned) but the rest of it sounds good. Can't wait to start farming some goodies!

Midnight for me as well.  If it makes you feel any better, 99% of people who enter a CC will lose, so you're not missing out on much.

• Like 1

Choose your weapon:  Okay, I choose words.

I do not believe the false notion that "your ignorance is just as good as my knowledge."

Thank you, everyone who could make it. And to those good enough to organise!

Really incredible 20 years later!

Well done everyone: from those there at the start to those still bearing the torch! 

Thank you all :-)

2 hours ago, Captain Valiant said:

I, too, am concerned about the drop boxes causing undue competition during what is supposed to be a fun event.

There are are twenty five zones that provide Time Capsules spawns (they are using Winter event present spawn locations). These are spread across Hero, Villain, Praetorian, Co-op, and PvP zones, mind you. Each of these zones have upwards of fifty presents each. And these Time Capsules respawn in less than 8 minutes.

• Like 3

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

For those that weren't aware, I made a map mod (linked below) that shows the locations of all the winter event presents. Once the anniversary event goes live, these maps can be used to quickly locate time capsules in the zones where they spawn.

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/32630-winter-event-gift-maps/

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

This is all awesome and greatly appreciated to the team and the devs but can I ask why the costume contest on Reunion (officially the EU server) is being held so late for those of us actually in Europe? 

I'm in the UK and as much as I love homecoming I'm not as young as I was when COH first came out, I also have more real world responsibilities that mean I can't often play that late :( 

• Finland 1
  • Microphone 1

7 hours ago, tjBridger said:

This is all awesome and greatly appreciated to the team and the devs but can I ask why the costume contest on Reunion (officially the EU server) is being held so late for those of us actually in Europe? 

I'm in the UK and as much as I love homecoming I'm not as young as I was when COH first came out, I also have more real world responsibilities that mean I can't often play that late 😞

The devs are all based in the US?

I am number one, all others are number two, or lower!

On 4/27/2024 at 1:18 PM, Azari said:

So what about Super Strength for scrappers?

Asking the right questions here! 💪😎👍

• Thumbs Up 1

Former Paragon Studios QA - Redname Fireman

Current and always Scrapper enthusiast

31 minutes ago, twozerofoxtrot said:

Europe isn't on the other side of the planet like Asia/Oceania. 

If they did an event at 1230 EST/930 PST, that would be 1730 GMT.

Seems pretty reasonable?

Yeah, exactly this. Most of us would be much more able to take part in something at 5.30pm than  11pm. 

18 hours ago, tjBridger said:

I'm in the UK and as much as I love homecoming I'm not as young as I was when COH first came out, I also have more real world responsibilities that mean I can't often play that late 😞

yep, 20 years later ,cant quite do the weekenders or an all nighter

• Like 1