Is it time to go to the Rikti home world?

Mothership raids... zone raid event... classic rikti popping up in the anniversary event...

Rikti rikti rikti, and always they're coming here to us.  When are we going to take the fight to them?  All we need is a new zone with a rikti military base of some sort... perhaps a launching point for their motherships, and we can use the Vanguard base as a staging point with a portal to take us to the rikti planet.

When, devs, when?  When are we going to do more than react to their invasions??

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Player2 said:

Mothership raids... zone raid event... classic rikti popping up in the anniversary event...

Rikti rikti rikti, and always they're coming here to us.  When are we going to take the fight to them?  All we need is a new zone with a rikti military base of some sort... perhaps a launching point for their motherships, and we can use the Vanguard base as a staging point with a portal to take us to the rikti planet.

When, devs, when?  When are we going to do more than react to their invasions??

Page 7, Issue 27. Pick up the Payphone.

• Like 1
  • Microphone 1

Only if it's a new-alt spawn zone. That'll teach the "complainahs" (nod to M Emmett Walsh's greatest role).

• Like 1

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

True, but they have to live somewhere, and there's no indication they are, ah, the dominant apes of that day.

• Like 1

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

Also, considering the physical weirdness of them, compared to modern humans, the "Future" Earth might be equally bizarre.  It could still be interesting to launch a counter attack from the past against alien earth of the future.

Or some such.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, wjrasmussen said:

What we need is:  City of Rikti!

City of Heroes : Rikti Homecoming

• Like 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

2 hours ago, Player2 said:

All we need is a new zone with a rikti military base of some sort...

"All we need." 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Posted (edited)

Didn't Omega Team sever the Rikti Mothership from their "homeworld"?

EDIT:

2 hours ago, wjrasmussen said:

Thinking small.  What we need is:  City of Rikti!

Rikti of Heroes.  Doesn't make sense, but sounds better.  =P

Edited by PhotriusPyrelus
  • Like 1

The war has dragged on for 20 years, and during that time, the hostilities between us and them mainly revolve around their transport ships dropping explosive eggs and our civilians raiding their downed mothership. (Both are as effective as they sound.)

Human-Rikti war is the dumbest war ever waged in the universe. Let's declare a truce and end this stupid war before we end up as the laughingstock of the whole universe.

• Like 1
  • Banjo 1

Posted (edited)

Rikti/vanguard conflict is controlled opposition/a false flag war and they really aren’t enemies at all. It’s all business.

Edited by Azari
  • Like 1

• Game Master
58 minutes ago, Snarky said:

Could have gone to any other planet in the universe went to earth - 4th World Problems - quickmeme

To be fair,

Spoiler

they didn't go to another planet. They stayed on the same planet but went sideways in the Multiverse. 

• Like 2

I do like how the OP thinks and I've expressed similar myself but I don't see it happening easily.

4 hours ago, PhotriusPyrelus said:

Didn't Omega Team sever the Rikti Mothership from their "homeworld"?

It's possible to travel between worlds/times - in the Lady Grey TF The Honoree comes back with a Rikti army but many losses are incurred just getting through.

(I haven't yet run the advanced version so I'm uncertain if that changes anything materially)

But yes the whole Honoree thing and Rikti are one of the great "loose ends" in the lore of this game and it would be great to put it to bed. We don't even yet know who Lady Grey is or why she sent us on that errand. Clearly the Rikti still have designs on earth given they are trying to harness the power of Hamidon. With Nemesis' involvement as well, it is a story worth exploring and telling.

• Like 1

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

13 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

City of Heroes : Rikti Homecoming

Rikti: Don't Lose That Number.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Banjo 1

25 minutes ago, Shenanigunner said:

Rikti: Don't Lose That Number.

Are you going to roll a toon called Steel Eyed Anne now?

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

19 minutes ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

Are you going to roll a toon called Steel Eyed Anne now?

You do know what "steely Dan" was, originally, right?

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Shenanigunner said:

You do know what "steely Dan" was, originally, right?

I do not, but now that you've asked me I fear it's going to relate to 10cc

Well I wasn't so wrong. A giant steampunk sybian.

Edited by Scarlet Shocker
revelation

52 minutes ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

I do not, but now that you've asked me I fear it's going to relate to 10cc

Well I wasn't so wrong. A giant steampunk sybian.

May as well bring up Lovin' Spoonful while we're wading around in this acid-era swamp.

2 minutes ago, Shenanigunner said:

May as well bring up Lovin' Spoonful while we're wading around in this acid-era swamp.

Just don't listen to "Here come the warm jets"

15 minutes ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

15 minutes ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

1 hour ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

Spoiler

I am not sure we're more civilized now, when no band would blink at calling itself "Handful of Jizz and The Dildos."

• Sad 1