Vidiotmaps be standard game maps

Hi, simple QoL:

All of us go out of our way to load Vidiotmaps every time there is a map change, and I wondered, why have to do this at all? why not just have the data of vidiotmaps be standard of the game maps?

Takes care of the hazzle and its much more player friendly.

Sue

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Option of? Sure.  Only option?  No thank you, some of the fun is in finding where stuff is. (I don't have Vidiotmaps installed - I don't like the way they look)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, Akisan said:

Option of? Sure.  Only option?  No thank you, some of the fun is in finding where stuff is. (I don't have Vidiotmaps installed - I don't like the way they look)

4 hours ago, golstat2003 said:

I would not mind this as an OPTION also.

But it's already and option, people can opt to install it, or not.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

32 minutes ago, Oubliette_Red said:
20 hours ago, Akisan said:

4 hours ago, golstat2003 said:

I would not mind this as an OPTION also.

But it's already and option, people can opt to install it, or not.

And like Mids, it is a pinned thread on the Tools, Utilities, and Downloads forum. So it isn't difficult to find.

So yeah, I'm against the OP on this too. It's like mandatory Patrol XP. You can't just shove something you think is good down other players' throats because not everyone plays the same or likes the same things. Vidiotmaps is made available to players on the forums, so if they want to use it, they already have the option to. If they don't, then don't force them to.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Posted (edited)

So u want to take development of a mod away from the player who updates it and force the team do it.

Or you want to force a player to get hired by the team in order to continue updating the maps.

As much as i would love to not have to update my maps anymore,  forcing the maps on the team or taking them away from AboveTheChemist (the current mod updater) is the opposite of options.  Players have the option for them now,  all this would do is remove options from the people doing the work.

Edited by TheZag
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/13/2024 at 1:24 PM, Akisan said:

Agreed.  I think all of the information on the vidiot maps could be added as hints in the game, like the way we got Tips for exploration badges.  The devs could think of ways to include the information as content in game.  Just slapping the information on a map would remove a lot of stuff players consider fun.

(I think next we need "tips" for the history plaques.  Not quite a tip with a nav point, but a broad hint where the next plaque in a history series is, so players know about where to look.  Kind of like you how you get these riddles for things to look at in the MidnighterClub.)

• Like 1