The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

The server's down because...

... Blue Steel hit the Clockwork King so hard, it knocked Excelsior off the internet.

... Homecoming neglected to consider the effects of salty sea spray on delicate server electronics.

... The Minotaur spawned in Delaware and killed the server hardware.

... That hypercube turned inside out, diving the Midnighter Club, Homecoming, and the State of Rhode Island by zero.

Mogwai’s been captured.

• Like 1

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

On 7/25/2024 at 2:21 PM, Luminara said:

cat-the-pet-collective.gif

God damnit, @Jimmy.

*gnaw wires*

My Dear you deserve the services of a great wizard but youll have to settle for the aid of a second rate pick pocket

~Schmendrick

So you mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword; and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?

13 hours ago, catsi563 said:

*gnaw wires*

*sigh*

Use this spicy pepper spray, they said.

It'll keep the cats (and other critters) from chewing on the cables, they said.

Apparently, the cats like spicy stuff, so they chew on the cables more now...

<Wanders off, wondering if they still sell bitterant sprays, and if the cats will like that too...>

• Haha 2

Look, I know they say call the power company before you dig.  You do realize how many of these bodies I have to get rid of right?  Calling the government before I plant each one seems….counterproductive.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Snarky said:

Look, I know they say call the power company before you dig.  You do realize how many of these bodies I have to get rid of right?  Calling the government before I plant each one seems….counterproductive.

keep telling you mulch them first then plant them in open fields away from the power lines

no one gives two whoopety doos if some field starts sprouting flowers and trees

they do give a hoot when their internet goes out

caveat no one gives a whoopety doo when trees start sprouting in an open field they do when the trees some alive and start eating people

• Haha 1

My Dear you deserve the services of a great wizard but youll have to settle for the aid of a second rate pick pocket

~Schmendrick

So you mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword; and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?

8 hours ago, Snarky said:

Two things:

1. Framing Rivals
  2. Planting Evidence

It won't take care of all the bodies, but it can drastically reduce the number of them. (@catsi563 had some good ideas there, though...)

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Snarky said:

burbs.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, catsi563 said:

keep telling you mulch them first then plant them

Mulching is done after planting.  It's the final layer, not the first.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

21 hours ago, Luminara said:

Mulching is done after planting.  It's the final layer, not the first.

you grow your people eating trees your way and Ill grow them mine 😛

• Like 2

~Schmendrick

• Game Master
On 7/29/2024 at 7:37 AM, Akisan said:

*sigh*

Use this spicy pepper spray, they said.

It'll keep the cats (and other critters) from chewing on the cables, they said.

Apparently, the cats like spicy stuff, so they chew on the cables more now...

<Wanders off, wondering if they still sell bitterant sprays, and if the cats will like that too...>

I bought some bitter spray guaranteed to stop dogs chewing things or your money back. My puppy thought it was the best thing ever and doubled down on the chewing then barked at me when he'd chewed it all off to put some more on. I got my money back 🙂 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Microphone 1

14 minutes ago, GM Crumpet said:

I bought some bitter spray guaranteed to stop dogs chewing things or your money back. My puppy thought it was the best thing ever and doubled down on the chewing then barked at me when he'd chewed it all off to put some more on. I got my money back 🙂 

Having worked in animal rescue now for 20+ years, yea, nothing is guaranteed (well, safely).   My computer room cat made it so every single cable I had in the room had to have a protective sheath or put away when not in use (many headphones later...).     One of our current cats will chew on white cables, no other colors interest her.

Favorite recovery was pulling a harddrive out of a laptop because the rest was destroyed by a pitbull using it as a chew toy.   Also found out the company had even more frightening IT flaws.   (I was tasked with it, because the IT guy was a total creep with women.  When I was transferring the data to the new laptop, I noticed they had never cleared the previous user's data.   Previous user being the CFO...)

• Haha 2

• Game Master
3 hours ago, lemming said:

Having worked in animal rescue now for 20+ years, yea, nothing is guaranteed (well, safely).   My computer room cat made it so every single cable I had in the room had to have a protective sheath or put away when not in use (many headphones later...).     One of our current cats will chew on white cables, no other colors interest her.

Favorite recovery was pulling a harddrive out of a laptop because the rest was destroyed by a pitbull using it as a chew toy.   Also found out the company had even more frightening IT flaws.   (I was tasked with it, because the IT guy was a total creep with women.  When I was transferring the data to the new laptop, I noticed they had never cleared the previous user's data.   Previous user being the CFO...)

My puppy (he's 9 now) loved wires. He was in the garage and stripped every wire off the lawnmower

• Haha 1