A Paragon City Memorial for @G E Man

(The last few days have been very tough for me, so forgive the tardiness of this post.)

@G E Man, a member of the City of Heroes & City of Heroes Home Coming community has passed on.

A friend to us all and my best friend. . 

There will be a CoH Memorial, for him held in ECHO Galaxy City as he did not start in Atlas Park back in the days of 2004. 

When: September 14th 10am PST / 1PM EST / 6PM United kingdom  / 3AM Australia 

Where: - Excelsior Server Echo Galaxy City, in front of the Freedom Corp Building.

How: Via Ouroboros, the back portal.

A few Notes:
The memorial in Toledo, Ohio for Mark Anteau age 74, is in the works the family will know more after the weekend.

This CoH service will be an in game event with no official voice support via Team Speak or Discord etc., due to the somber nature of the gathering, yet please feel free to do so among friends if one wishes too. 

The zone has been checked to support 150 players, so its enough room. 

As with memorials there is a playlist of music on my YouTube channel for those that so wish. 

Here -> 

I've placed a small collection of songs to start and I'd love for you, GE's friends to add to it.
(Just post the info below & I'll add it.)

A service in Toledo, Ohio for Mark Anteau age 74, is in the works the family will know more Monday. So once we know we can make a plan to collect and send flowers, or if that is not of interest, I ask you too please make a donation to Home Coming in his name.
 If it's reached the months goal please revisit in future months. 

For he truly loved his friends and the friends he had yet to meet

@G E Man, you will be sorrowfully missed. 

Edited by Frosty Frozen
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 15

31 minutes ago, Frosty Frozen said:

(The last few days have been very tough for me, so forgive the tardiness of this post.)

@G E Man, a member of the City of Heroes & City of Heroes Home Coming community has passed on.

A friend to us all and my best friend. . 

There will be a CoH Memorial, for him held in ECHO Galaxy City as he did not start in Atlas Park back in the days of 2004. 

When: September 14th 10am PST / 1PM EST / 6PM United kingdom  / 3AM Australia 

Where: Echo Galaxy City, in front of the Freedom Corp Building.

How: Via Ouroboros, the back portal.

A few Notes:
The memorial in Toledo, Ohio for Mark Anteau age 74, is in the works the family will know more after the weekend.

This CoH service will be an in game event with no official voice support via Team Speak or Discord etc., due to the somber nature of the gathering, yet please feel free to do so among friends if one wishes too. 

The zone has been checked to support 150 players, so its enough room. 

As with memorials there is a playlist of music on my YouTube channel for those that so wish. 

Here -> 

I've placed a small collection of songs to start and I'd love for you, GE's friends to add to it.
(Just post the info below & I'll add it.)

A service in Toledo, Ohio for Mark Anteau age 74, is in the works the family will know more Monday. So once we know we can make a plan to collect and send flowers, or if that is not of interest, I ask you too please make a donation to Home Coming in his name.
 If it's reached the months goal please revisit in future months. 

For he truly loved his friends and the friends he had yet to meet

@G E Man, you will be sorrowfully missed. 

You may want to list which server for people who wish to attend

• Like 2

As always I am sad for the passing of someone who cared about people and who was cared about.  

It is also important to realize the happiness of being part of a community.  Celebrate life as we honor the sadness of loss.  

• Like 9

I knew GE from live, and he was a wonderful person. One of his characters, (Son of GE) was created in honor of his son who passed away. He was always friendly, helpful and kind. Rest in peace, old friend.

lwsWiip.png

• Like 6
y0Y5yFQ.png Forever grateful to be back in my city!

Remember him from back in the day on live & then reconnecting again when our home returned. He will definitely be missed and remembered, deepest condolences to his family and friends.

Rest in Peace G E Man

/e holdtorch

• Like 3

I don't Suffer from Insanity . . . I Enjoy every minute of IT! 🤪

People Around me get to SUFFER! 😼

Hello everyone, an update & bump.

I've talked to G E Man's family last night and they are super touched and amazed at the out pouring of love and support at the passing of G E Man/Mark, this community is sending out to them. They have asked that these comments here and on FB CoH groups be collected, with the intent of becoming a family keepsake book.

I'm ok with this, so I'm offering it to anyone that is not to notify me.

The family is very open and supportive of the CoH community in this sad time, with a few having expressed plans in attending the City of Heroes Memorial this Saturday for their departed brother or uncle.

They have also expressed that if anyone is inclined to send flowers, please instead make a donation to CoH Home Coming, to help keep the game and community G E loved so much going.

Edited by Frosty Frozen
  • Like 3

/holdtorch

rest well friend until we meet again in that place where no shadows fall and where heroes endure

• Like 2

My Dear you deserve the services of a great wizard but youll have to settle for the aid of a second rate pick pocket

~Schmendrick

So you mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword; and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?

Since this is a videogame, where in-game real estate is essentially limitless, maybe have a "Hall of Fallen Heroes" location that such memorials can be added, (and expanded upon if and when needed) - make it a door accessible off of Echo Plaza or something...

• Like 2

I always appreciated GE's genuine energy and enthusiasm.  He was active in some private channels I'm in and while he was opinionated (and I didn't always agree with those opinions) he was always, always respectful and never dismissive.  He is missed and the game suffers a loss with his absence. 

Rest in (electric) Power good sir.

• Like 1