1st level 50....

Donin

So i just got my ^^^^.

Im looking for a guide on....general things i should or should not be doing.  I understand this is vague.

Ive got my alpha slot and looked up leveling it up and such, and where that salvage comes from, so ITFs, but should i avoid some as a not tricked out level 50?   should i aim for doing something specific for a while then build up to "higher ITFs"? 

apologies for not being exactly specific, as i dont have much knowledge besides what i can find on here for guides to things and having little luck with the googles so far.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Microphone 1

8 minutes ago, Donin said:

So i just got my ^^^^.

Im looking for a guide on....general things i should or should not be doing.  I understand this is vague.

Ive got my alpha slot and looked up leveling it up and such, and where that salvage comes from, so ITFs, but should i avoid some as a not tricked out level 50?   should i aim for doing something specific for a while then build up to "higher ITFs"? 

apologies for not being exactly specific, as i dont have much knowledge besides what i can find on here for guides to things and having little luck with the googles so far.

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Main_Page

46 minutes ago, Snarky said:

Congratulations on your 50! 💥🏆🎉💥

Play the 50 and it will all work out.  

I agree with our resident bloodsucker here.

Congratulations. Playing the lvl 50 character, you'll build up influence, Reward merits, incarnate threads/enp merits, get recipes to drop, etc. you can use mods reborn and make a build on there then work towards slotting it out, unlock accolade powers, do TFs, Itrials, Dark Astoria content, etc.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Donin said:

Only one piece of the salvage comes from the ITF.  There are lots of other task forces that drop needed items.

The only task forces you might want to avoid currently are 'hard mode'.  These will be announced as hard mode or 1-star, 2-star, etc.  Currently, hard mode only exists for Imperious, Aeon and Lady Grey.  Anything else is fair game.

You can also start doing 'incarnate trials'.  This is high level content that will get you the materials to craft the incarnate powers in the other five slots.  Some of the harder itrials have specific requirements (like having higher level incarnate slots unlocked).  The 'starter itrials' are BAF (Behavior Adjustment Facility, but no one calls it that) and Lambda.  People typically recruit in Ouroboros.  Depending on what shard you're on, there might be a public schedule of what will be run each day.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

thanks for some tips.  i know baf is the kind of "entry" level incarnate, but i should be ok to do any incarnate trial? as long as not the hard modes?

i have mids builds for all 6 of my current guys. how good they are is debatable, but i can worry more about that later.

i just didnt want to join something and then be a complete waste of space for it. (playing rad/rad defender, so how useful could also be questioned past debuffs)

Thanks(?) for the link hc wiki link.  ill make sure i close all 6 open tabs i have of that before clicking on that one. 

• Haha 1

Stuff drops as you play (and continue to level, up to vet level 100.)

Things to avoid for now: Hard mode, Magisterium (which I typically see as advertised for 50+some levels, IE your level shifts.)

Things to run: Lower itrials (BAF/Lambda.) Dark Astoria - it's specifically incarnate content.  Also "anything else," stuff will drop as you play.

Tip: If running Mender Ramiel's arc to unlock alpha? Just drop the difficulty to -1x1, skip as much as you can (basically stealth non-talk-to missions 1 and 3, IE finding Trapdoor and the well/fighting the minotaur.) Why? You get Alpha unlocked at the end *anyway,* so why go through all the effort? *shrug* Always feels like the ixp you earn during the arc is basically wasted ixp at that point, to me.

Still not particularly fond of certain segments of this community.

20 minutes ago, Donin said:

thanks for some tips.  i know baf is the kind of "entry" level incarnate, but i should be ok to do any incarnate trial? as long as not the hard modes?

i have mids builds for all 6 of my current guys. how good they are is debatable, but i can worry more about that later.

i just didnt want to join something and then be a complete waste of space for it. (playing rad/rad defender, so how useful could also be questioned past debuffs)

Thanks(?) for the link hc wiki link.  ill make sure i close all 6 open tabs i have of that before clicking on that one. 

Incarnate trials are based on progression.  BAF and Lambda are fine to start.  

get your 50+1 (good in all 45+ content) by tier 3 your alpha of choice. 

there are two other level shifts (only pop in incarnate trials) for tier 3 Lore and Destiny.  Better to wait for the other trials for this to happen first

• Like 1

If you are in Excelsior, I recommend trying to get on a labyrinth team. Most are calling it speedy - but the only way to do it slowly would be to limit your movement - which might be bad, as the minotaur might catch you! 

There's a lot of information to absorb in the Labyrinth of Fog, but the rewards: 
25% more xp than anywhere else in game ( which would certainly help you unlock your incarnate slots relatively quickly) 
When you defeat the mino, you get an incarnate award table, in addition to a choice of 
5 Prismatics and 10 Monstrous Aethers ( you can sell the first one, and get a pet with the latter, or exchange the MAs for more prismatics  - which you can also get a Costume toggle with) 
3 Ultimate Inspirations (which give you a level shift for a minute) 
or 4 emp merits, which will certainly be useful in your incarnate journey. 

Various defeat badges, if your leader takes you to this Orange Font of Malevolence room. And, 75 merits if the Avatar of Achylus appears and gets defeated. 
I can't speak for the other servers. I suspect the others are also doing this as well, but can't be sure. 

• Like 1

thanks!  i have tier 2 alpha done already, so on my way there and most of the way through the next 2 being unlocked, but im not in a rush for sure.

i have avoided lab so far, cause i wasnt sure what id be getting into ,been running alts til i got more infos.  but the tips on trials and lab are useful for sure, so i can get back on him and run stuff. 

thanks again folks, much appreciated!