Who's Missing?

_NOPE_

I can't help but think that a number of the devs (some we know by name and others we don't know) aren't on already.

Several of them played ordinary player characters as a part of the community even back then. I suspect, as much as any of us, they still have enough nostalgia in the bank to want to pop on and poke around a bit. I suppose if they want to stay hidden, then I'm more than happy to accept their choice (though it would be fun to see them again).

They've been playing on a private server for the past 6 years with their hand-picked friends. That's left a few people with hard feelings, so maybe a reunion would be awkward, but I'd love to see them back and have the community properly united. They're probably attached to their existing characters though.

From what I have read and understand, the server was kept secret so what we have now could happen. The people working on the code had to do it without fear of repercussions from NCSoft lawsuits until they could make a version that everyone could have...and they did, although it was revealed earlier than it should have been. I would LOVE to see some of the original devs here, but perhaps there is also a legal reason they can't.

y0Y5yFQ.png Forever grateful to be back in my city!

Would love to find what became of Orion; also Richard 47 and Celtic Mystik.

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

I Miss the old PVP/TF Group from my VVS days

Soulkazm, Zani, Demon Gladiator, Tower & More

Mein gott. The cage matches, The supa troopa patrolling in RV/WB, Blowing up TF's at speeds that shouldn't be possible.

Good times.

I know that Vanden (I think that's his name) is back on the forums. I'm hoping he'll start reviewing AE missions again.

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

Any of the original devs (except any who might still be working for NCSoft or Cryptic, if any, unless that was a sign that we were unofficially okayed rather than one that they were watching). Positron and War Witch were always cool.

Also, since no one has replied to my post yet I don't know if they're around, but any Young Phalanx members, especially Back Yard Boom, the SG's founder and leader iirc.

• 2 weeks later

It seems I failed to make an impression. :'(  I spent so many years of my life on those boards.  I had 1400 posts!  Get it together, people!!!

Hey, what about EvilRyu?  He was a controversial figure on the boards.  But he made an impression.  It lead to some interesting threads, as I recall. 

There are some Forum Cartel members in that archived suggestions box thread if anyone would care to search through it. 

• Like 1

Formerly Negative_Man on the CoH forums (I'm more positive nowadays)

"I don't want it to appear that I'm willing to settle for anything. No-one likes a zombie without standards." -UnknownSubject

So I was reminded from the Warshade forums, but Dechs Kaison.

He was a great guy for Task Forces, I did several MoSTFs with him (and many more regular TFs).

Absolutely. Great help to so many ATs.

The Splintered Soul Project: (Nyght****) 21 and counting (18 max). 

DSorrow: “Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

Any of the original devs (except any who might still be working for NCSoft or Cryptic, if any, unless that was a sign that we were unofficially okayed rather than one that they were watching). Positron and War Witch were always cool.

If any of the original devs are playing on these servers I'm pretty sure they'd want to remain anonymous, just in case.

Defender Smash!