Taunt: 'Hur!' vs 'Arh!'

Hello ScoRe, Leandro...or whoever is in charge of the Taunt Department of Humane Resources,

Nearly every tank I seem to roll gets the guttural 'Hur!'  (That's 3 tanks in a row.)

Yet my Duo Partner's 1st roll is?  'Arh!' which sounds a bit more civilised.

Is there any chance we can choose our Taunt noise like we can our flight poses?  A hot fix?  A choice?

/taunt 'Arh!'

/taunt 'Hur!'

I really don't like the 'Hur' sound or the doubled over being sick pose either.

I like the grand standing come and get some pose better...WITH the 'Arh....'

Tank Love,

Azrael.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

From my experience there are three Taunt Audios: Female, Male and Huge Male. I was curious about this on Live and Made test toons and that seems to be what selects the audio. So I guess you just need to use a Male starting point and you'll be fine, there is probably not an easy way to change that on an existing character. But who knows......a little bribe here, and some grease there and you could be surprised to find how things go. heh, heh.

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

I've seen threads about exchanging or eliminating sounds.  The PIGG files I think?  Couldn't you replace the Hur PIGG with the Arh PIGG? 

I will probably never type a sentence like that again...

• Haha 1

Waaaiiit a minute. I think I'm misunderstanding. There's a way to change my male tank taunt sound to huge....

By surgeoning to huge, then? Back?

Ah, I misunderstood what you were trying to say then. I was just saying you can get the sound by at least changing the body type.

I cried a wee bit.

• 6 months later

Like the evil Mastermind Boyscout I am, I have performed Necromancy instead of creating a new thread:

Please put a spot on your plate for alternate taunts.  The Female Jungle Scream on my latest Tanker is bricking several necessary components of my soul.

It's awful.

Edited by Replacement
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

They are mainly dependent on body type. Some powersets have their own, like Axe or Savage Melee.  I don't play many melee characters so can't identify which one's of which you speak.

You can actually listen to them by using the following command and entering your base: /sg_music "filename"    (You do not need to use the .ogg extension, just the file name. You will have to have base editing rights to do this.)

It will only play once, so it would be a good idea to turn off auras/toggles.

FemTaunt1.ogg
FemTaunt2.ogg
FemTaunt3.ogg
FemTaunt4.ogg
FemTaunt5.ogg
FemTaunt5b.ogg
FemTaunt6.ogg
FemTaunt7.ogg
FemTaunt8.ogg
FemTaunt9.ogg
FemTaunt10.ogg

MaleTaunt1.ogg
MaleTaunt2.ogg
MaleTaunt3.ogg
MaleTaunt4.ogg
MaleTaunt5.ogg
MaleTaunt6.ogg
MaleTaunt6b.ogg
MaleTaunt7.ogg
MaleTaunt8.ogg
MaleTaunt9.ogg
MaleTaunt11.ogg
MaleTaunt12.ogg
MaleTaunt13.ogg
MaleTaunt14.ogg

taunt1.ogg
taunt2.ogg
taunt3.ogg
taunt4.ogg
taunt4b.ogg
taunt5.ogg

• Thanks 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

This is why I ended up with an Amazon Army.  I came up with quite a number of character concepts, but tankers, brutes, and scrappers have always been my favorites.  The female taunt in i2 was always 'A-Ha!" while the male was a "Waah" that sounded a bit like the 'adult' voices in a Peanuts cartoon.  I liked the female taunt much better so all of my tankers and brutes were female. 

Since then, the taunts have changed: mut my female shield/ax tanker has a terrible taunt.  But with the old line power sets the sound remans the same.

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

One of the things I always loved about my Dual Blade tank back-in-the-day was his absolutely SILENT Taunt. He just struck a stylish sort-of 'Have at thee!' pose, there was a little "flash" sound and then he got on with the stabbing... No silly grunting or ARRR!ing or any of that. It was nice.

So... My vote would actually be for a "minimal FX" version of Taunt that used the flash sound from DB, but didn't come with any attached vocalizations from the character at all.

Edited by Coyotedancer

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

Should be 4 taunts per body type based off the current stance/power set. 

Females:

Ah.... - uses one hand and doesnt' have shield defense

hah hah - this only comes from provoke i think in the presence pool

yell/scream - for shield users without a weapon. Same yell as when you turn on the tough power.

oooahhhh - the really pissed off sounding female. This is with shield defense and weapon and it happens on my mace character if im flying and not in idle hover stance.

Maybe another sound for shield users that use provoke or that rare person that uses a single target taunt on a scrapper.

I don't play male/huge characters but it should be roughly the same rules.

Edited by Noyjitat

26 minutes ago, Noyjitat said:

Should be 4 taunts per body type based off the current stance/power set. 

Females:

Ah.... - uses one hand and doesnt' have shield defense

hah hah - this only comes from provoke i think in the presence pool

yell/scream - for shield users without a weapon. Same yell as when you turn on the tough power.

oooahhhh - the really pissed off sounding female. This is with shield defense and weapon and it happens on my mace character if im flying and not in idle hover stance.

Maybe another sound for shield users that use provoke or that rare person that uses a single target taunt on a scrapper.

I don't play male/huge characters but it should be roughly the same rules.

Uh, no thanks. I don't want to be locked in to one, the point was to have customization, make them all options for all sets.

Just now, SwitchFade said:

Uh, no thanks. I don't want to be locked in to one, the point was to have customization, make them all options for all sets.

I wasn't saying you should be locked into one. Just stating what I know exists. I'm all for more customization.

With the way that PFX works, provided the SCORE/HC team hasn't changed stuff too much, it should be possible to make multiple customizations for taunts that use the different sounds selectable like any other power customization. The issue then becomes how many such options per taunt power the team would be willing to modify and add to customization options, which might be compounded for any taunts that have VFX, because then you'd likely also need matching versions for the regular and one or more color-tinted and/or no-FX options.

So it's probably do-able, but might not be worth the time and effort for what's gotten out of it.

On 2/7/2020 at 11:35 PM, SwitchFade said:

Martha forking thread neeeeecrooooo!

Please, give us back "aaaaAAAAAaaaahhhhhh!" For male tanks. No more hrrrrrrrr!

Amen to that.  All I'm getting our 'Hurrrr!' tanks.  Captain Powerhouse?  Can you enlighten us in our (aaahhh...) hour of need?

I was hoping it would sneak into the Tank patch...  /Taunt 1 or /Taunt 2

Azrael.

On 7/18/2019 at 6:55 AM, Golden Azrael said:

Hello ScoRe, Leandro...or whoever is in charge of the Taunt Department of Humane Resources,

Nearly every tank I seem to roll gets the guttural 'Hur!'  (That's 3 tanks in a row.)

Yet my Duo Partner's 1st roll is?  'Arh!' which sounds a bit more civilised.

Is there any chance we can choose our Taunt noise like we can our flight poses?  A hot fix?  A choice?

/taunt 'Arh!'

/taunt 'Hur!'

I really don't like the 'Hur' sound or the doubled over being sick pose either.

I like the grand standing come and get some pose better...WITH the 'Arh....'

Tank Love,

Azrael.

I wondered about this myself. I wanted the old taunt back, unsure why it was ever needed to change. It used to be (iirc) that the large bodied Tanks would get the Arh (which to me sounded way better and more intimidating) while the small bodied tanks and females got the hur sound. Now they all get the same taunt...bah. So yes, I am right there with you, either change it back to what it used to be or give us the option. I thumbs up this thread.