Base Request Items

pheeonix

• 2 weeks later

screenshot_2008-04-05-16-11-37.thumb.jpg.9250c3f2302c3aecf814a2cd138fecdb.jpg

From the old game.  Lead villain (brute) Beata Beatrix doing her patron arc.  This was Ghost Widow's, I think, which not many people run any more.  At any rate, I want this wall art. 

• Like 3
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

@DarrialBook

"Can we please have AH?

The Auction House is not accessible in instanced maps, which bases are.  The short reason is because it puts a massive load on the mapservers."

The homecoming devs can't add the auction house to bases.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Excelsior Server: Giovanni Valia, Operative Velez, Fortunata Valeri, LongFang Mercer

SG: Shades of Arachnos; 315-6811

More themed NPCs would be amazing. Working on a villain base right now, and throwing some Freakshow, Trolls, or Arachnos NPCs around it would really bring it to life. I imagine the same could be said for a lot of bases! I know that assets already exist for various themed dancing NPCs from Pocket D, and just having those would be cool for club themed bases.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later

History plaques. Wall mounted and memorial style. (Especially wall mounted.) It would be really neat if you could write a description on them that was click-readable, like real plaques you find in zones.

We already have decorative exploration markers available, but how about setting them up so that there's an actual exploration badge associated with them. Say, a base can install a single, active exploration marker. If you visit eight bases with these, you earn an exploration badge. Call it... All About That Base (No Trouble). Or maybe... All Your Base Are Belong To Me.

• Like 1

On 11/1/2019 at 8:17 AM, humanowl said:

More themed NPCs would be amazing. Working on a villain base right now, and throwing some Freakshow, Trolls, or Arachnos NPCs around it would really bring it to life. I imagine the same could be said for a lot of bases! I know that assets already exist for various themed dancing NPCs from Pocket D, and just having those would be cool for club themed bases.

YES.  I'm doing a military-themed base, everything looks so strange with a whole bunch of civilians milling about and manning consoles that should be operated by Soldiers..  If we could have Soldier NPCs, like the ones at Firebase Zulu, that would be absolutely awesome. 

• Like 2

I did search the thread, but I didn't read through 8 pages to see if this has been asked for already. Sorry if it's a duplicate.

I'd like NPCs that can cheer, wave fist, victory, etc.

• Like 1

For all The sci-Fi peeps who want to give a feeling of our base being in space. Window patches that give an appearance of looking out into vast space of varying sizes. 

This would be useful in creating things like an appearance of an actual working hangar bay to put the aircraft in or just windows in certain areas of your base to give it general appeal of immersion.

Wouldn’t have to be just open space either , open sky, shadow shard etc. something that gives the base some feeling of not just being an underground bunker . 

Edited by Gravitus
  • Like 3

On 11/22/2019 at 12:25 AM, TigerFirehammer said:

YES.  I'm doing a military-themed base, everything looks so strange with a whole bunch of civilians milling about and manning consoles that should be operated by Soldiers..  If we could have Soldier NPCs, like the ones at Firebase Zulu, that would be absolutely awesome. 

I would replace most of my NPCs with Cimerorans if they were available. 

• Like 2

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

On 11/27/2019 at 3:56 PM, ElPuerco said:

I did search the thread, but I didn't read through 8 pages to see if this has been asked for already. Sorry if it's a duplicate.

I'd like NPCs that can cheer, wave fist, victory, etc.

All of this occurs with at least some of the "Listening" NPCs.

• Like 1

@Super Whatsit

Superbase passcode (Excelsior) is "passcode-6475"

It's all a Nemesis plot.  But not everything is a Nemesis plot!

On 11/29/2019 at 6:56 AM, Gravitus said:

For all The sci-Fi peeps who want to give a feeling of our base being in space. Window patches that give an appearance of looking out into vast space of varying sizes. 

This would be useful in creating things like an appearance of an actual working hangar bay to put the aircraft in or just windows in certain areas of your base to give it general appeal of immersion.

Wouldn’t have to be just open space either , open sky, shadow shard etc. something that gives the base some feeling of not just being an underground bunker . 

I saw a base with an "inside of a space ship travelling through space" theme last night.  Several portals to the outside and the effect worked very well.  You even had a portal next to the port engines!  There was one room where a spaceship had crashed in and through the outer wall and there was a "repair drone" (ie: the Workshop drones with Arcane/Tech Effects to simulate welding torches and etc.) busy working on it.

• Like 1

@Super Whatsit

Superbase passcode (Excelsior) is "passcode-6475"

It's all a Nemesis plot.  But not everything is a Nemesis plot!

1 hour ago, Display Name said:

I saw a base with an "inside of a space ship travelling through space" theme last night.  Several portals to the outside and the effect worked very well.  You even had a portal next to the port engines!  There was one room where a spaceship had crashed in and through the outer wall and there was a "repair drone" (ie: the Workshop drones with Arcane/Tech Effects to simulate welding torches and etc.) busy working on it.

It is possible but not without giving yourself a huge headache in the process . Although I would be curious to see what that looks like .

• 2 weeks later
  • 3 weeks later

Three small requests: Coffee Machines/Pots, Arms Racks and Ammo Pallets as decoration.

Coffee: Well -- Coffee. The black Arachnos cups are neat, as are the beer taps, bottles-o-booze, etc., but while I do like the occasional Irish Coffee, that requires coffee. The only thing I've found besides the Arachnos cup is a Drenched Donuts cup.

Arms Rack: Meaning, not the decorative weapon-in-a-case; while nice, that's a museum piece, not a practical item. My rationale is simple: Whether it's "GI JOE", COBRA, Arachnos, or Longbow, and whether or not you're running a MM, there should be a place to hold a LOT of conventional weapons in a SG base, because there will always be hordes of extra's in a SG backstory that will need boom-sticks, sharp-n-pointy objects, or both.

Ammo Pallet: .....Well, those boom-sticks won't load themselves.....

Neither of these need to be active, but just something for looks.......

Pics:

image.png.52b65d02d994f8230700f49c3e6ef09b.png

image.png.8007bce07044fb5cc16773214aeb38c8.png

image.thumb.png.38f372859b08263ea12b9c58b5141e7c.png

image.png.08a74646d9dda9fb894aebd9807ec8a1.png

image.png.de6c5635578d33953a8a55d547bf88e5.png

image.png.68e8bbe38ec8dbe42b0f0302543cc0fb.png

image.png.2542dbb24ed55863b07d4fa827868d7b.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by Clinkerbuilt

There are a number of weapon racks already in game that hold such items as rifles, swords, maces and such,  Most are floor mounted but that's easy enough to change. 

• 3 weeks later

This First Ward road texture as a surface. I followed them for quite a while and there appears to be seamed sections of straight, split, intersection and curved roadways with repeating textures. I could see seams in several areas.

spacer.png

These buildings from Praetoria

Spoiler

spacer.pngspacer.png

These circling seagulls found throughout the game

spacer.png

This masonry surface texture from Praetoria

spacer.png

These local business signs from Paragon, Praetoria and the Rogue Isles.

Spoiler

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Edited by Phoebus
  • Like 2

Primarily:  AH/Auction House/Wentworth's/Black Market interface, although that might place too much of a load on the system.

Secondary:  Statues of the primary villains and heroes.  Noticed that we have one for Dominatrix (the Praetorian), but, oddly, not Ms. Liberty.  Currently have Ghost Widow and Dominatrix facing each other in one of my arcane-themed bases where the teleports are.

Excelsior shard TP hub with sorted zones and NPCs for your use: /macroimage archetypeicon_peacebringer SG_TP_RaDiCaL_(Tech_Theme) enter_base_from_passcode RADICAL-7910

Torchbearer shard TP hub with sorted zones and NPCs for your use:  /macroimage originicon_magic SG_TP_AllOurBase_(Arcane_Theme) enter_base_from_passcode ALLOURBASE-7287

Reunion shard TP hub with sorted zones and NPCs for your use:  /macroimage originicon_magic SG_TP_Introverts_(Arcane_Theme) enter_base_from_passcode INTROVERTS-3357

Everlasting (the unofficial RP shard, and, yes, the base is MEANT to be a little 'over-the-top' LOL) TP hub with sorted zones and NPCs for your use:  /macroimage originicon_magic SG_TP_SHADOWS_(Arcane_Theme) enter_base_from_passcode SHADOWS-10030

Indomitable shard with NPCs right at the entrance and the teleports just down the hallway and to the left (follow the arrows):  /macroimage archetypeicon_peacebringer SG_TP_ToTaLLY_RaD_(Tech_Theme) enter_base_from_passcode RAD-5896