I've been playing a fair number of teleporting toons and have used some binds that used to be quite popular. I am writing this guide to help you take advantage of them as well.

Teleport and Mystic Flight

There are two main teleportation binds that I use. You know how you have to use the power tray's [Teleport] button, then click into the game world somewhere? One of them removes the need to activate that button! Instead, you can just hold Shift when you Left Click to teleport yourself immediately. This isn't just easier when travelling. This opens up Teleport as a useful combat tool, allowing you to blink around a room during a fight. I've used this to move around a big room when my party needed me to be somewhere, and to save time when quickly escaping combat. If you use Sorcery's Mystic Flight you can also bind [Translocation] in the same way, but I personally feel the benefits are smaller. The binds are in a box at the bottom of this post.

Recall Friend

Ever drop in combat only to find the enemies standing on top of you, making you unable to revive easily? Back in the day a large number of Defenders would use [Recall Friend] to pull downed teammates out of combat. This would allow the teammate to use Awaken or other weak forms of revive without the fear of the same enemies that just killed them. Additionally, I often use Recall Friend to help my teammates reach the door of a Mission more quickly. To lessen the annoyance factor of someone immediately going to the hospital or complaining about being recalled unexpectedly, I created a bind that adds a private message to the person you're teleporting. This common courtesy also cuts down on the occasional teammate that doesn't realize they split the party complaining about you reuniting them. The bind is in a box at the bottom of this post.

How to re-bind them:

You can just copy any of these three (including the slash symbol at the beginning) by highlighting them and using Ctrl+C on your keyboard. Then, open the game. Get ready to type just like you were going to say something in the chat. (Maybe hit Enter, maybe click into the chat bar, whatever you usually do to talk in game.) Paste the bind into the chat bar by hitting Ctrl+V on your keyboard. You should see the copied text appear in the chat bar. Then, hit Enter like you're trying to say the text in chat. It doesn't matter if you correctly type the bind or not, you won't see anything until you try the bind out, so immediately try the bind out!

Here are the binds:

Teleport

/bind lshift+lbutton powexecname teleport

Mystic Flight /bind lshift+lbutton powexecname translocation
Recall Friend /macro RF "tell $target, I'm about to move you to my location.$$powexecname recall friend"

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Good info to share!  Back on live I used similar binds as well, and it's a game-changer for the teleport travel powers.

On homecoming, though, I prefer a slightly different Recall Friend bind.  I'm at work so I may mess up the details, but it uses the location targeting command to remove the extra click:

/macro RF "tell $target, I'm about to move you to my location.$$powexec_location self recall friend"

• Thanks 1

Yep.  The powexec_location command did not exist on live, and from what I'm told the ParagonWiki folks are not on board with updating the site with information about what's newly-added to the game.  This will work on Homecoming and many of the other CoH servers, but not ones that are staying super-close to the live game from 2012.

This is a nicely written guide about Homecoming QoL features, many of which aren't allowed to be on ParagonWiki:

Another fun one for teleport:

/bind mousechord powexeclocation camera:max teleport

Hold right mouse button, rotate camera to aim, click left mouse button, teleport straight out as far as you can.

• Thanks 2

Always happy to answer questions in game, typically hanging around Help.
Global is @Zolgar, and tends to be tagged in Help.

Or the simplest of all: /bind LeftDoubleClick "powexecname Teleport"

I've tried them all and this one is just... convenient. No brains, no complex finger moves, just click and go, click and go.

I use MOUSECHORD for +up, so I can jump over obstacles while on autorun, one handed.

And the easy look-around, get-moving-from-canyons, emergency escape bind: /bind U "powexeclocation up:max Teleport"

Bam. One key and you're up an outta there.

Edited by Shenanigunner
  • Like 3

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

On 7/25/2019 at 4:23 PM, Some Random User said:

Here are the binds:

Teleport

/bind lshift+lbutton powexecname teleport

Mystic Flight /bind lshift+lbutton powexecname translocation
Recall Friend /macro RF "tell $target, I'm about to move you to my location.$$powexecname recall friend"

Rather than having two binds, I chose to set mine up as

lctrl+lbutton "powexecname Translocation$$powexecname Teleport"

This way, I have one bind that can go into my file of default binds, and it doesn't matter whether the character has Mystic Flight or Teleport, the ctrl-mousebutton combo works (since I don't expect to be taking both on any character, although the bind is set up to prefer Teleport over Translocation if you have both, so it won't require you to be flying to teleport).

• Like 1

• 2 months later

So, first of all, I just want to say this is the best thread ever. Turns Teleport from a minor annoyance to a gawd power.

On 7/26/2019 at 2:59 PM, Shenanigunner said:

And the easy look-around, get-moving-from-canyons, emergency escape bind: /bind U "powexeclocation up:max Teleport"

Bam. One key and you're up an outta there.

I have a question about this one. I tried it and it seems to just teleport me max forward, and not max up. Is there a trick to it?

• 3 weeks later

I have a macro that uses the powexeclocation command on my TARGET. This allows me to teleport right out of a clogged mass of foes directly to a boss or whoever needs a good shanking. When I come out of the teleport I typically hit build up and then drop a nice big direct attack or AoE. For this I've actually used the macro icon variant to craft a combat teleport button for myself.  It's especially great on MSR, trials, or any time 2 masterminds are on the team.

• Like 1

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

On 11/12/2019 at 4:38 PM, Erydanus said:

I have a macro that uses the powexeclocation command on my TARGET. This allows me to teleport right out of a clogged mass of foes directly to a boss or whoever needs a good shanking. When I come out of the teleport I typically hit build up and then drop a nice big direct attack or AoE. For this I've actually used the macro icon variant to craft a combat teleport button for myself.  It's especially great on MSR, trials, or any time 2 masterminds are on the team.

Nice! I'm adding this to my Warshade this evening for telebombing in for EclipseMireNukes. 

• 4 weeks later

Thought I would share my normal Teleport binds. These are mostly modifications of others above. You can substitute out any of the keys I have used in the examples for any other key you prefer. They could also be converted to macros.

(1) Press the Q key and teleport the max distance straight forward: [[  /bind Q "powexec_location camera:max Teleport"  ]]

Super helpful for fast long-distance movement.

(2) Press the Numberpad 0 key, teleport to your selected target: [[  /bind numpad0 "powexec_location target Teleport"  ]]

This works on any target that is already selected, opponent, teammate, friend, pet.

(3) Using the numberpad, select a Teammate by ordered number and teleport to them: [[  /bind numpad2 "team_select 2$$powexec_location target Teleport"  ]]

The example above is teammate #2. Set up a bind for each teammate 1 through 8. The tricky part about this is that it requires two clicks, one to select the target, and one to teleport. Just quickly double-click the key to get over there instantly.

Using these can really get you around combat much better.

One thing to note about teleporting while standing on the ground, any slight elevation difference may interrupt your teleport distance. Sometimes it will stop the teleport entirely, and sometimes it will just teleport you to the point of interference.  I have tested this a bit and cannot find any consistency in how it chooses to react. 

Another note when teleporting to target, sometimes, for no apparent reason, you land just out of range of your target. Again, I cannot find any rhyme or reason for when this happens.

• 3 months later
  • 2 weeks later

So I'm running into a hiccup with my Warshade binds. I believe this should work, but in practice only the latter power activates (depending on how I order the bind).

/bind lshift+lbutton "pow_exec_name shadow step$$pow_exec_name black dwarf step" --> only the black dwarf step works

and

/bind lshift+lbutton "pow_exec_name black dwarf step$$pow_exec_name shadow step" --> only shadow step works.

Am I missing something?

1 hour ago, Surge Protector said:

So I'm running into a hiccup with my Warshade binds. I believe this should work, but in practice only the latter power activates (depending on how I order the bind).

/bind lshift+lbutton "pow_exec_name shadow step$$pow_exec_name black dwarf step" --> only the black dwarf step works

and

/bind lshift+lbutton "pow_exec_name black dwarf step$$pow_exec_name shadow step" --> only shadow step works.

Am I missing something?

You can only run one power per bind/macro...and it'll always be the last one in the string.  So these are working as designed...Such as the design is...

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

9 minutes ago, justicebeliever said:

You can only run one power per bind/macro...and it'll always be the last one in the string.  So these are working as designed...Such as the design is...

Hmmm, well that makes sense. I'll have to come up with a creative solution to the problem then. Thanks!

• 7 months later

That doesn't seem to work, I think I may need to use the powexeclocation command now.

And I have no idea how to actually use powexec_location in a bind now.

Hmm. This works, but I couldn't get the "say" part and it to work.

/bind ctrl+t powexec_location self teleport target

Edited by arthurh35353
Added points.

Now that we live in a "Combat Teleport" world, I'm having some issues with keybinding.  My standard keyboard set up is to bind the tilde key ( " ` " immediate left of the number keys) to either "target_enemy_near" on ranged toons, and "target_enemy_near$$follow" on melee toons.  I'd like to add a "powexec_location target Combat Teleport" to the chain, but I can't seem to get it to work consistently.   In a perfect world, it would target the nearest enemy, either activate Combat Teleport if in range, Teleport if not in range, and then follow the target.  Any thoughts?  I'm not opposed to a rotating bind set up, if that will make it work.

• 1 year later

Just saw this thread, I generally use

/bind n  PowExecLocation 0:5 Teleport Target

for teleport target. I like to use the degrees (-359 to 359) for non-target PowExecLocation commands as they look cleaner.

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

On 4/15/2020 at 3:30 AM, Surge Protector said:

and

Am I missing something?

Try

/bind lshift+lbutton "pow_exec_location 0:max shadow step$$pow_exec_location 0:max black dwarf step"

I think that is what I am using for mine, and it it works fine.

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

• 2 months later

For those that need to juke about in combat, these are rather useful:

SHIFT+W "powexeclocation forward:20 Combat Teleport"
SHIFT+A "powexeclocation left:20 Combat Teleport"
SHIFT+S "powexeclocation back:20 Combat Teleport"

SHIFT+D "powexeclocation right:20 Combat Teleport"

This basically maps the normal movement WASD keys to use CT for 'shifted' versions.  Change the distance to whatever you like, within range of Combat Teleport of course.  Alternatively you could use SHIFT+WASD for standard Teleporting at higher distances, and CTRL+WASD for combat 'ports.   

The only limitation I've run into is the 3-port cooldown for Combat Teleport, but you can always use standard Teleport to get out of a bind (get it? 'bind', haha) if your Combat 'port goes on cooldown.   

I've also set up the "bungee cord/escape hatch" using Teleport, thus:

SHIFT+SPACE "powexeclocation up:max Teleport"

SHIFT+X "powexeclocation down:max Teleport"

What these do is yeet you upward when you SHIFT the default "jump" key, and drop you downward when you SHIFT the default "drop" key.  By specifying ":max" as the distance, you're only limited to your teleport range OR the absolute ceiling height of the area you're in / whatever surface is below you (whichever is less).  Because Teleport also gives you 15 seconds of "Untouchable" status and free hover-in-place, it makes for a great way to bail on a fight that's going badly (it does NOT dump aggro, but jumping out of range to tag Inner Inspiration and perhaps find a better spot to recover is invaluable).  

For Warshades, substitute the appropriate Step power for either Teleport or Combat Teleport - remember to load your 'port binds when you change forms.  Translocation can also be used as above, but, the animation time for Translocation (plus the requirement that Mystic Flight be on) makes it a little less useful.  You can also use Jaunt (from the Speed pool) but ... my goodness that power is noisy and disruptive, so I'm totally not advertising any means for people to spam it!

I've attached the binds I use for all of my teleporters.  Save it in your Settings  / Live folder, then in game: 

/bindloadfile teleport-bind.txt

teleport-bind.txt

Edited by MistressOhm
  • Thumbs Up 3

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------

15252 Child of the Tsoo - [SFMA] Ninjas, sorcerers, and human trafficking (Origin Story - Stick Figure/Storm Lotus)

50769 Hunt of the Eclipse - [SFMA] Finding something that was lost to Arachnos for nearly 20 years (Origin Story - Daisy Chain)

53149 Spells as a Service - [SFMA] When a young hacker makes a connection between magic and mathematics and encodes it into a computer program, chaos breaks loose!