Scrapper Ninjutsu

drgantz

2 minutes ago, drgantz said:

Is Ninjutsu a good Scrapper Secondary?  When I read Stalker forums, they say that Ninjutsu is weaker than many other Secondaries.
I was surprised that it has a stealth ability.  Is this good, or is it a waste of a slot?

I've dabbled in the set, and from that, I can tell you that you're trading raw defense for a lot of utility.  If you want maximum survivability, then look elsewhere, but if you want a ton of tricks and other buffs at your disposal, then ninjitsu is for you...

Able to soft cap.  Self heal.  Has an End Mod ability that's basically a heal for your blue bar (I two slotted it with 2 +5 EndMod/RCH IOs and called it good).

The Stealth stacks with the Strealth IO.  I put a slot in Sprint instead of the Stealth power myself, so I could get the 2.25 S/L Resist bonus.

the obvious comparisons are with shield defense and super reflexes.  all 3 sets are able to easily cap positional defense, so thats not really an issue.  all 3 sets get a stackable status defense clicky (instead of toggle).  shield and ninja get a decent baseline of resistances.  the biggest "issue" with ninja is that, as a set based on defense, it has the *lowest* defense debuff resistance (around 35%).  but if you overcap defense slightly and use ageless incarnate, that "hole" is not really a big issue.

really nothing wrong at all with ninja.  very self sufficient and simple.

• Like 1

I don't get the notion that it's bad for Stalkers and I really really like my Scrapper.  The endurance "heal" basically covers endurance woes from the time you get it to when you don't need it any more due to bonuses.

I also don't get the notion of "trading raw defense" either.  This was very easy to soft-cap to all positions.  Then on top of that you've got the bag of tricks.

To the question about the Stealth (Shinobi-iri) ability, no way should you skip it.  It's not just stealth (which as mentioned above, stacks with another form of stealth for pve invis) but a key component for +Def (5+ %).  

So ultimately to the main question posed - yes, it's good.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later

Tricked out my Kat/Nin scrapper today and what I noticed most in comparison to SR is that the self-heal just can NOT keep up with the lack off defense debuff resistance. The nin has around 35% versus sr's 95% and the cascading defense failures I'm seeing are proof to me that DDR rocks. Granted, I noticed it most on a DA mission with nothing by Peacebringer cops ... but ... ouch.

• Like 2

• 2 years later

I have leveled my Scrapper to Veteran 35 with Martial Arts/Ninjutsu. I find that wading amongst the evil masses alone you can survive a lot longer than other peeps....however....one cannot survive forever by racing ahead and engaging the mass solo (thats why you have TF groups to help each other along) 🙂 

(incarnate powers help too!!) :) :)

Dark Lo'Tuss (Excelsior Server)

• 3 weeks later

I have a 50 DB/Ninj scrapper.  As people say, it's a solid set.  Low DDR and not much offensive boost (there's the crit from "hide" thing, but it's once per fight and with low stealth sometimes hard to set up) are the negatives.  It's fun to be totally unconcerned with psi damage.

I usually run barrier to paper over defense debuff situations.

7 minutes ago, aethereal said:

I have a 50 DB/Ninj scrapper.  As people say, it's a solid set.  Low DDR and not much offensive boost (there's the crit from "hide" thing, but it's once per fight and with low stealth sometimes hard to set up) are the negatives.  It's fun to be totally unconcerned with psi damage.

I usually run barrier to paper over defense debuff situations.

The free crit from stealth is only really useful solo, but it is incredibly awesome solo. It feels so cool.