Costume Request Thread!

QueenBethari

Hey all you costume fashionistas, I come seeking your aid.

I have one costume I've been struggling with for my resistance mind/earth dom. The idea is that they are a former seer who was infected by hamidon. Now they're basically a devouring earth creature but have retained their humanity. By touching Hamidon's mind they also were freed from the SEER network. 

So I want to merge the wild look of a Devouring Earth but retain elements of their former SEER self. They can be Male, female or huge, I just want a nice balance between those elements. 

Thanks on advance everyone.

• Like 1

Hey PoitVok, this maybe too much of a hybrid but here's my take on your character.

The Devoured Seer:

Seer01.thumb.jpg.9f2887ca31669d1ee871e22ddee4523c.jpg

It's a female with the height and physique made bigger, shoulders and breasts made wider and fuller - this is to emulate the more reptilian physique she would be evolving into.

Widen the face a little and reduce the nose to suggest that the facial features are slowly disappearing. The visor already lends itself to being a Seer and rendering the face even more featureless.

The Circle of Thorn gloves made to match the skin colour as much as possible to (hopefully) show the lower arms and hands are slowly widening and changing form.

Clawed boots made to match skin colour as well to show the nonhuman toe configuration of the Reptilian body she is slowly turning into.

The tights were tricky because I wanted something that would look like the Seer's uniform but show that even the body underneath was slowly changing configuration.

Anyways it's just my take on your character but I do hope you like it or it gives you other ideas.

AC

Edited by Agent Canada
  • Like 1

On 1/27/2020 at 5:46 PM, MattL1222 said:

He is someone who used to be a small time thug until he got mutated and gained super powers, thinking like super strength for a powerset and a regular male, atleast for body type, huge works as well

You didn't ask for much directly but going with this statement, My take revolves around a street kid / gang member who hits it big time when it comes to superpowers but hasn't outgrown the gangbanger mentality. He wears modified clothing to make his costume and name stick out but it is really his physique and skin that makes him a super.

Iron Horse:

IronHorse01.thumb.jpg.3b31e031a5c9d97ef813d8cb241fb971.jpg

He would make for a good street level tank even though I made him a Brute. With a name like Iron Horse you could give him super speed as a non-traditional tank movement. and the name and concept would work for all alignments too. Just messing around here as I said you didn't ask for anything too specific .

AC

Edited by Agent Canada
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, PoitVok said:

I have one costume I've been struggling with for my resistance mind/earth dom. The idea is that they are a former seer who was infected by hamidon. Now they're basically a devouring earth creature but have retained their humanity. By touching Hamidon's mind they also were freed from the SEER network. 

So I want to merge the wild look of a Devouring Earth but retain elements of their former SEER self. They can be Male, female or huge, I just want a nice balance between those elements. 

I went with a colour scheme close to the Seed of Hamidon for her Devouring Earth portions, and like Agent Canada stuck with something close to a Seer's uniform though I did tone down the red.

Seismic_Seer.thumb.png.bba50fae38fba8f37da2801b1821abe6.png

• Like 2

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

On 2/9/2020 at 4:54 PM, Agent Canada said:

You didn't ask for much directly but going with this statement, My take revolves around a street kid / gang member who hits it big time when it comes to superpowers but hasn't outgrown the gangbanger mentality. He wears modified clothing to make his costume and name stick out but it is really his physique and skin that makes him a super.

Iron Horse:

IronHorse01.thumb.jpg.3b31e031a5c9d97ef813d8cb241fb971.jpg

He would make for a good street level tank even though I made him a Brute. With a name like Iron Horse you could give him super speed as a non-traditional tank movement. and the name and concept would work for all alignments too. Just messing around here as I said you didn't ask for anything too specific .

AC

Can I haz costume file for Mr. Iron Horse? Im sorry for not being more specific btw

On 2/9/2020 at 1:52 PM, PoitVok said:

Here's my attempt.  I tried to emulate the original Seer's uniform, only altered/damaged as a result of being partially taken over/fused with The Hamidon.  The second version is with the backpack/neck ring.  Hope you like it!

hamidon seer 2.png

hamidon seer 2.costume hamidon seer.costume

Edited by biostem

On 2/11/2020 at 8:16 PM, MattL1222 said:

Can I haz costume file for Mr. Iron Horse? Im sorry for not being more specific btw

Sorry MattL1222, after loading in to the tutorial to take the pictures, I got rid of the character, so I don't actually have a costume file for him. No need to apologize for not being specific, it just meant that any attempt would be more a personal taste thing on my part.  Feel free to keep the picture if it helps you make the character up. and feel free to tweak the heck out of it as well.

AC

• 2 weeks later

I've been trying to find a suitable replacement for the K9 Ears part, which is available in Icon, but not in the live server.

Here's a shot of them in use for Hellhound, but I use the part a lot in almost all my dog-based characters.  I've defaulted to using Cat Ears, but frankly, it's a poor substitute.

Suggestions?

Hellhound.png

• Like 2

Alright, so I’m not super terrible at making costumes, but I do feel like I lack the complexity of some other creators. I have a Fire/Time/Dark corruptor I’ve been trying to get a couple of really nice(or should I say dark) costumes for. I couldn’t find any examples and I don’t have a backstory in mind to limit what the costumes could be. My only limitations are beast/robot pieces as I absolutely detest those. Aside from that I’m open to just about any costume suggestions that get tossed at me. Would really appreciate the help! 

• Like 1

Complexity is not an asset. Sure, it allows for some interesting costumes, but we are comic book characters. A jumpsuit with a C on the chest is all you need. In fact, making your character look unique with a more cartoon-like costume is more impressive.

• Like 1

Aquacat Sig.jpg

Aquacat (Level 50 Water/Regen Sentinel, Indomitable, 851 badges)

On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2020 at 2:51 PM, MaskedMan said:

I think it would be cool if we could wear our logos on our backs. Or front AND back. OR... even cooler... a logo on the front and a Different one on the back!

...AND...

A logo plus a bandelier at the same time... 🥰

While we're at it, patterns on the hair. There's no reason the same patterns used on other body parts couldn't also be applied to the hair.

Edited by LordXenophon
nuance

Aquacat Sig.jpg

2 hours ago, LordXenophon said:

Complexity is not an asset. Sure, it allows for some interesting costumes, but we are comic book characters. A jumpsuit with a C on the chest is all you need. In fact, making your character look unique with a more cartoon-like costume is more impressive.

I somewhat agree with this statement. Im not a young guy by any means, but I’m probably younger than most I come across in COH. So because of that, I’m used to the new age costumes which is what leads me to chase a bit of complexity in what my toons wear. Unique looks are definitely what I would love, but something that catches your eye and refuses to let you look elsewhere is such an attractive thought to me lol. Idk maybe it’s just my young mentality at work. 

1 hour ago, Dynastyjay said:
4 hours ago, Dynastyjay said:

Alright, so I’m not super terrible at making costumes, but I do feel like I lack the complexity of some other creators. I have a Fire/Time/Dark corruptor I’ve been trying to get a couple of really nice(or should I say dark) costumes for. I couldn’t find any examples and I don’t have a backstory in mind to limit what the costumes could be. My only limitations are beast/robot pieces as I absolutely detest those. Aside from that I’m open to just about any costume suggestions that get tossed at me. Would really appreciate the help! 

3 hours ago, LordXenophon said:

I somewhat agree with this statement. Im not a young guy by any means, but I’m probably younger than most I come across in COH. So because of that, I’m used to the new age costumes which is what leads me to chase a bit of complexity in what my toons wear. Unique looks are definitely what I would love, but something that catches your eye and refuses to let you look elsewhere is such an attractive thought to me lol. Idk maybe it’s just my young mentality at work. 

Okay, so no Beast or Robot pieces.

Male? Female? Huge? Or does it matter?

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

Great topic here. I'm not great at costumes and I hoping someone here can help me out. I have a kernel of an character idea that needs to be a "fallen angel" sort of character. She'd be a hero still, so not too villainous. Female, and for this character, the only thing I "know" is that I'd like that "flaming halo" costume item for her. If anyone wants to give a go on a costume, I'd be grateful for some ideas and .costume files.

2 hours ago, Oubliette_Red said:

Okay, so no Beast or Robot pieces.

Male? Female? Huge? Or does it matter?

I prefer male. I usually boost the height up as high as it’ll go, and bump the physique a slight bit above the middle where it starts. 

3 hours ago, Hardship said:

Great topic here. I'm not great at costumes and I hoping someone here can help me out. I have a kernel of an character idea that needs to be a "fallen angel" sort of character. She'd be a hero still, so not too villainous. Female, and for this character, the only thing I "know" is that I'd like that "flaming halo" costume item for her. If anyone wants to give a go on a costume, I'd be grateful for some ideas and .costume files.

I'm a big sucker for "myth made modern" themes.  As soon as I read your post, I immediately thought dark red (maybe purple) business-y pants-suit, with the "cellphone" and "wait" emotes on a hotkey bind.  A young professional who's all too eager to show how busy he or she is, but with a halo and wings.

Edit:  Attaching a screenie and costume file for a quickly thrown together idea.  Went dark red with orange highlights; also went with Vanguard sword and shield for extra orange-ness.

BusinessAngel.png

Business Angel.costume

Edited by TheOtherTed

14 hours ago, TheOtherTed said:

I'm a big sucker for "myth made modern" themes.  As soon as I read your post, I immediately thought dark red (maybe purple) business-y pants-suit, with the "cellphone" and "wait" emotes on a hotkey bind.  A young professional who's all too eager to show how busy he or she is, but with a halo and wings.

Edit:  Attaching a screenie and costume file for a quickly thrown together idea.  Went dark red with orange highlights; also went with Vanguard sword and shield for extra orange-ness.

Thank you! I like that as a starting point. I think I'll load that costume and see about some small tweaks. I think I need to determine power set, since seeing the sword and shield seemed off to me. I didn't think I had powers in mind yet, but at some level I must have something.

• Thanks 1

On 3/8/2020 at 8:33 AM, LordXenophon said:

While we're at it, patterns on the hair. There's no reason the same patterns used on other body parts couldn't also be applied to the hair.

Well, sure there are;  Patterns have to be adjusted to fit to the piece they're being applied to - Just look at how capes, shields, and skirts that accept patterns look slightly different than the torso or pants.  Many hair options also have things like a blend or differently colored strands/bangs, instead of basic color/pattern options, so those would have to be totally rebuilt.  All this isn't including the drastic differences between the 3D geometries of hair, whereas pretty much all the torsos/pants are the same, and those that differ drastically don't allow said pattern options...

On 3/8/2020 at 8:07 AM, Dynastyjay said:

I have a Fire/Time/Dark corruptor I’ve been trying to get a couple of really nice(or should I say dark) costumes for.

What sort of dark?  Castlevania dark?  Batman rogues gallery dark?  Klingon opera singer dark?

16 hours ago, TheOtherTed said:

What sort of dark?  Castlevania dark?  Batman rogues gallery dark?  Klingon opera singer dark?

Who can tell, with all those dark toggles left on?

Edited by LordXenophon

Aquacat Sig.jpg