Costume Request Thread!

QueenBethari

I'm designing a bots/EA character build  it have no idea where to go with the costume or even the name/concept. Maybe something along the lines of the chronosoldier above, or maybe something alien (I couldn't come up with a good floaty wisp alien like the ruularu ones). I may try and use some ideas from the radiation costume above. I couldn't make a to it that thematically for the MM pet look. All the robot pieces are too "retro". Speaking of retro, I haven't made a retro sci-fi costume yet and have not really explored that either. It could work.

So what am I asking for exactly? Any idea someone wants to offer, or a suggestion for a very alien look or a retro sci-fi. 1/2 my characters are male and 1/2 female, so that doesn't matter.

Papaschtroumpf:

I'm not really sure what you're after, but it sounds like you aren't really sure, either.   I thought I'd just post some pictures of a few costumes I had lying around to see what you think so that I/we can get a better idea of what you want.  Note:  I tend to make female characters much, much more than males, so these are all female costumes.

Let me know what you think!

circuits.png

knockerbacker.png

pixelbot.png

• Like 1

On 4/20/2020 at 7:11 PM, Papaschtroumpf said:

retro sci-fi

Long ago, I messed around with a bots/FF concept.  He was a mad scientist type from an underground human(ish) civilization, but he'd been exiled for "reasons."  He used the stout male body, very short height (maybe four feet tall), crazy hair, oversized goggles, unbuttoned labcoat, "tucked in" pants, and massive boots.  Probably my first retro sci-fi character ever, but I wasn't exactly creative with the name - I called him "Moleman" as a placeholder.  Loved the concept and the look, but didn't like MMs that much, so he didn't last long.  If that interests you, I could try to recreate his costume and post it here.

14 hours ago, Shocktacular said:

Papaschtroumpf:

I'm not really sure what you're after, but it sounds like you aren't really sure, either.   I thought I'd just post some pictures of a few costumes I had lying around to see what you think so that I/we can get a better idea of what you want.  Note:  I tend to make female characters much, much more than males, so these are all female costumes.

Let me know what you think!

circuits.png

knockerbacker.png

pixelbot.png

Nice thanks! Funny enough I have a character that is pretty close to the 2nd one. 

The 3rd one is something I can work with and tweak, thanks!

Shocktacular, thanks for the offer, I get idea so I can probably come up with something on my own, and I'm planning an earth controller that it would fit (even the whole moleman thing.

58 minutes ago, BasherBot said:

Hey, I am working on a Archery/Atomic build and I am looking for help with the costume. The idea I had was a sentai (power rangers for those who aren't familiar with the word), with a brown and/or green color scheme. 

Here's one I came up with.  I decided to add a 3rd color in there, but please feel free to tailor it to your liking.  Cheers!

rad recurve 3.jpg

rad recurve 1.jpg

rad recurve 2.jpg

rad recurve.costume

Edited by biostem
  • Like 2

On 4/20/2020 at 7:11 PM, Papaschtroumpf said:

I'm designing a bots/EA character build  it have no idea where to go with the costume or even the name/concept. Maybe something along the lines of the chronosoldier above, or maybe something alien (I couldn't come up with a good floaty wisp alien like the ruularu ones). I may try and use some ideas from the radiation costume above. I couldn't make a to it that thematically for the MM pet look. All the robot pieces are too "retro". Speaking of retro, I haven't made a retro sci-fi costume yet and have not really explored that either. It could work.

So what am I asking for exactly? Any idea someone wants to offer, or a suggestion for a very alien look or a retro sci-fi. 1/2 my characters are male and 1/2 female, so that doesn't matter.

Here's what I came up with.  It's a darker color scheme, but I think it's sufficiently "robotic" in nature...

redstar robo 3.jpg

redstar robo 2.jpg

redstar robo.costume

• Like 2

I am usually not one to ask for help when it comes to costume (I tend to work my way around costume-related issues quite easily), but I've been stuck on a particularly frustrating case and I really need some assistance!

I've got a Beam Rifle/Traps corruptor planned but I can't for the life of me find a suitable outfit (and name) for the guy. I basically want to make an engineer-type hero, resourceful and prepared. Inspirations range from the Engineer from TF2, Isaac from Dead Space, George Clooney's character from Tomorrowland and the Ghostbusters in general. Not sure if I want armor or spandex just yet, but I'm not looking for something too "high tech" (the guy's a tinkerer).

Hope I'm not asking too much, but I'll gladly take any help/ideas I can get!

5 hours ago, Virtual Green said:

I am usually not one to ask for help when it comes to costume (I tend to work my way around costume-related issues quite easily), but I've been stuck on a particularly frustrating case and I really need some assistance!

I've got a Beam Rifle/Traps corruptor planned but I can't for the life of me find a suitable outfit (and name) for the guy. I basically want to make an engineer-type hero, resourceful and prepared. Inspirations range from the Engineer from TF2, Isaac from Dead Space, George Clooney's character from Tomorrowland and the Ghostbusters in general. Not sure if I want armor or spandex just yet, but I'm not looking for something too "high tech" (the guy's a tinkerer).

Hope I'm not asking too much, but I'll gladly take any help/ideas I can get!

Here's my attempt.  I hope you like it!

cogmaker 3.jpg

cogmaker 2.jpg

cogmaker 1.jpg

cog maker 1.costume

Edited by biostem
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Virtual Green said:

Thanks for the help, folks! Here's what I ended up going with, a mix between old school and high tech.

Solid. I really wanted that belt, but it's not available under jackets!

• Thanks 1

@Cutter

So many alts, so little time...

5 hours ago, BasherBot said:

Is there a limit to how many costume requests you can make per week?

Not that I'm aware of but just so you know, previous requests may get buried before they get seen and acted upon.

Edited by Oubliette_Red

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

I have a burning need to revamp my first ever HC hero, Titan's Light. He's a Dark/Shield Scrapper, and has been sitting on the bench for a while. Dunno what it is, but something feels lacking (and I've come to despise the unchangeable black on the boots - it mars the entire colour scheme). Bio and current costume presented below. I'm open to anything, with one caveat: his attacks must be bright yellow (or at least sunshiney!).

image.png.0e331f809f26be64a4a147c9f4ef8409.png

Edited by Cutter

@Cutter

5 hours ago, Cutter said:

I have a burning need to revamp my first ever HC hero, Titan's Light. He's a Dark/Shield Scrapper, and has been sitting on the bench for a while. Dunno what it is, but something feels lacking (and I've come to despise the unchangeable black on the boots - it mars the entire colour scheme). Bio and current costume presented below. I'm open to anything, with one caveat: his attacks must be bright yellow (or at least sunshiney!).

I'm not very familiar with the male costume pieces, but I came up with this.  I hope you like it, or that it at least gives you some ideas.  All the dark powers were in the same colors.  I used the Energy shield because it's a glowing circle, like the sun.  I used the Spectrum head and chest to show that, now that this statue has been awakened, the power of the sun is practically bursting out of it, making it glow.

sunstatue1.png

sunstatue2.png

sunstatuepowers.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Shocktacular said:

I'm not very familiar with the male costume pieces, but I came up with this.  I hope you like it, or that it at least gives you some ideas.  All the dark powers were in the same colors.  I used the Energy shield because it's a glowing circle, like the sun.  I used the Spectrum head and chest to show that, now that this statue has been awakened, the power of the sun is practically bursting out of it, making it glow.

Thanks! I can't believe I didn't think about spectrum for parts of it (especially with the minor blast of spectrum outfits on the best costume thread!). Definitely some elements in there to consider.

@Cutter

For my next request, rolling up a Dark/Cold Controller with the theme of a woman who has been tainted by the frozen abyss and is constantly fighting to push back the corruption that spreads through her body (whilst also using it to fight crime)

@Shocktacular, figured I'd show off where the revamp ended up. I kept your top half entirely - the face/helmet in particular are fantastic choices. Tweaked it to retain the original glowy belt, and changed the legs to be more statue-like - showing the solar power cracking through instead of replacing the stone as on top. Again, thanks for your ideas!

image.png.7d2624ee23123b547f1634c4f765cabc.png

• Like 1

@Cutter

12 hours ago, BasherBot said:

For my next request, rolling up a Dark/Cold Controller with the theme of a woman who has been tainted by the frozen abyss and is constantly fighting to push back the corruption that spreads through her body (whilst also using it to fight crime)

Thoughts on this as a jumping-off point?

image.png.26453231200cc456d89ce31ed5485cf6.png

darkcoldtroller.powerCust darkcoldtroller.costume

@Cutter

2 hours ago, Cutter said:

@Shocktacular, figured I'd show off where the revamp ended up. I kept your top half entirely - the face/helmet in particular are fantastic choices. Tweaked it to retain the original glowy belt, and changed the legs to be more statue-like - showing the solar power cracking through instead of replacing the stone as on top. Again, thanks for your ideas!

Glad I could help!  It looks great!