Focused Feedback: Bug Fixes

Leandro

Combat Log

• Combat log output has been standardized. Many powers used to report the wrong damage type and effects in the combat log, this process has fixed that, in addition to making the combat log a lot easier to parse.

Bug Fixes

• Blaster Support > Atomic Manipulation > Electron Shackles: Should no longer accept Endurance Modification enhancements or sets.
  • Blaster Support > Atomic Manipulation > Beta Decay: Text should no longer state it taunts enemies.
  • Blaster Support > Psoinic Manipulation > Drain Psych: -Regeneration effect should no longer be enhanceable.
  • Blaster Ranged > Electric Blast > Corrected an FXGEO feedback error with this power's FX.
  • Dominator > Fire Control > Fire Imps: Should now always summon 3 imps.
  • Dominator > Savage Assault > Call hawk & Feral Charge: Should no longer accept Dominator Archetype Enhancement sets.
  • Dominator > Psionic Assault > Drain Psych: -Regeneration effect should no longer be enhanceable.
  • Sentinel > Bio Armor > Athletic Regulation: Should no longer accept travel enhancement sets.
  • Sentinel > Energy Aura > Power Armor:  Should now accept Healing Enhancement Sets
  • Sentinel > Fire Blast > Blazing Blast: Should now do 13 ticks of damage over time.
  • Pool > Concealment > Stealth and Invisibility: translucency issues should now, FINALLY be fixed.
  • Pool > Leaping > Spring Attack: should now do damage when used by Sentinels
  • Radiation Melee > Contamination AoE should now reliably trigger when hitting a contaminated target.
  • Radiation Armor > Beta Decay: Taunt magnitude should now always be Mag 4
  • Poison Weaken and Cold Domination -Special powers should no longer be boosted by +Special powers like Power Boost. As a rule, Str effects should not be affected by other Str effects.
  • Proton Volley's Fast-Snipe sphere FX should now tint properly.
  • Boosts > Performance Shifter > Chance for +Endurance: Should now have a chance to grant the caster Endurance if used on an offensive attack.
  • Incarnate > Hybrid : Should no longer fail to shut down after zoning.

" Poison Weaken and Cold Domination -Special powers should no longer be boosted by +Special powers like Power Boost. As a rule, Str effects should not be affected by other Str effects. "

This has major implications in PVP and it's effectively taking a sledgehammer to a problem. I have zero reason whatsoever to continue to play my grav/poison/pb or grav/cold/pb controllers. The change further pushes the game into "damage race" and "jump vs. jump" territory. I am kind of not ok with this. Specific attributes in the -special should have been targeted, not just -special overall.

24 minutes ago, Leandro said:

Incarnate > Hybrid : Should no longer fail to shut down after zoning.

Was this really even a bug? I found it pretty convenient that if I didn't use the full duration of my Hybrid by the end of a mission I could have it at the beginning of my next mission, too.

Why nerf drain psyche? Both Blasters and Dominators HP pools are low enough and defense/resistance typically low enough that in my opinion drain psyche didn't really merit the nerf.

I might be slightly biased as back during live I used to love playing my fire/psi Domi and now I'm enjoying my fire/mental blaster.

7 minutes ago, SeraphimKensai said:

Why nerf drain psyche? Both Blasters and Dominators HP pools are low enough and defense/resistance typically low enough that in my opinion drain psyche didn't really merit the nerf.

From the way it's worded, I assume its just the -regen portion that's now unenhanceable, not the regeneration effect.

With the alteration to Poison and Cold, is there expectation that Fade (from Controller Dark Miasma) will get adjusted so that it no longer modifies its Resistance component based on +Damage boosts?

17 minutes ago, SeraphimKensai said:

Why nerf drain psyche?

That doesn't look like a nerf, but a bug correction. Drain Psyche has a -Regen (that's a "-" minus) component it hits effected targets with, they stopped that from being modifiable, which it shouldn't be.

• Developer
25 minutes ago, SeraphimKensai said:

As stated by Sir Myshkin, this applies to the enemy -regen. Every -regen in the game is flagged to ignore all strength, the fact these two missed it was a bug.

The Sefl +regen remains as enhanceable as it has always been.

Edited by Captain Powerhouse

image.thumb.png.07fe64b26308cd3c157b58cc695449de.png

4 hours ago, Leandro said:

• Radiation Armor > Beta Decay: Taunt magnitude should now always be Mag 4

Can this change be applied to Willpower's Rise to the Challenge power as well? Currently it applies a 1.25 second Mag 3 taunt, which makes it rather easy to lose aggro as a Willpower tank when there's other taunt auras around. Additionally, could that duraction be changed to the standard 13.6 seconds? Every other taunt aura, on tanks at least, has at least that duration. The only other outliers are higher duration, not lower. I never understood why Willpower arbitrarily has a so much lower duratiion on its taunt aura - if there's an actual reason for that, I'd love to know what it is.

• Like 1

When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. Life will be all like "What?"

[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: STOP!
[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: WAIT ONE SECOND!
[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: WHAT IS A SEAGULL DOING ON MY THRONE!?!?

Some tank sets are not receiving the range/radius/arc increase. Titan Weapons in particular are  identical to live, tested on RWZ dummies, 8ft. bio aura is hitting both dummies on the far sides (16ft radius length), on live the same aura only hits near side dummies(8ft).  Whirling Smash (15ft. description) is hitting only the near side dummies when its radius should be 30ft with tank's range increase.

proton sweep also seems to not benefit from the range increase, but haven't tested it on dummies.

33 minutes ago, naraganeun said:

Some tank sets are not receiving the range/radius/arc increase. Titan Weapons in particular are  identical to live, tested on RWZ dummies, 8ft. bio aura is hitting both dummies on the far sides (16ft radius length), on live the same aura only hits near side dummies(8ft).  Whirling Smash (15ft. description) is hitting only the near side dummies when its radius should be 30ft with tank's range increase.

proton sweep also seems to not benefit from the range increase, but haven't tested it on dummies.

The tanker changes won't increase 15 foot aoes 

The biggest are 10 foot base which increase to 20

1 hour ago, ZeeHero said:

What thematic epic works for my all cold themed corruptor if you make power boost useless for cold?

Power Boost is still going to be plenty useful for a /Cold, you just won't get extra -special from Benumb.

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

• 2 weeks later

I'm not sure where else to put this, since I don't think it's a bug, but is it intentional that most floating text displays now have much thicker black borders? I see the 9/21 patch mentions fixes for black borders on text, but it's much thicker now than it ever was on live. This includes neighborhood names, floating damage numbers, the levels of enhancements, even the big messages that tell you about drops you've gotten have much thicker borders now. In fact, the black borders on drop messages can be observed getting thicker once the text grows past a certain point.

I submitted a critique about the Roleplaying role colour to the #homecoming-feedback channel on Discord and it had some positive reactions. In case it didn't get seen, I'll add it here:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Also, I like the new double-thick text outline, but it transitions very suddenly. Can it be made smoother?

spacer.png

Edited by 12thPower

Since there's not really a better place to post this, and @Vanden mentioned it here, and there's not a lot of other traffic about this issue, I have a correlating video that shows the discrepency with the outlining. I've also noticed it also impacts fonts by oddly enlarging them in some circumstances beyond just enhancing the eye-shadow.

Certain fonts throughout the UI and in-game are popping up abnormally larger than they should, and/or with bolder-than-normal outlining. So far seen it on titles within the User Agreement, on several buttons and fonts throughout the character-creation process, and in-game through random text boxes, acknowledgement buttons (like "ok" buttons from prompts, or AE), and combat damage inflicted on a target. It can be seen on the following video right off the bat with Rikti Monkeys. At 0:20-23 both normal and over-bold numbers pop up. When the Pylon explodes and the "Vanguard Merits" text comes up, it shifts as it scrolls from normal to thicker-lines (3:45-3:50). Same thing happens again at the very end with a second destroyed Pylon, the font shifting mid-scroll on screen. In some cases this is easy to ignore, but there are quite a few areas where this is super distracting and clearly broken.

Is this the right place to report a bug?

I've noticed that setting an autocast on a power does not stick.  I control-clicked on Hasten , and it got the autocast green circle and activated.  However, after it fires the first time automatically, the autocast drops off of it.  It no longer autocasts after that first one.  Reapplying it results in the same behavior.

On 9/10/2019 at 6:47 PM, barrier said:

" Poison Weaken and Cold Domination -Special powers should no longer be boosted by +Special powers like Power Boost. As a rule, Str effects should not be affected by other Str effects. "

This has major implications in PVP and it's effectively taking a sledgehammer to a problem. I have zero reason whatsoever to continue to play my grav/poison/pb or grav/cold/pb controllers. The change further pushes the game into "damage race" and "jump vs. jump" territory. I am kind of not ok with this. Specific attributes in the -special should have been targeted, not just -special overall.

I know you have way more experience than me, but is it really as bad as you say? You've still got the -Special in the first place, albeit un-boosted, and your power boost can still do good things for your other debuffs and mezzing, no? 

I also haven't done any 8v8's since live and have predominantly only done 1v1's and 2v2's on homecoming so far, so perhaps that's the difference maker? I've been working on incarnates for my own Grav/Poison/Primal though, so I'd like to hear more of your thoughts. 

I would also assume this doesn't really affect your opinion of, say, Ice/Poison corruptors nearly as much, right? 

Poison's one of my favorite sets since my other favorites (Storm, Cold) all got wrecked by slow changes and offensive toggles dropping. Have a Poison/Dark and a Grav/Poison and eventually want an Ice/Poison corruptor too.

On 9/28/2019 at 10:27 AM, arcaneholocaust said:

I know you have way more experience than me, but is it really as bad as you say? You've still got the -Special in the first place, albeit un-boosted, and your power boost can still do good things for your other debuffs and mezzing, no? 

I also haven't done any 8v8's since live and have predominantly only done 1v1's and 2v2's on homecoming so far, so perhaps that's the difference maker? I've been working on incarnates for my own Grav/Poison/Primal though, so I'd like to hear more of your thoughts. 

I would also assume this doesn't really affect your opinion of, say, Ice/Poison corruptors nearly as much, right? 

Poison's one of my favorite sets since my other favorites (Storm, Cold) all got wrecked by slow changes and offensive toggles dropping. Have a Poison/Dark and a Grav/Poison and eventually want an Ice/Poison corruptor too.

I usually agree with Barrier on PvP-related issues but this is one of those times where I think it's not going to be a big deal in the end. The change does disproportionately make Cold Domination weaker than, say, Poison because (I think) those are the only sets with -special ability in the game and Benumb's recharge time is 120 seconds versus Weaken's 16 seconds (both debuffs last 30 seconds), but both sets are already fairly powerful without being able to boost their -special and PB will continue to make them more effective at what they already do.

If you're looking at an Ice/Poison Corruptor, most builds go with Psi mastery or Leviathan mastery for the hold and you only really see builds with Power Boost if they're built around dueling or very small team stuff. Storm may still be a workable set, and a few teams ran storm teams post-I13 with some success (here is a playlist with some of dUmb's 8v8 matches, most of which are with storm teams) and Cold is definitely useful in a team situation and I'm pretty sure I saw a few Cold/Dark Defenders in duels post-I13.

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube