Suggestion - More slots for enhancements and more slots per power

Dragonfire

I would make the suggestion that I would like to see 8 slots per power as an option and/or an option for when we get to veteran to have each primary/secondary and other powers have 6 slots per power to max the powers out - as in, while earning veteran levels, I get additional slots so that each power I have will show 6 slots eventually.  For the sake of challenge, I'd say make them earned through task forces, or available only to veteran levels, or something sufficiently challenging to earn.  But I would love to max out my slots since we are limited to 50 levels in the game.  I have a claw/regen scrapper and I really want to max out my regen and my damage for fights.

8 slots per power would be useless.  90% of the time - except when stacking up sets for set bonusses - more than 3-4 slots per power is useless.

Enhancement Diversification says "hello, new friend!"

Edited by PaxArcana

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

On 9/25/2019 at 12:29 PM, MetaVileTerror said:

I think it has merit to investigate.  Perhaps as one of the Incarnate levels?  Unlock an extra slot or three in a Power or two as a post-50 big investment?

I dont think this would break the game. ONE more slot, in at most..3 of your powers? That would let you get that set bonus + procs/other that you just cant otherwise never do.

• Thanks 1

I agree with Nightmarer.

I think 6 slots per power is fine.  What I would like is a few extra slots ( 2 or 3)  at level 50 to get that one last power up to 6  that you didn't quite have room for in your build.

Maybe this could be a new reward for when/if they add an additional incarnate power.

• Like 2

On 9/24/2019 at 10:29 PM, MetaVileTerror said:

I think it has merit to investigate.  Perhaps as one of the Incarnate levels?  Unlock an extra slot or three in a Power or two as a post-50 big investment?

The Alpha powers already add an SO worth of enhancements that bypass a portion of ED.

Why is more needed? Where's the problem that this solves?

Freedom toons:

Illuminata

Phoebros

Mim

Ogrebane

If there's anyone who needs more enhancement slots it's Epic Archetypes, especially Peacebringer's and Warshades.

In any case, I do like the idea of one of the Incarnate powers opening up more slots. Perhaps this Incarnate power could add an extra 'Incarnate' slot to each power, maxing out at 3 extra slots at Tier 4? Or maybe it's a 'global' slot wherein whatever you slot into it affects all powers (if it can). Probably a dumb idea but there's plenty of Incarnate powers that we don't know anything about.

Oh? You like City of Heroes?

Name every player character.

I'll be waiting in my PMs.

5 hours ago, krj12 said:

I agree with Nightmarer.

I think 6 slots per power is fine.  What I would like is a few extra slots ( 2 or 3)  at level 50 to get that one last power up to 6  that you didn't quite have room for in your build.

Maybe this could be a new reward for when/if they add an additional incarnate power.

I always thought the original Alpha slot should have been this and was a bit too much as it was put in.  Now that Alpha is here the way it is, this would be a nice way to add incarnate progression in a minimal way. I'D also say that either way it should have to wait on new incarnate content.

Some way to get a very few extra slots -- not "more than six in one power", just, a handful you can put in the very last power you pick, enough to let you get to 5 or 6 slots in it -- would be something I could support.

Edited by PaxArcana

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

1 hour ago, Sniktch said:

Pax: this is already possible with a respec; slotting during a respec is not done by-level, but all at once, without restrictions on which ones can be put where.

Well, I'd like to see it possible without a respec being necessary. 🙂

Understandable, but as has been noted in other topics, trying to cram in more slots outside of GM commands tends to do.....bad things.  Not just to the character, to the server.

Believe me, I'd like more slots - but mechanically it's unstable and from a balance point, I think it'd be unwise no matter how much we'd like it.

Fair enough point.  One or two new slots would have made a nice reward for Veteran Level 100, though.  🙂

36 minutes ago, PaxArcana said:

Fair enough point.  One or two new slots would have made a nice reward for Veteran Level 100, though.  🙂

You just want to hear the wails of the PvPers when they have to hit vet level 100 to finish their builds!

• Haha 1

(Not really, but, this is too appropriate a laugh not to post it ... 😄 😄 😄)

conan butthurt.png

With many characters, I already run out of (IMO) good places to put slots by the time I'm 50.  Many powers are just fine with the base slot that comes with them.  I guess I could put these additional slots wherever they'll fit, and not actually put anything IN them, but that seems rather pointless...

6 hours ago, PaxArcana said:

(Not really, but, this is too appropriate a laugh not to post it ... 😄 😄 😄)

conan butthurt.png

A good set of teeth?

@OP

No real interest in more normal slots per/power, I very seldom get to the end of a build and realise I don't have enough slots.

However I would like to see some global type slots, with special Enhancements to slot into them. That would affect the whole build, but unlike Incarnate abilities they'd be available at 10, 20, 30, 40 and 2 at 50. And would cover minor QoL things, like adding damage types. An Enhancement that reduces say lethal and adds the same amount back as toxic. Basically things that affect the whole build but are more for concept than actually buffing the whole build.

Alternatively I'd also like to be able to slot a knockback to knockdown (or the reverse) enhancement in any power that has knockback or knockdown. Without using up an actual slot. I sort of envision these slots as secondary effects slots and only take that sort of enhancement (though I cannot think of many enhancement of this type that people would likely want. Literally changing the way a power works but not changing what it does.

Alternatively a sort of super IO that grants all of the set bonuses from a set (only selected sets available) and a flavour of the set (so a defence set would grant a highish (2x SO++ level) Def, End Rdx, Rchrg Rdx. IO set bonuses would remain the same and a set bonus added from a super IO would count as it's original value even if the value in the super IO was lower. eg if the set that makes the super IO has a 10% recharge. But as a super IO that recharge bonus is set as 8%, it would still count against the 5 cap on 10% bonuses. The super IO would be crafted from a full set, and once crafted cannot be uncrafted or further modified. Also can only be made from unmodified IOs. Any single power can only have a single Super IO slotted but can take further IOs from other sets, or normal IO, SO, etc. Any procs would also be capped as if they were a standard IO, so there would be no extra benefit beyond the 5 cap. eg LotG +7.5 x 5 whether or not that proc is in a Super IO or a normal IO. Could be massively OP but could add interesting build choices too. ((When I started writing this idea it sounded really good in my head... not so sure now though...))

On 9/24/2019 at 7:10 PM, Dragonfire said:

I would make the suggestion that I would like to see 8 slots per power as an option and/or an option for when we get to veteran to have each primary/secondary and other powers have 6 slots per power to max the powers out - as in, while earning veteran levels, I get additional slots so that each power I have will show 6 slots eventually.  For the sake of challenge, I'd say make them earned through task forces, or available only to veteran levels, or something sufficiently challenging to earn.  But I would love to max out my slots since we are limited to 50 levels in the game.  I have a claw/regen scrapper and I really want to max out my regen and my damage for fights.

And what would you be giving up for this added functionality?