Post your best costume designs here!

ChanelNo2

9 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

I've tried to use that mask but always reject it because it looks so much like it's own thing

I was in the same position. . . So I resolved to make a costume around that mask and have it not look like Howard the Duck's power armor. It only works on the female model, but if you shrink the relevant face sliders it looks like a normal faceplate and some of the eye details work with minimal clipping. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, RikOz said:

Well, I am sad. I was going to post pictures of my latest alt, but it seems I have reached my upload limit.

I think you can go back and edit old posts right? You can always reupload some images as compressed GIFs if you're feeling industrious. In Photopea you can export as gif and lower the quality slider to an acceptable level. Photoshop has a similar option I'm sure but I still use CS2 (lol) where it's listed under "Save for Web" and I'm pretty confident it's changed in newer versions.

Alternatively you could either start a new account (Rick2z?)or use outside image hosting. Also might be possible for a moderator to increase your upload limit if you ask nicely?

3 hours ago, Yellowjacket said:

I think you can go back and edit old posts right? You can always reupload some images as compressed GIFs if you're feeling industrious. In Photopea you can export as gif and lower the quality slider to an acceptable level. Photoshop has a similar option I'm sure but I still use CS2 (lol) where it's listed under "Save for Web" and I'm pretty confident it's changed in newer versions.

Alternatively you could either start a new account (Rick2z?)or use outside image hosting. Also might be possible for a moderator to increase your upload limit if you ask nicely?

I used a Mac for years, and have my own licensed copy of Photoshop (pre-subscription version!) on my old Mac, along with a number of other great graphics tools. Alas, my Mac is old and more or less dead* in the water. I switched to Windows 10 as my primary computer a couple years ago, and I've been rather frustrated in trying to find suitable tools that both do what I want and are enjoyable to use. I'll keep looking.

* The Mac still boots up just fine, and launches apps just fine. But for some bizarre reason, once I've launched an app, I simply cannot bring it to the foreground and actually use it. But it's over 13 years old at this point, and I guess all good things must end some day.

I use a free-be editing program for photos called Art Weaver which is very Photoshop-like.

• Thanks 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

14 hours ago, LikeRacerX said:

Meet the Far Out Drifter.

VWo8q8b.png

I figure he went crazy while covering the war, and seeing the things he saw. Then he got yoinked up into space, and saw even crazier shit, like the Rikti and fullscale invasions and occupations of planets. Needless to say it was a trip when he made his way home and saw that the Rikti had already touched down on his home turf.

image.png.5370140f548754edf67f55d68641e0f3.png

Primo threads!  Aged of Aquarius totally digs it!  

image.png.96d9a31dcb04e4c710889fccbb4dc4b2.png

Now we just need another 300 to 400 of us and then we can all sit on a hilltop drinking bottled colas while teaching the world to sing in perfect harmony.

(Couldn't resist having a bit of fun with you.  You did great, though!)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

I use a free-be editing program for photos called Art Weaver which is very Photoshop-like.

Just downloaded it and fiddled with it a bit. I like it! Thanks!

Edited by RikOz
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Techwright said:

Now we just need another 300 to 400 of us and then we can all sit on a hilltop drinking bottled colas while teaching the world to sing in perfect harmony.

Hotstepper would be happy to join :)

2051897572_CityofHeroesScreenshot2021_05.27-02_09_42_62.thumb.jpg.0b9db29d21f004d489875a50e6567093.jpg

I should make a video of him in action. He's very colorful once the fighting starts. He's a fire/fire scrapper, and I used a whole bunch of colors so every power has a different color pairing.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

10 hours ago, RikOz said:

Is this guy on Everlasting? I think I spotted him standing near the base portal in AP the other night. Or somebody very much like him.

I didn't respond right away because I wanted to recheck. But this character I made on Torchbearer, I believe. I had to check because I've got  like a million characters everywhere.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Techwright said:

image.png.5370140f548754edf67f55d68641e0f3.png

Primo threads!  Aged of Aquarius totally digs it!  

image.png.96d9a31dcb04e4c710889fccbb4dc4b2.png

(Couldn't resist having a bit of fun with you.  You did great, though!)

Man that's a great looking shirt. And I must admit, it never occured to me to try using those jeans. Maybe I should.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LikeRacerX said:

Man that's a great looking shirt. And I must admit, it never occured to me to try using those jeans. Maybe I should.

Oh, absolutely try them!  I was impressed with your guy's trousers. Malaise, I assume?  I never figured that pattern/look out when experimenting with a lot of possibilities. 

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, LikeRacerX said:

I didn't respond right away because I wanted to recheck. But this character I made on Torchbearer, I believe. I had to check because I've got  like a million characters everywhere.

Same. This is why I made a spreadsheet on my iPad to track them. I keep it next to my PC to refer to it as I play. And by “play” I mean “mess about in the character creator”. 😁

B9594-C9-A-5-B72-4636-B9-D0-ACD11-B4-BDB
https://ibb.co/jM5kqx0

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Spaghetti Betty said:

The Battle Ready Yeti. Ice Melee/Stone Armor Scrapper

Q5JRmm8.jpg

sCu4wqK.jpg

Miss!

This is so great. And “Battle Ready Yeti” is right up there with “Spaghetti Betty” for fun-to-say quotient.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Trike said:

This is so great. And “Battle Ready Yeti” is right up there with “Spaghetti Betty” for fun-to-say quotient.

This is high praise

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

I've been looking at the floating heads for a while, wondering what to do with the orb that wasn't just Mysterio. Because you really have to commit to it, and make it the focal point of the costume. Suddenly, 30 minutes ago, something clicked in my brain, and I made this:

udCwyvS.png

aDrJoVC.jpg

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 3