Post your best costume designs here!

ChanelNo2

Hi all. Very chuffed to reach 50 with this guy the other day 🙂. Only my 4th 50, and the first of the new HC gang. (my other 3 50's were also my 50's from back on Live, so they don't count).

Justice Jim WM/SD Brute, and a load of fun to play. His costume has been pretty consistant throughout because I just felt it fitted the character so well. It's very patriotic (British), Knightly, Strong, No frills, it just gets the job of dispensing Justice with a Giant Mallet, DONE... whilst wiping the blood and teeth off his shield, lol.

JusticeJim001.png.2527e2278e1f07e120334061f50ea9dd.png

That being said, I thought that getting to incarnate level deserved a more Godly outfit, so this is where he is now:

JusticeJim002.png.ae36b4a040246d07a5ec305386582ef6.png

JusticeJim003.png.32392f1ef9684a22e815a58c426cd042.png

My only thought is... he's lost the patriotic element, which has always been important. I'm wondering if I can somehow merge the two without a horrendous train wreck occurring.

Watch this space, Jim's journey is not over folks! 😉

giphy.gif

Thanks for looking.

• Like 8

This brings me onto another patriot character of mine that I'm having trouble loving, Albion Hawk DP/MC Blaster. I like the name, I like the AT, but i'm just struggling with the costume. For me, the costume makes the character, it gives it a personality. Without it, or with a wrong costume the character just will not work for me and i'll lose interest.

So Albion Hawk is a remake of one of my main Live characters, British Hero, a Rad/DP Speedster Defender, but the costume has just never worked for me:

AlbionHawk001.png.96ec7950530b2c0010f5ff60e3fd62de.png

I've had a couple of attempts to redesign him and find the right genre for him, the first being my old Bristish Hero retro 50's costume, next a steampunk inspired costume, and then a pulp 30's type of look, but none of them gelled.

AlbionHawk002.png.969a5ff7fd2c40caf92bb044e0b703cb.png

I'm now playing with this 70's golden age era look, we'll see how it feels...

AlbionHawk003.png.9464f0512655d9297e92303e5e396acd.png

Let me know what you think, cheers guys 🙂

Edited by Robothenri
  • Like 10
  • Thumbs Up 1

Blue Bettie - Thermal/Rad Defender

X2ugeIc.png

Her, sort of just arrived to Earth; space traveling look.

CiODhbH.jpg

Her going out to aid the general populace, especially children, look. Think, hero nurse/healthcare worker.

mZlv7KJ.jpg

Her sort of heroic angel look.

c1RuvK9.jpg

And, finally, her idea of a civvies look.

JMll3cO.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

On 12/11/2019 at 5:21 PM, Kallisti said:

I'm quite pleased with this outfit for Kallisti the Friar... before she went more serious 🙂

http://www.kallisti-coh.mardona.com/images/portraits/friar-fancy-front.jpg

http://www.kallisti-coh.mardona.com/images/portraits/friar-fancy-back.jpg

What bottom part is this that has the bow and the long "butt cape?"  lol

9 hours ago, Robothenri said:

This brings me onto another patriot character of mine that I'm having trouble loving, Albion Hawk DP/MC Blaster. I like the name, I like the AT, but i'm just struggling with the costume. For me, the costume makes the character, it gives it a personality. Without it, or with a wrong costume the character just will not work for me and i'll lose interest.

So Albion Hawk is a remake of one of my main Live characters, British Hero, a Rad/DP Speedster Defender, but the costume has just never worked for me:

I feel ya on the wrong costume causing you to lose interest. I have a couple of those. Have you tried the costume help thread?

I like the 70s guy except for the belt. That feels very 90s to me.

A couple pages back in this thread I posted my Baron Britain which might give you some ideas, and the other night I saw a similarly-designed character.

OPCVictory-Rush.jpg

https://ibb.co/Tb7BhxC

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Techwright said:

I ain't never had a friend like him!

(It had to be said.)

I don't get it.

I originally heard the name in the Tim McGraw song, "Live Like You Were Dying". Every copy of the lyrics I've seen says "Fu Manchu", but I swear to God Tim sings "Blue", not "Fu".

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, RikOz said:

I don't get it.

I originally heard the name in the Tim McGraw song, "Live Like You Were Dying". Every copy of the lyrics I've seen says "Fu Manchu", but I swear to God Tim sings "Blue", not "Fu".

Their quote is from Aladdin (specifically the song "Friend Like Me." It's in reference to your guy looking like a big blue genie, and nothing in reference to the name you chose. 😛

• Thanks 2

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

9 hours ago, Trike said:

How are you making gifs? I assume you're using something like OBS to capture video, but what do you use to convert it?

I use the windows 10 game bar (win key + g) to record screen, then either giphy.com to make GIFs, or VLC videolan to compress mp4's into small files.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Trike said:

I feel ya on the wrong costume causing you to lose interest. I have a couple of those. Have you tried the costume help thread?

I like the 70s guy except for the belt. That feels very 90s to me.

A couple pages back in this thread I posted my Baron Britain which might give you some ideas, and the other night I saw a similarly-designed character.

OPCVictory-Rush.jpg

https://ibb.co/Tb7BhxC

I think you're right about the belt, I might lose it altogether. I wish there was an option for briefs that were more like shorts too, like you get with bare legs, and sleeves that met up with short gloves, that would help the look 🙂.

I don't recall (again) if I've posted this guy before: Tom da Bomb (Fiery Melee/Rad Armor brute). This is one of my favorite collections of costumes for a single character, so I'm surprised I don't play him more often. Costumes in order of appearance; he's currently wearing #3:

tom01.jpg.c0ccc6dde527b52f7071ae6741f53b85.jpg

tom02.jpg.cf8558500b268ed2d7b5c299f7e93a37.jpg

tom03.jpg.69e8418696ca820975bfd4d0f63da7e2.jpg

tom04.jpg.8f8f3c0dcfb2d9dc78f9139e5e9541cf.jpg

tom05.jpg.fa81bbc0bb8ddc2c2e53e179700de491.jpg

tom06.jpg.8dec2279d387568bfcfd821f778c059d.jpg

And in his civvies:

tom07.jpg.d584c82d8cb9214c2b7c5f70934ed8d6.jpg

He's actually unusually short. Here he is fighting some standard Freaks, for scale:

tom08.jpg.c0e9e446da2aa98f91a1548463bb8e84.jpg

Edited by RikOz
Converted PNG to JPG
  • Like 5
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 8/13/2021 at 5:26 PM, Robothenri said:

I've had a couple of attempts to redesign him and find the right genre for him, the first being my old Bristish Hero retro 50's costume, next a steampunk inspired costume, and then a pulp 30's type of look, but none of them gelled.

AlbionHawk002.png.969a5ff7fd2c40caf92bb044e0b703cb.png

Damn how did you make that head of that 70s golden age era look?