Post your best costume designs here!

ChanelNo2

I appeared in the video for the Sleigh Belles Base (https://youtu.be/6hdB4E8e5Ro) and it was suggested I post Jaegerbaum here. He's part of a Christmas themed team. They're mostly elves, and the idea was that Jaegerbaum was an elf that was turned into a Tin Soldier after an industrial accident. I am fairly proud of him. Enjoy.

Jaegerbaum1.jpg

Jaegerbaum2.jpg

Jaegerbaum3.jpg

Jaegerbaum4.jpg

• Like 17
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Up 4

On 7/22/2021 at 7:37 PM, ElJefeStyle said:

I appeared in the video for the Sleigh Belles Base (https://youtu.be/6hdB4E8e5Ro) and it was suggested I post Jaegerbaum here. He's part of a Christmas themed team. They're mostly elves, and the idea was that Jaegerbaum was an elf that was turned into a Tin Soldier after an industrial accident. I am fairly proud of him. Enjoy.

Jaegerbaum1.jpg

Jaegerbaum2.jpg

Jaegerbaum3.jpg

Jaegerbaum4.jpg

Saw the video (below).  Glad you posted this!  Very nice work!  I tried to make a Christmas Nutcracker soldier in the original game, and could never pull it off. (I did make a villainous Mouse King, though)  Though not a nutcracker, obviously, your Jaegerbaum is more or less the ideal I had. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Spaghetti Betty said:

Hate to post the same toon so soon, but I made an alternate "upgraded" look for Angel Harp after hitting 50 and I ended up liking it a lot.

It's about the costumes, not how many characters or if they've been posted before.  An update is still a new costume design for us to check out.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 3

I redid Princess Tahlia's (from the Random Costume Challenge) costume colors to make her feel a little more villainy.

rEKf6Mk.jpg

And this is Ruff Ruff Boom, whom I made for this upcoming Saturday's Theme Team. She was intended to be more intelligent and sort of "advanced," but then I got on a PI team that was kinda fun, and this happened. 😜

uW6wMAW.png Z9TG1LM.jpg HxNelAc.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

I've got a few to show off.

Dr. Goh Riela - Poison/Pistols Defender

A hyper intelligent gorilla scientist with a fondness for super science.  He's more interested in the results than the theory however.

1389251163_GohRielafull.PNG.3bb2ecb63afe992d73255b0864c26577.PNG

Face closeup

166280501_GohRielaface.thumb.PNG.cd1a1cce0c72ebe779079863a8209361.PNG

And sometimes he goes a little wild...

808611048_GohRielaferal.PNG.e9033f8e4751dcc883c7b9e660ffe1bc.PNG

Rocket Acrobat - Martial Arts/Reflexes Scrapper

A former circus performer turned hero thanks to his acrobatic training and highly maneuverable flight suit.  Design based on the Aero Acrobat outfit from Balan Wonderworld, which in turn was apparently based on Aero the Acrobat.

349839205_RocketAcrobat.thumb.PNG.052de0ba1d41edd82bb86b759fd744d7.PNG

Ghoulish Titan - Sword/Shield Brute

A ghostly colossus of unknown origin.  It terrorizes the world upon which it walks for reasons yet to be determined.  Design based on artwork of a Pokefusion combining Golurk, Aegislash and Spiritomb.

270893987_GhoulishTitan.PNG.336b893ab4cdc8a322bdf0b0c8c12c45.PNG

• Like 6

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

After being away for a year, I've come back no longer burnt out and had a look at the costume designs I've missed, upon seeing two Thundersons, I knew I had to make a third. So here he is, definitely not a rip-off of Ragnarok and pre-Ragnarok Thor. My WM/EA Brute, Thunderson.

Thunderson.png

• Like 5

So after a few months away from the game I have been playing again and a discussion elsewhere prompted me to try a Water/Dark blaster. Of course the name Darkwater was taken. But that may have been fortuitous as casting about for something to represent Water and Darkness landed me on The Depths:

1575332446_TheDepths.thumb.png.125f39a621e7ddb44563da2039b64023.png

First two images show the initial go at it and the third a somewhat more satisfying look. I am still not completely satisfied so revision is likely. 

• Like 17

2 hours ago, Erratic1 said:

So after a few months away from the game I have been playing again and a discussion elsewhere prompted me to try a Water/Dark blaster. Of course the name Darkwater was taken. But that may have been fortuitous as casting about for something to represent Water and Darkness landed me on The Depths:

1575332446_TheDepths.thumb.png.125f39a621e7ddb44563da2039b64023.png

First two images show the initial go at it and the third a somewhat more satisfying look. I am still not completely satisfied so revision is likely. 

It looks good, and it works great as an early design with open opportunities for expansion to represent different aspects of his career.  Possibilities of redoing the head exist, but only if you want his identity to be more in cover or ambiguous.

Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?

They called me crazy? They called me insane? THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

1 hour ago, Charistoph said:

It looks good, and it works great as an early design with open opportunities for expansion to represent different aspects of his career.  Possibilities of redoing the head exist, but only if you want his identity to be more in cover or ambiguous.

I think what I would like most at the moment would be a trident.

TheDepthsAsIf.png.fd8907d3b27686e1840a38d8bf9b3dd9.png

Sadly Blasters can't have them. 😢

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Erratic1 said:

I think what I would like most at the moment would be a trident.

Sadly Blasters can't have them. 😢

Might make a good costume suggestion for a non-usable back item, or a suggestion for a temporary weapon, perhaps tied to a new day job of some sort, possibly involving water, boats, or docks.

I couldn't help it. It just popped in there.

-- Dr. Raymond Stantz, Ghostbusters

And really, I couldn't help it. Do you think there would be a problem with me making a villain that looked like:

Anti-Life.png.0b2170d99dc519b1c8c95977bd109539.png

With the name Anti-Life I suspect I would have to play him on the villain side.

• Like 3

Hello all! Long time no see! I never thought I'd get to play CoH again; all praise to the wizards who made this happen. I've been dipping into the game for a couple years but haven't checked out the forums until now. Hi. 🙂

Back in the day I was known as Ironik and the Art forums were my favorite place to hang out. If anyone remembers me you might also recall I was known to have a severe case of altitis. It continues to this day.

Here is my original Alt Alphabet from 2009 (!!). I'm sure I made just as many characters after that date as are in that pic.

https://www.deviantart.com/dashmccool/art/Alt-Alphabet-114482941

My altitis continues. I've made a few toons with costumes I think are pretty good, but I have to go back through this thread to see how badly I've actually done compared to your creativity. On the OG forums I had a long thread called "OPC - Other Players' Characters", and I see amazing designs every time I log in to the game.

Here's one that's nothing special, but the bio I wrote for him amused me, so I thought I'd share. More later. Cheers!

Fire-Arm-Bio3.jpg

https://ibb.co/yn4q6hG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

57 minutes ago, Trike said:

Here's one that's nothing special, but the bio I wrote for him amused me, so I thought I'd share. More later. Cheers!

Not to discourage you from posting here at all but there is a bio thread also that you might enjoy 🙂

8 hours ago, Erratic1 said:

I couldn't help it. It just popped in there.

-- Dr. Raymond Stantz, Ghostbusters

And really, I couldn't help it. Do you think there would be a problem with me making a villain that looked like:

Anti-Life.png.0b2170d99dc519b1c8c95977bd109539.png

With the name Anti-Life I suspect I would have to play him on the villain side.

His nemesis (or real identity!) is a dear old lady called Auntie Life?

Edit: I just realised that might be a very region-specific joke. In northern england we pronounce Auntie as Anti.  I'll get me coat.

Edited by Herotu
  • Haha 2

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.