Post your best costume designs here!

ChanelNo2

20 minutes ago, Mystic Fortune said:

My little green Martian man has been waiting for this moment a LONG time...

OMG LOL

Question maybe you can answer for me about this chibi-fication: do weapons scale down to the tiny form too?

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Well... maybe not, but it's still good to know either way.  I mean, it's not a complete deal breaker.  😃

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

37 minutes ago, Mr. Apocalypse said:

ok so I kinda took a break from paying attention to what was going on in game. How are you guys getting the tiny costumes?

The new currency called Prismatic Aether which was added in page 4. It can be redeemed for permanent costume powers. Basically any power you can earn briefly from the Halloween Trick or Treating event, you can purchase permanently by exchanging Prismatic Aether salvage.

For a higher premium price, you can also purchase costume modes that alter your characters size and appearance. The Mini Mode costume power is one of the most popular ones, and costs 250 Aether... Which on the surface is a LOT.... there are a few ways to get the Aether outside of running the new Difficult content.

• Earn the new Halloween Defeat badges, which grant 2 Aether per badge... (Someone with perseverance and a lot of patience can grind 250 Prismatic Aether by getting theses new badges on 25 alts... it's grinding, and it will make you hate the ToT event after you're finished... but it's doable.)
  • Buy the Prismatic Aether outright off the Auction House for 750 million to 1 billion inf. (This is the P2W option, but it is extremely expensive to maintain.)

There may be other options, but these are the two that I have experimented with.

You can get aether particles and aethers from running regular content and WST's as well.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

2 hours ago, Mystic Fortune said:

For a higher premium price, you can also purchase costume modes that alter your characters size and appearance. The Mini Mode costume power is one of the most popular ones, and costs 250 Aether... Which on the surface is a LOT.... there are a few ways to get the Aether outside of running the new Difficult content.

I the mini mode costume power, per character or per account?

Looks like I got some work to do!  Oh the possibilities 🙂

3 hours ago, Mr. Apocalypse said:

I the mini mode costume power, per character or per account?

All Aether costumes are per character. 

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------

15252 Child of the Tsoo - [SFMA] Ninjas, sorcerers, and human trafficking (Origin Story - Stick Figure/Storm Lotus)

50769 Hunt of the Eclipse - [SFMA] Finding something that was lost to Arachnos for nearly 20 years (Origin Story - Daisy Chain)

53149 Spells as a Service - [SFMA] When a young hacker makes a connection between magic and mathematics and encodes it into a computer program, chaos breaks loose!

1 hour ago, Mr. Apocalypse said:

well that seem hardly worth the effort. Oh well maybe I'll pick one up later.

It gives the people who want something to unlock something to do without making it a chore for people who don't care for unlockable content because it's all purely cosmetic and the usefulness is iffy at best, mostly for people who have specific themes in mind.  As for it being limited to one character per purchase... some things are apparently as expensive as they are, like the mini characters, specifically to keep them from being too easily attainable because there will be people who just won't appreciate it.  And I can tell you, I'm one of those unappreciative people.  I think the minis look stupid and I will not hesitate to immediately drop from a team with one, whether I show up and one is already there, one is recruited, or the player has the mini in reserve and turns it on in the middle of a mission.

Sorry, no time for your short shenanigans...  I've got big people problems to fight, alongside big people.

Take your little monstrosities elsewhere.  😝

• Haha 3
  • Confused 4
  • Thumbs Down 6

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Player2 said:

It gives the people who want something to unlock something to do without making it a chore for people who don't care for unlockable content because it's all purely cosmetic and the usefulness is iffy at best, mostly for people who have specific themes in mind.  As for it being limited to one character per purchase... some things are apparently as expensive as they are, like the mini characters, specifically to keep them from being too easily attainable because there will be people who just won't appreciate it.  And I can tell you, I'm one of those unappreciative people.  I think the minis look stupid and I will not hesitate to immediately drop from a team with one, whether I show up and one is already there, one is recruited, or the player has the mini in reserve and turns it on in the middle of a mission.

Sorry, no time for your short shenanigans...  I've got big people problems to fight, alongside big people.

Seems like there's a lot to unpack here. Who hurt you? Did a Munchkin steal your lunch money or stuff you in a locker? You can tell us. This is a safe place and we're all friends here.

• Like 10
  • Haha 9
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

25 minutes ago, TraumaTrain said:

I think the mini costumes are cute AF. Hilarious!

I do too, just don't think I am going to put in the effort to gather 250 Aether salvage per toon that I would want to be able to do a mini on.

I checked, and I have earned a few of the salvage (maybe 10 or so), but 250 is too steep for me as a per toon unlock.  If it were an per account unlock, I would maybe be persuaded to do more content that rewards the salvage, but I'm just not that interested in getting them.

sorry all, didn't mean to derail the thread.  I'll get back to posting new and exciting costume designs 😁

Edited by Mr. Apocalypse
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Player2 said:

And I can tell you, I'm one of those unappreciative people.  I think the minis look stupid and I will not hesitate to immediately drop from a team with one, whether I show up and one is already there, one is recruited, or the player has the mini in reserve and turns it on in the middle of a mission.

Great... now I need to collect 250 Aether.  Gotta create my "intolerance repellent" costume.  

(seriously, reread what you posted. It's... wow.  WAY out in the outfield, maybe even past the fence and in the parking lot.)

• Thumbs Up 2

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------

15252 Child of the Tsoo - [SFMA] Ninjas, sorcerers, and human trafficking (Origin Story - Stick Figure/Storm Lotus)

50769 Hunt of the Eclipse - [SFMA] Finding something that was lost to Arachnos for nearly 20 years (Origin Story - Daisy Chain)

53149 Spells as a Service - [SFMA] When a young hacker makes a connection between magic and mathematics and encodes it into a computer program, chaos breaks loose!

Here is my latest inspiration

AKA Karen - Sonic/poison corruptor

Obviously a villain but thinks she is a hero. Her neighbors hate her, and retail managers run when she comes near. She is all around toxic. 

No matter what you do, or how you act, she will find something wrong and try to fix it. She is forever the subject of unjust treatment.

karen.thumb.png.a48b5409553f2471330564da2ccfb143.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 10
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Mystic Fortune said:

Seems like there's a lot to unpack here. Who hurt you? Did a Munchkin steal your lunch money or stuff you in a locker? You can tell us. This is a safe place and we're all friends here.

No one.  Nothing happened.  Just don't like dumb munchkin junk.  You enjoy your dumb munchkin junk, though.

2 hours ago, MistressOhm said:

Great... now I need to collect 250 Aether.  Gotta create my "intolerance repellent" costume.  

(seriously, reread what you posted. It's... wow.  WAY out in the outfield, maybe even past the fence and in the parking lot.)

I always swing for the fences.  I'm awesome that way.  And you call the mini costumes what you like and so will I.  Ugly.  Dumb.

• Haha 1