px9nQeL.png

Envy

Radiation Melee / Radiation Armor Stalker

oRq7cwP.png

Moxy

Dual Pistols / Regeneration Sentinel

Inacz3i.png

• Like 14

One more...  a Wonder Woman pastiche character, for sure.

Miracle Maiden

Invulnerability / Martial Arts Tanker

GrTiOim.png1dFRY8T.png

ycnDwAi.png4OciDmu.png

Finally found a top (pic #3) that lines up pretty well with the Labeaux thong...  except it's not a top, it's a chest detail armor piece.

• Like 8
  • Thumbs Up 2

Some become heroes out of a sense of duty or obligation, but not this guy;  He quickly learned that if he plays by the rules and only zaps bad guys, he can eat all the junk food and fast food he wants!  He may be unkept and smelly, but he's 'The Good Little Gremlin':

good little gremlin2.jpg good little gremlin1.jpg

Edited by biostem
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

image.png.cb1b50cdb3fecd1fbd637feedcc6a57c.png Costumes look a little brighter? Maybe it's just villain side.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

On 2/19/2024 at 3:24 PM, Player2 said:

One more...  a Wonder Woman pastiche character, for sure.

Miracle Maiden

Invulnerability / Martial Arts Tanker

GrTiOim.png1dFRY8T.png

ycnDwAi.png4OciDmu.png

Finally found a top (pic #3) that lines up pretty well with the Labeaux thong...  except it's not a top, it's a chest detail armor piece.

Added a couple variants with the addition of the Sybil costume stuff.  The non-Sybil addition was just extra inspiration.

2LcIT1V.pngEWH2Igu.png

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Up 1

Random side note - once again, I am unable to see images posted through imgur, and this time it's not a VPN issue.  Also, right-clicking to reload, or to open the images in a new tab doesn't work.  In the latter case, I just get the old "The image cannot be displayed because it contains errors" message.  I've noticed that a similar thing is happening on the Baldur's Gate 3 forum, though it takes the form of [Linked image from i.imgur.com] that can't be clicked, re-loaded, or opened in a new tab at all.

Is this an imgur problem, or is there something I can do through Firefox or Windows Defender or something?

2 hours ago, TheOtherTed said:

Random side note - once again, I am unable to see images posted through imgur, and this time it's not a VPN issue.  Also, right-clicking to reload, or to open the images in a new tab doesn't work.  In the latter case, I just get the old "The image cannot be displayed because it contains errors" message.  I've noticed that a similar thing is happening on the Baldur's Gate 3 forum, though it takes the form of [Linked image from i.imgur.com] that can't be clicked, re-loaded, or opened in a new tab at all.

Is this an imgur problem, or is there something I can do through Firefox or Windows Defender or something?

I couldn't tell you if it's Firefox or W.D.  I post and view Imgur files with Chrome.

Also, your name made me laugh because I recently re-watched the old Dilbert animated series and saw an episode with "Ted."  When he was spoken to, he seemed to ignore Dilbert repeating his name to get his attention until finally he said, "Are you talking to me?  My name's not Ted."  When asked what his name actually was, he admitted, "It's Ted... but not the Ted you're thinking of."  That's probably my favorite joke in the whole show.

Weird.  I just checked it out on (barf) Microsoft Edge, and I get a similar deal.  Might try Chrome, but Google has given me the heebie-jeebies since the Youtube / Google Plus nonsense.

As for the name, when people ask where I got it (no one has yet), I answer "Two Teds, and anthopology class and an object lesson in dominance hierarchies."  I have other origin stories, but that one's my favorite.  Will be sure to watch Dilbert, though - hadn't thought about it in years!

• Thumbs Up 1

the Sybil pieces are fun

image.png.48a66ff0750bb0fd9a69a469ad159efd.png

image.png.c568c0cd1510ffc21a65ba666a01184a.png

borrowed part of this from one in the costume request.

000-0.costume

Edited by Troo
  • Like 9
  • Thumbs Up 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

So Arsenal Control just dropped, a powerset I and many others have been pining for for ages, and so I just had to do something fun with it.

Viral Strain(how in the world is that name not taken?!?!) the technology origin Arsenal/Poison controller. Heavily inspired by Jonathan Crane aka Scarecrow from Batman, he's a brilliant biologist specializing in virology, who developed an unhealthy obsession with creating the perfect disease, went a bit mad, and fled to the Rogue Isles to pursue his research without moral constraints. Roleplaying a bit with Arsenal, pretending all the grenades/tranquilizers are special infectious agents he's created. Made a bunch of different costumes for him, and I'm quite happy with how they turned out, so I thought I'd share.

Spoiler

Viral3.jpg.689f3e66c5a9efd89ccd8747589a2669.jpgViral2.jpg.151765212818394a2958c4c1b691f33b.jpg

Viral5.jpg.26e9bce6c16f2c565c632fe5744109e5.jpgViral4.jpg.d1f6fede0fccb9afab41160223bee8ea.jpg

Viral6.jpg.bd511ee1401f80b07c3bf807a1612ce6.jpgViral7.jpg.71c0d3e59c24b5cc1fea2fd4e3934ab1.jpg

Viral9.jpg.bc76fa8b66a8e719a36969d9a0223efc.jpgViral8.jpg.85cc8821c23343f8b24f23a0bf21cd22.jpg

Viral1.jpg.4d53d23669d173b5778d15369ead4d7d.jpg

Edited by GastlyGibus
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

Global Handle: @Gibs

A guy with unpopular opinions.

Dark Miasma is probably the one set I've played the most but never taken a toon to 50 with. Made a couple of Dark/DP toons that got shelved but looked forward to the crossbow option for DP with page 7. Came up with Jericho Vex, old west sheriff turned vampire turned monster hunter that uses crossbows as stake throwers rather than the usual pistols. Heavily inspired by the somewhat forgotten gem Darkwatch and Jonah Hex.

Screenshot 2024-02-24 062736.png

Screenshot 2024-02-24 062925.png

Screenshot 2024-02-24 063412.png

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

I usually have trouble making new villain characters. I've probably got 10-1 heroes to villains. I recently read an article about "zombie spiders" caused by a fungus that affects invertebrates. Introducing Cordyceptic, combining cordyceps (fungus) and septic, as in a spreading infection, does it make sense?

A desperate scientist tasked with a project seeking mind and body control through cordyceps, with family threatened by Recluse for his failures, he injects the prototype fungus. He was proven right, but the fungus worked so well nothing is left of the scientist, just a husk being controlled by the fungus awaiting Recluse's orders. Necro/Dark Mastermind, he uses spores to reanimate the dead.

screenshot_240224-16-13-26.jpg

screenshot_240224-16-15-48.jpg

Edited by Lightslinger
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 5

new fav

image.png.565df6804a33cf7e7c6d07bed2e13377.png

Edited by Troo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Decided to try out the new Sybil costume, and had to decide which of my alts it suited. Came up with a couple.

Here's Notta Planet (she's the "representative" of Pluto in my Solar System-based team). This costume was originally just 100% Spectrum pieces + a hat. I added the Sybil stuff on top of it, and changed the hat, and I like how it turned out:

image.jpeg.84949cd23322a022e6487810ce966ba0.jpeg

And then there was Meskhenet (formerly called "Ankheza" a name I hated). She's Egyptian, and so I thought it worked well for her, too:

image.jpeg.de894584adb5c7e9230789075094baa7.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hit Streak - Archery / Devices Blaster Luddite wannabe

image.png.680d48464eff4e2915416a4c48e39e4d.png  image.png.75637aa7a359fef5e4faa62b23c33f1c.png  image.png.5e1328d2713dcad871c843e3903a8fab.png

Spacemon - Beam / Traps Corruptor

image.png.3707424aabd90480d6df3c3f75c54db1.png

Edited by Troo
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

This should really go in the thread about pun names, but I can't find it.

But I was fighting high-level Circle of Thorns yesterday, and one particular CoT mob suddenly inspired a character idea.

So here's my new sonic blaster ...

Air Horn Caster

image.jpeg.a086981081bb69cf3d8df45e8700d13a.jpeg

(Really hoping the tall CoT hat/mitre eventually becomes available for players...)

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1