31 Days of Night

Savantir

I agree the "always night" thing is a bit much. I was pleasantly surprised to find while doing an AE arc that inside AE missions with outdoor maps, it looks like day/night still work as normal. If you need a break, find an AE arc with some outdoor maps and bask in the sunlight once more. 😎

"We're out of options, I'll have to use the jetpack," I said, strapping on the jetpack and ignoring the many non-jetpack options still left.

Having trouble deciding your next alt? Just need a cool name? Try out City Suggests

Looking for powers data? Try the Powers API

4 hours ago, RubyRed said:

I agree the "always night" thing is a bit much. I was pleasantly surprised to find while doing an AE arc that inside AE missions with outdoor maps, it looks like day/night still work as normal. If you need a break, find an AE arc with some outdoor maps and bask in the sunlight once more. 😎

Any regular mission that takes place on an outdoor map will be like that. Those outdoor instanced missions will still have their regular day/night cycles.

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

Maybe I'm not picky or I take to heart the saying "variety is the spice of life".  I like redside.  I like goldside.  I like daylight.  I like nighttime.  This change for a month has me more curious what they'll do for the next holiday event rather than worry about possibly considering a virtual night is going to swing my mood meaningfully into an undesired state (because it won't lol).

In fact, I wonder if it's possible to play with the settings so that caves actually look pitch dark outside of light sources.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Leogunner said:

In fact, I wonder if it's possible to play with the settings so that caves actually look pitch dark outside of light sources.  

Like I dont run into enough walls and get stuck on enough rocks.....pffft!

Lol

• Haha 1

I came here as someone who really doesn’t like the perma-night at all, but the poster who pointed it it’s only one month and we get 11 other months with daylight made me realise that the game isn’t just for me. And I can cope with a few more weeks of gloomy downer overcast weather in game by remembering that somewhere out here are fellow gamers who ARE THE NIGHT! And they are very happy with the perma-Dark. 

I’ll be jumping for joy when the sun comes up over the Striga island volcano, but until then, carry on 😄

MCM

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Heck, I'm hoping/wishing they'd rerun this event in like June for say two weeks - same with Christmas.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Yeah; a week or two of Hallowe'en in April or May, and a week or two of Winter Event in July or August would be very handy off-season options for those of us who might be unable to attend during the specific times.

Or maybe as an Influence Sink (which apparently "are needed") allow players to buy time in an instance which functions with the rules of their preferred holiday event.  A little pocket dimension of perma-Hallowe'en, or perma-Winter, complete with all the trick or treats and gift box mechanics.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Summer Rerun (July): Have each weekend be a different event. (Halloween, Christmas, Valentines) (From Friday Morning to Sunday Evening)

Having some other (new) weekend events (or even a single day event) could be fun also: Double Drop event  (Recipes, salvage, etc..), Rare Drop Day; a Tax Day Event (April 15) with Family & Mooks themed missions (maybe some Protect (Hero)/Rob (Villain) Bank Missions).

Monster Smash Event (April 1st) random Giant Monsters & AVs spawning in Zones throughout the day.

King of the Hill Event: Have players go up against some Dev controlled creatures spawning in Talos & Sharkhead.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later
  • 2 weeks later

A few ideas for Halloween/Darkness

Rotate which zones in Paragon are Night all day throughout the Holiday Month. Or choose zones that thematically are best at night.

Danger Zones, which are largely unused.... like Perez Park... could become permanent Trick or Treat zones, trapped in night, even. Or you could turn each "dead" Danger Zone into a Holiday Zone. I suppose Villains lose in this model. Technically, Dark Astoria IS the Halloween Zone already, but it's higher level...

Make a new PvP Zone that's Halloween all the time and only has those level-void enemies that scale to fight everyone. Or it could be a Holiday Zone, but you can't skip to Christmas after Halloween. If you are gonna do a full Holiday Zone, have each MONTH have a Holiday with unique decorations/environment changes.

Does Darkness actually affect gameplay at all anyway? Or could we just give players the ability to choose whether or not they see night or day?

3 hours ago, FDR's Think Tank said:

A few ideas for Halloween/Darkness

Rotate which zones in Paragon are Night all day throughout the Holiday Month. Or choose zones that thematically are best at night.

Danger Zones, which are largely unused.... like Perez Park... could become permanent Trick or Treat zones, trapped in night, even. Or you could turn each "dead" Danger Zone into a Holiday Zone. I suppose Villains lose in this model. Technically, Dark Astoria IS the Halloween Zone already, but it's higher level...

Make a new PvP Zone that's Halloween all the time and only has those level-void enemies that scale to fight everyone. Or it could be a Holiday Zone, but you can't skip to Christmas after Halloween. If you are gonna do a full Holiday Zone, have each MONTH have a Holiday with unique decorations/environment changes.

Does Darkness actually affect gameplay at all anyway? Or could we just give players the ability to choose whether or not they see night or day?

Rotating the zones would mean taking the servers offline every day of the month to change out specific maps for other specific maps, instead of doing it once at the start of the month and once at the end of the month.

And yes, darkness determines when certain enemies can be triggered. Caleb comes to mind. And the Ghosts of Salamanca.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FDR's Think Tank said:

have each MONTH have a Holiday with unique decorations/environment changes.

Have you noticed that the trees leaves have changed color around Atlas Park in keeping with it being Autumn, nice touch even though it's not an event.

• Like 2

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X